Brainstorm (3 Viewers)

The Reverend Skyblue

And anyway I'm positive covrugby is a wasps plant to try and turn against them.
Nick needs to look into this.

covrugby

Could you please leave our site and go back to your own site.
I was thinking of going to Cov rugby to see if I could get into the sport, but after your great PR for your club I'm going to spend my money elsewhere.
Your club will be ashamed of you, you stick with 1 or 2000 a game, that's going to take you up the leagues

Why will they be ashamed of me ..... What have done ? .. Said it how it is about your motives for attending CRFC ? and you don't like it ....

'Thinking' about coming ... That's about as far as it goes .... Thinking and talking about it until Wasps screw your academy and then you're a bit more interested.

What are you lot going to add to the attendance ? About another 10 ....

Nick

Administrator
Why will they be ashamed of me ..... What have done ? .. Said it how it is about your motives for attending CRFC ? and you don't like it ....

'Thinking' about coming ... That's about as far as it goes .... Thinking and talking about it until Wasps screw your academy and then you're a bit more interested.

What are you lot going to add to the attendance ? About another 10 ....
Wait, so you make out people are only thinking, talking but get all up tight about those nasty criminal remarks. Make your mind up.

ccfchoi87

I don't know much about protests and what would be effective but I'd be happy to join in with anything. However one thing I do know is a boycott is not the answer. Yes this was okay In Northampton but (like myself) there are many fans who simply do not miss home games at the Ricoh. A boycott would only divide fans. As suggested before, the best form of protest would be to get to the Ricoh in numbers. Any other form of protest would also rely on numbers as with the most successful of our previous protests (Arsenal and the marches).

Astute

And back to the thread.......

So we get protests going. All this is good. But what chance have we got of what happens at the protests being known about when we are told that out of the two local papers that one of them is pro Wasps/CCC anti CCFC and the other is hardly read by anyone?

SkyBlueZack

I think that would be where we would have to maximise social media. I think it's more about uniting the cities fan bases than protesting. Showing the world that we are proud and care about our clubs.

Nick

Administrator

So we get protests going. All this is good. But what chance have we got of what happens at the protests being known about when we are told that out of the two local papers that one of them is pro Wasps/CCC anti CCFC and the other is hardly read by anyone?

Well that would be the test wouldn't it. With the Trust and loads of fans on board, surely the telegraph have no choice but to back it.

It puts them in the position of if they don't, then it is clear to see why. The Observer will, just to spite the telegraph :)

Then as said, social media too.

NorthernWisdom

Social Media, this website, word of mouth...

Pretty sure the Telegraph would publish a story if any protest looks like it might have legs. They're in it for news after all. Dunno if anybody does read the Observer, but it's still delivered free through peoples' doors.

Leaflet the city centre?

Host a dedicated website?

Nick

Administrator
Social Media, this website, word of mouth...

Pretty sure the Telegraph would publish a story if any protest looks like it might have legs. They're in it for news after all. Dunno if anybody does read the Observer, but it's still delivered free through peoples' doors.

Leaflet the city centre?

Host a dedicated website?

Yep, suggested the last one to Steve at the Trust.

Astute

I agree with both of you. I don't know myself how bad things are with the local rags as I can't remember the last time I read the CET and what is the Observer? But social media is so strong these days if used right. And the local rags are in competition with each other even if not read like in years gone by.

SkyBlueZack

If we could get it trending it's massive. Would of gone global. This is the bit where we need ex players and celebrity fans backing the cause. We might even then make the national papers.

Nick

Administrator
If we could get it trending it's massive. Would of gone global. This is the bit where we need ex players and celebrity fans backing the cause. We might even then make the national papers.

that's the thing, get people like Huckerby and ex players helping, then people could aim for Lineker etc.

SkyBlueZack

We need to do something soon though. I'm bit worried that the trust seem to be taking a long time over this. I've not seen them announce a course of action yet

NorthernWisdom

Oh yeah, and wrt local media, as budgets get slashed, what they lap up is people writing their stories for free! Saves them having to employ reporters...

So a couple of newsworthy articles would see a presence in the local press...

SkyBlueZack

Just concerned we may lose momentum I suppose. Whatever action is taken needs to be agreed by the fan base which will take time. All the while the planning application is a day closer to being approved.

NorthernWisdom

Whatever action is taken needs to be agreed by the fan base which will take time.

I actually disagree with that. What the fanbase needs to do is agree to follow whatever action is decided upon, even if it's not the first choice.

The issue we had with Northampton was 1,001 views on what to do, meaning it ended up more herding cats then actually organising anything.

oldfiver

When I say respectable I mean someone who can be respected by the other side as well as their own fans .... A bit of history with the club as a supporter, someone who can negotiate, probably most importantly not throwing toys around if things don't go his/her way ! I'm over simplifying but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Sounds like that could be me :)

shelby76

Maybe get all cov academy lads past and present, and first team to tweet #save our academy support Coventry rugby club. That would have a lot of penetration. They could do it on installation, maybe someone could design a generic logo that could simply be re-posted.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The immediate issue is the Academy isn't it?.

The people we need to influence are (in no particular order) CCFC, SISU, CCC Wasps, CSF

Instead of looking at other clubs attendances what about focussing (as far as keeping the academy goes) on getting people to the home Academy games. If say the U18's were to get a crowd of 1000 plus doesn't that make a statement to those above about the strength of feeling the fans have about our academy? It would not be hard to organise, it would not cost to attend, it would be for the benefit of CCFC, and it would cause disruption in a positive way at the Higgs centre simply because of the volume of people. Can chant, make as much noise as you want, direct it at whoever or all sides, Easy for the local media to cover and something that the club itself could promote

shelby76

The people we need to influence are (in no particular order) CCFC, SISU, CCC Wasps, CSF

Instead of looking at other clubs attendances what about focussing (as far as keeping the academy goes) on getting people to the home Academy games. If say the U18's were to get a crowd of 1000 plus doesn't that make a statement to those above about the strength of feeling the fans have about our academy? It would not be hard to organise, it would not cost to attend, it would be for the benefit of CCFC, and it would cause disruption in a positive way at the Higgs centre simply because of the volume of people. Can chant, make as much noise as you want, direct it at whoever or all sides, Easy for the local media to cover and something that the club itself could promote
I see were your coming from, but the only way wasps will sit up take notice is if they fear we might make the cov rugby club bigger than them with it can be.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I see were your coming from, but the only way wasps will sit up take notice is if they fear we might make the cov rugby club bigger than them with it can be.

That would require a financial commitment from football fans of several seasons to a game most do not understand or enjoy though. The odd game here or there is not going to provide enough funds to propel CRFC in to the Premiership or even anywhere close to the top of the Championship.

Wasps will clearly keep an eye on things but the time it will take to make CRFC a serious challenger in a rugby sense also gives Wasps more time to bed their own club in. What you might also generate if both those clubs are successful is a true "City of Rugby" (hate that phrase) which might actually damage CCFC unless they too get their act together.

In addition as soon as CCFC becomes successful like it or not many fans will switch off from protests, CRFC, Wasps etc and just watch their team wherever it is playing

catch 22 situation in many senses

Last edited:

shelby76

That would require a financial commitment from football fans of several seasons to a game most do not understand or enjoy though. The odd game here or there is not going to provide enough funds to propel CRFC in to the Premiership or even anywhere close to the top of the Championship.

Wasps will clearly keep an eye on things but the time it will take to make CRFC a serious challenger in a rugby sense also gives Wasps more time to bed their own club in. What you might also generate if both those clubs are successful is a true "City of Rugby" (hate that phrase) which might actually damage CCFC unless they too get their act together.

In addition as soon as CCFC becomes successful like it or not many fans will switch off from protests, CRFC, Wasps etc and just watch their team wherever it is playing

catch 22 situation in many senses
Yes I agree to a certain extent but right now people would sit up take notice. That's what we need.

Otis

Greta idea. Get people to go to academy games. It's still CCFC so we are still supporting our club.

Generally Midfield

Well that would be the test wouldn't it. With the Trust and loads of fans on board, surely the telegraph have no choice but to back it.

It puts them in the position of if they don't, then it is clear to see why. The Observer will, just to spite the telegraph :)

Then as said, social media too.

It would be great if the trust sorts something but as they always say they are neutral are they going to do something that will put pressure on wasps? Can't help but feel if you or one of the other top people on here took a lead a protest against wasps could be done a lot sooner?

Nick

Administrator
It would be great if the trust sorts something but as they always say they are neutral are they going to do something that will put pressure on wasps? Can't help but feel if you or one of the other top people on here took a lead a protest against wasps could be done a lot sooner?

I am far from a "top person", I just know how to setup websites!

I think the Trust are working on things, I am usually the first to dig at them but we need to work together for once!

NorthernWisdom

The protests that worked in Northampton were the Trust backed ones - two marches, and an Arsenal one (they got on board with that one in the end).

All the others ended up background noise, that arguably ended up counterproductive.

Generally Midfield

The protests that worked in Northampton were the Trust backed ones - two marches, and an Arsenal one (they got on board with that one in the end).

All the others ended up background noise, that arguably ended up counterproductive.

Yeah, the marches and Arsenal were awesome but I also just have a general memory that there always seemed to be something going on which got attention and kept things going - I just feel wasps and all the rest are getting a free ride at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread