Brandon Mason (1 Viewer)

itsabuzzard

I wouldn’t class his performance as the worst, as he did do something’s well and grew into the game. But, as I posted in the Match thread he was the only one standing out for the wrong reasons for me.

Based on pre season, it was the right call to play him ahead of Brown.
Otis! Otis! Where are you?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mr Panda

I wouldn't be surprised if a part of the loan deal for Sterling means he has to play a certain percentage of games over the course of the season or he goes back. Might explain why he's ahead of Grimmer.

That or on paper he's just a lot better than him.

Otis

Otis! Otis! Where are you?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Otis

I wouldn't be surprised if a part of the loan deal for Sterling means he has to play a certain percentage of games over the course of the season or he goes back. Might explain why he's ahead of Grimmer.

Was saying the same thing yesterday. Could well be Chelsea expect him to feature as much as possible.

I can see Grimmer at right back and Sterling further forwards too.

fernandopartridge

Mason did the right thing, ball came out of the sun, he was last man with all charging out towards him, could have lumped it forward but half our team were in off-side positions, he showed good maturity for a rookie. Looks a good player.
Good analysis of the other posts on this thread 7/10

Sky Blue Harry H

Agreed, but the point is why pick two vastly inexperienced full backs to make their debuts at the same time? What has Grimmer done wrong? And although Mason did ok, was he any better than Stokes at defending. Personally I don’t really like small fullbacks, they tend to get beaten in the air far too easily.
Mason just seems like a clone of DKE ( although it’s too early to judge him yet)

No, you are thinking of DKE, who is a clone of DKE, not Mason, who is not a clone of DKE.

Great_Expectations

He looked nervous yesterday and his distribution was poor, especially in the first half. However it did improve as the game went on.

Defensively he was solid, he seemed to get under people and I don’t remember him being beat on the ground. He has pace too which is a bonus for a defender, especially at our level.

He was also alongside Hyam, who isn’t exactly experienced himself. Alongside an experienced CB such as Willis or a vocal one such as Davies will also help him manage the game.

Good signing, it’s a shame we have two left backs more than capable of starting in L1 and we can only play one!

skyblueinBaku

I thought that Mason had a good debut. He reminds me of DiKE. Because he's not very big, I'm sure that Scunny were targetting him but he handled that pressure well. He'll be an asset to the team this season.

vow

I'm surprised some of our fans didn't shout "SHOOT IT" as I heard several times around me yesterday, it didn't matter if the player in question was 35 yards out with 6 defenders between him and the goal. I wish they would let them go back and sit in block 14.
I was guilty yesterday of shouting SHOOT at one time, but in jest rather than anything serious, soz m8,
love from Block 17 xx

vow

Reminded me of David Bennett, show the ball then take it away in his stride rather than blistering pace. Nothing wrong with quick feet rather than fast legs.
Agreed, but I didn't like him trying to take players on, dribbling in his own half, as he lost the ball/got tackled 2 or 3 times.

Otis

I thought that Mason had a good debut. He reminds me of DiKE. Because he's not very big, I'm sure that Scunny were targetting him but he handled that pressure well. He'll be an asset to the team this season.
Mason is 5'8" so a good foot taller than DKE or DKE.

Johnnythespider

I was guilty yesterday of shouting SHOOT at one time, but in jest rather than anything serious, soz m8,
love from Block 17 xx
Wasn't you Vow as they definitely shouted "Shoot it" although i sit in 17 aswell.

Reactions: vow

skyblueinBaku

Mason is 5'8" so a good foot taller than DKE or DKE.
He could well be 2 feet taller than DiKE but he seemed to be just as tenacious, and won't allow himself to be bullied, just like DiKE.

Reactions: vow

The Lurker

mason had a good game. Sterling not as good but still young

Ogogo very good, great partner for Doyle or Kelly. We need a ruthless striker

Otis

Really impressed with Ogogo and he seemingly is really good in the air too. The headers he made were perfectly placed to team mates.

Mucca Mad Boys

Loans don’t work like this. However, there are loans that get cheaper the more their player gets game time, which is an incentive for the club to play that player.

Our assistant manager knows Dujon Sterling from his academy days, is well regarded at Chelsea — even making first team appearances! Given how good we all think Bayliss is, Sterling is starting in that England U19s team whereas Bayliss was the bench. Grimmer was a key part in our successful L2 campaign, but, he does also make a lot of mistakes too. We needed an upgrade at that position to compete at the upper end of L1 — Sterling is that option in the eyes of Vivesh and Robins.

There’s no dodgy loan agreement with Chelsea. Why on earth would MR tie himself to a deal like that?! It’s obviously a case of moving the squad forward to compete in L1.

Otis

Chelsea will obviously be expecting him to play as much as possible.

If we say sent Ponticelli on loan to a National League team, we would be really disappointed if he then didn't get game time and it would make the loan pointless.

Governmac

I thought he had a good debut, the guy in front of me was slagging him off within 15 minutes though.

lifeskyblue

Loved the way he recovered and nipped in front of attackers if he lost the first ball. Yes I think once he settles his distribution will improve and hopefully robins will give him and sterling more opportunity to forage forwards. I think it was a positive debut and he showed that he has the potential to get better. Those that boo or have a go on the basis of one performance just amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Panda

Loans don’t work like this. However, there are loans that get cheaper the more their player gets game time, which is an incentive for the club to play that player.

Our assistant manager knows Dujon Sterling from his academy days, is well regarded at Chelsea — even making first team appearances! Given how good we all think Bayliss is, Sterling is starting in that England U19s team whereas Bayliss was the bench. Grimmer was a key part in our successful L2 campaign, but, he does also make a lot of mistakes too. We needed an upgrade at that position to compete at the upper end of L1 — Sterling is that option in the eyes of Vivesh and Robins.

There’s no dodgy loan agreement with Chelsea. Why on earth would MR tie himself to a deal like that?! It’s obviously a case of moving the squad forward to compete in L1.

After signing Leon McKenzie on a permanent but being told he can't play in the game against Norwich I feel like anything is possible when it comes to football transfers.

Mucca Mad Boys

Loved the way he recovered and nipped in front of attackers if he lost the first ball. Yes I think once he settles his distribution will improve and hopefully robins will give him and sterling more opportunity to forage forwards. I think it was a positive debut and he showed that he has the potential to get better. Those that boo or have a go on the basis of one performance just amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We seem to have a disproportionate amount of numpties amongst our support, unfortunately...

Mcbean

i thought most looked a bit nervous and improved clearly - they have not had much chance to play with each other so the more they knot together the better they will get

ccfchoi87

I thought he had a decent game but that's probably because the bloke in front of me hated him. He made the right decision passing that ball back, on your debut at 19 years of age of course you'd take the easier option in that situation. Humphrys looked a good player and I think mason lived up to it well.

Otis

Thought he had a really good debut, couldn't believe it when I saw people criticising him.
That was only for that one incident though wasn't it?

From what I saw, when he did well he was applauded and when he made a mistake, criticised.

Only heard that one very audible groan and that was that pass back to the keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread