Brandon Mason (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Thought he looked excellent today at times. Reminded me of Danny rose at times and although he made the odd mistake thought he will be some player given time.

JoshCCFC1987

Thought he looked excellent both going forward and defending not scared to put a tackle in unlike Haynes only negative for me was the pass back to the keeper from the corner

Nick

Administrator
He looked nervous to start, played some nice passes out of defence and a couple of good crosses.

cooperskyblue

Agreed. I thought he got forward very well, looked very quick and certainly tackled well. Think him and Brown will have a real good tussle for the left back spot.

Grendel

Thought he looked excellent today at times. Reminded me of Danny rose at times and although he made the odd mistake thought he will be some player given time.

Slight hyperbole but it was a good debut

Greggs

Good player. But not as good as their left back

Greggs

He is contracted to Man United tbf played 10 times for them and previous loan spells have been with Wolves and Leeds so quite a coup at our level
I wonder something we could have done if we'd concentrated on quality rather than quantity

PVA

Looked decent aside from a few misplaced passes early on. Interested to see Brown as well but Mason is an upgrade on Stokes and Haynes.

Was disappointed with Sterling though, both offensively and defensively. Plenty more to come from him I'm sure.

harvey098

Scunthorpe had pushed out very fast and about 6 of our players were offside. It wasn’t the exciting thing to do to pass back, but it was the right thing.

Logged in specifically to make this point and then just read your comment. I do hate our “fans” sometimes. The players must lose respect for us:

The fans that booed that demonstrated why they’re sat watching and not playing. They would’ve hoofed it back in, Scunthorpe centre half would’ve won the header and scunny would’ve had a 4v2

Otis

Scunthorpe had pushed out very fast and about 6 of our players were offside. It wasn’t the exciting thing to do to pass back, but it was the right thing.
Have to disagree with that I'm afraid. He had an absolute age to do something with the ball and there were no Scunthorpe players within about 25 yards of him. He had plenty of time to allow our forwards to come back from offside postions.

He didn't even think for a second, just hit ot back to O'Brien with no thought. Think pretty much the enitre ground found it bizarre. He had loads of time on his hands.

Polar

Think it was more relief than anything else.

That pass back was bizarre to say the least.

Might have just been in response to a shout or call? Sometimes someone say’s “I’ll have” and it’s automatic....

But yeah he did seem a bit shaky at first (and Scunthorpe exploited that by sending the ball that way). But very quickly looked more assured. Hopefully will grow into that role, saw some good link up play for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Thought he was our worst player on the pitch - both full backs didn’t fill me with hope. Gets beat to easily in the air and teams are always going to make him the outlet. Did grow in the first half then had a poor second.
Really?! I thought he looked very assured. A pacy defender that can actually defend.
We must have been watching different games.

Nick

Administrator
There was also a chance of he tried to pump it back in it gets charged down and he's out numbered

CCFC54321

Thought he was our worst player on the pitch - both full backs didn’t fill me with hope. Gets beat to easily in the air and teams are always going to make him the outlet. Did grow in the first half then had a poor second.
I think everyone who was there felt for a young player in his first game with no real first team experience showed after a slow start a lot of potential and was a breath of fresh air defensively and supporting the attack.

I don’t agree with you at all.

Otis

There was also a chance of he tried to pump it back in it gets charged down and he's out numbered
Charged down by who though? There was no-one within 20-25 yards of him.

Would like to see it again to be quite honest, because he seemed to have an absolute age on the ball when it came back to him and I am never a one for shouting at players to just hoof it back in.

I always fully accept a player playing it back to be safe if there is nothing else on, but he seemed to have an absolute age yesterday and everyone around me yesterday seemed totally baffled , as were CWR and Roy Barry, the ex City guest pundit on the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread