Brainstorm (1 Viewer)

covrugby

How many times has that been done and what has it achieved?

What would get the most exposure to show for example people in Coventry aren't interested in Wasps, 4 city fans going to talk to their owner and being bullshitted to or a sellout at CRFC on the same day as a wasps game or something like that? The same as if CCFC got bigger attendances that Wasps it would send a message.

Going to have a meeting with Wasps or SISU would be the same, spin and bullshit.

Perhaps there lies a difference .... My experience and knowledge (not been personally directly involved for a few years) with supporters groups and CRFC has been positive over the years (although granted sometimes don't get where you want).

A sellout at Butts would hardly impact Wasps, I think it would have to be done a fair few times before anyone took notice, the other problem is that you'd wait weeks between games that clashed, so there would be no momentum.

Is there any routine dialogue between CCFC supporters and Wasps over everyday stuff ?

SkyBlueZack

No dialogue that I'm aware of. Do you think there should be then? You think all parties should sit round the table and talk? What would you like to come from that? Do you think wasps pose a threat to future success of crfc?

oldfiver

Anderson said legal actions are not a barrier - as you lied again I can't be bothered reading the rest of your tripe.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-managing-director-chris-11420915

In case you missed it before:

Rugby club chief executive David Armstrong said the 'background noise' of ongoing legal action made it difficult to agree long-term deal

Wasps have suspended talks over long-term deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena.

covrugby

No dialogue that I'm aware of. Do you think there should be then? You think all parties should sit round the table and talk? What would you like to come from that? Do you think wasps pose a threat to future success of crfc?

It was just out of interest whether there was any kind of existing relationship .... Whether there should be I suppose is up to you guys.

It's not about getting round a table it's just about having a relationship where information and views can pass from respected supporters without the spin and BS.

Right now Wasps are not a direct threat playing at completely different levels .... Whether we could co exist as premiership teams would be another matter, but we are nowhere near that yet.

SkyBlueZack

How would you define a respectable supporter? The question was do you think they are a threat to future success? Meaning do you think they will hinder any progression crfc make?

chiefdave

In case you missed it before:

Rugby club chief executive David Armstrong said the 'background noise' of ongoing legal action made it difficult to agree long-term deal

Wasps have suspended talks over long-term deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena.
From the same Q&A
Are you saying it’s a prerequisite of Ricoh Arena talks that Sisu drop the legal action?
“We weren’t as firm as that.
Really needed a follow up question at that point. If they've stopped talks because of a legal action going on but dropping that legal action isn't a requirement to restart talks then what do they want to happen for talks to restart?

shelby76

Wasp are the Americans telling us ccfc (Apache)you can live on the reservation in peace stop the fighting, and we all know how that ended, let's keep fighting.

covrugby

How would you define a respectable supporter? The question was do you think they are a threat to future success? Meaning do you think they will hinder any progression crfc make?

When I say respectable I mean someone who can be respected by the other side as well as their own fans .... A bit of history with the club as a supporter, someone who can negotiate, probably most importantly not throwing toys around if things don't go his/her way ! I'm over simplifying but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Like I say right now they are no threat or hinderence but go up a league or two they probably would, not deliberately necessarily but they would be potentially competing for supporters, sponsorship etc but like I say CRFC aren't there yet to be hindered.

shelby76

You been on half term this week, back to school tomorrow !
What you gonna spank me ringer, getting my cover rugby shirt tomorrow more money for your clubs coffers mate ☺ what's the atmosphere down at butts gonna be buzzing soon.

The Reverend Skyblue

Cow rugby, your club will be ashamed of you,th only supporter in history who doesn't want increased attendances at their club.
Jog on, it's a football site, and if you don't welcome some new customers you do not have your clubs best interest at heart.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What you gonna spank me ringer, getting my cover rugby shirt tomorrow more money for your clubs coffers mate ☺ what's the atmosphere down at butts gonna be buzzing soon.
It's usually good at Cov games not as good as condo road for obvious reasons but I've enjoyed my four or five games a season. Used to go a lot more in the 70s and 80s you want to try it

covrugby

Cow rugby, your club will be ashamed of you,th only supporter in history who doesn't want increased attendances at their club.
Jog on, it's a football site, and if you don't welcome some new customers you do not have your clubs best interest at heart.

AttendanceS or one attendance ? .... If it's just one attendance because your academy is in jeapordy then I'm quite sure that the club can manage without your ticket money.

Grendel

AttendanceS or one attendance ? .... If it's just one attendance because your academy is in jeapordy then I'm quite sure that the club can manage without your ticket money.

I'm sure it can.

Is it just co incidence by the way that in your earlier posts when you were making comments about violence and illegal activities against wasps you were using identical phrases to wasps posters on their forum?

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure it can.

Is it just co incidence by the way that in your earlier posts when you were making comments about violence and illegal activities against wasps you were using identical phrases to wasps posters on their forum?

The same as he knew what the opinion of this site was when he found it by searching for his rugby club stuff?
The same as he had only looked at threads discussed on the Wasps forum?
The same as he seems to have an issue (like they do on the wasps forum) about somebody saying "smash it up" about criminality and violence.

It is a bit of a joke really isn't it.

Grendel

Well the whole thread got infiltrated in the end by an incredible burst if wasps PR - their own site is also mentioning this thread a lot and the other one I started a few days ago.

This in itself is a result as at least it's getting attention.

People need to look at wasps mentality. It's aim is to be a global brand in its sport. What it does not want is that brand tarnished.

So lots of good ideas we need to think about.

I still believe one match at the Ricoh will have huge impact if it has attendance and especially a televised game. It needs careful consideration and planning but awareness and impact is potentially significant in tarnishing their oh so precious brand.

covrugby

The same as he knew what the opinion of this site was when he found it by searching for his rugby club stuff?
The same as he had only looked at threads discussed on the Wasps forum?
The same as he seems to have an issue (like they do on the wasps forum) about somebody saying "smash it up" about criminality and violence.

It is a bit of a joke really isn't it.

Miss Marple and her friend at it again :) .... Well you are way off the mark .... I've never posted anything on the Wasps site ... Although I don't suppose anything I say will suppress your paranoia. Have you thought that people have mentioned it because it's unacceptable ?

Nick

Administrator
Miss Marple and her friend at it again :) .... Well you are way off the mark .... I've never posted anything on the Wasps site ... Although I don't suppose anything I say will suppress your paranoia. Have you thought that people have mentioned it because it's unacceptable ?

Yep ok then.

It's nothing to do with paranoia, it's about having to deal with pr companies and random agendas day in day out.

The comment that's got you and the wasps poster so outraged is very tame, it clearly isn't inciting violence is it? It's off the cuff.

Not to mention your psycic skills where you knew people's opinions of a site you had just found in Google, strange.

It's ok, you have tried to ruin this thread but at least it shows that it has people's attention at least.

shelby76

What are you doing here? You are encouraging everyone to support cov rugby club? And I thought that's what you didn't want your posts are just bizarre.

covrugby

Well the whole thread got infiltrated in the end by an incredible burst if wasps PR - their own site is also mentioning this thread a lot and the other one I started a few days ago.

This in itself is a result as at least it's getting attention.

People need to look at wasps mentality. It's aim is to be a global brand in its sport. What it does not want is that brand tarnished.

So lots of good ideas we need to think about.

I still believe one match at the Ricoh will have huge impact if it has attendance and especially a televised game. It needs careful consideration and planning but awareness and impact is potentially significant in tarnishing their oh so precious brand.

The only thing you would tarnish is yourself :) what are you going to do run on the pitch waving a CCFC banner and risk getting flattened by a 6'7" rugby player ..... And then you wonder why I objected to you guys coming down to CRFC.

Your famous headline grabbing thread must have caught the attention of the worlds media buy now.

GRENDEL the keyboard anarchist :) you couldn't plan your way out of a paper bag even with the help of your trusted friend Miss Marple.

shelby76

Everybody ignore this idiot covrugby. Let's keep brainstorming ignore this c**t. GRENDEL keep going mate you are on to something.

covrugby

Yep ok then.

It's nothing to do with paranoia, it's about having to deal with pr companies and random agendas day in day out.

The comment that's got you and the wasps poster so outraged is very tame, it clearly isn't inciting violence is it? It's off the cuff.

Not to mention your psycic skills where you knew people's opinions of a site you had just found in Google, strange.

It's ok, you have tried to ruin this thread but at least it shows that it has people's attention at least.

Is it off the cuff ? ... Who knows ... I certainly don't make off the cuff remarks like that and Im sure the vast majority of your posters don't .... Off the cuff or not does that make it acceptable ? Or is it ok to say what you like because it's football ? Is it ok to make an off the cuff remark that's racist ? Probably not ... What's the difference.. ?

As for my psychic skills .... Did I say it was the first time I'd ever skimmed through the site, I was asked what attracted me to that thread. ..... You can't even respect and take each other seriously let alone anyone else taking you seriously ... It doesn't really take psychic skills to work that out !

Nick

Administrator
Is it off the cuff ? ... Who knows ... I certainly don't make off the cuff remarks like that and Im sure the vast majority of your posters don't .... Off the cuff or not does that make it acceptable ? Or is it ok to say what you like because it's football ? Is it ok to make an off the cuff remark that's racist ? Probably not ... What's the difference.. ?

As for my psychic skills .... Did I say it was the first time I'd ever skimmed through the site, I was asked what attracted me to that thread. ..... You can't even respect and take each other seriously let alone anyone else taking you seriously ... It doesn't really take psychic skills to work that out !

What's the difference between saying "smash it up" in the context where it is quite clear he isn't going to smash anything, and something racist? Are you serious?

covrugby

What are you doing here? You are encouraging everyone to support cov rugby club? And I thought that's what you didn't want your posts are just bizarre.

More the point .... What are you doing here ? .... You've clearly made a massive contribution to the plight of CCFC and your fellow supporters

covrugby

What's the difference between saying "smash it up" in the context where it is quite clear he isn't going to smash anything, and something racist? Are you serious?

You've taken "smash it up" out of the context it was said in ..... How do you know what he's going to do ? It was a response to a request for suggestions as to how to protest ....it's the kind of thing that historically football supporters have done, so not really beyond belief is it .... perhaps not off the cuff and ridiculous as you are making it sound. My point about racism is illustrating something that would unacceptable.

Nick

Administrator
You've taken "smash it up" out of the context it was said in ..... How do you know what he's going to do ? It was a response to a request for suggestions as to how to protest ....it's the kind of thing that historically football supporters have done, so not really beyond belief is it .... perhaps not off the cuff and ridiculous as you are making it sound. My point about racism is illustrating something that would unacceptable.
So you think he is actually going to smash things? That's the difference with saying something racist, that is actually being racist rather then saying something you have no intention of doing.

The second stupid comparison to racism of the day.

Get a grip. Only you and a poster on the wasps forum seem to have taken it literally.

covrugby

So you think he is actually going to smash things? That's the difference with saying something racist, that is actually being racist rather then saying something you have no intention of doing.

The second stupid comparison to racism of the day.

Get a grip. Only you and a poster on the wasps forum seem to have taken it literally.

Whether he was going to do it or not or whether I think he would is irrelevant .... In my view it's unacceptable to suggest it, clearly you don't which is fine and I can now see why as it's probably the norm on here.

Nick

Administrator
Whether he was going to do it or not or whether I think he would is irrelevant .... In my view it's unacceptable to suggest it, clearly you don't which is fine and I can now see why as it's probably the norm on here.

I guess you think the Legion are going to take over a game too because there are no banning orders?

Stop being so soft, I think most on here can tell it wasn't serious and if they thought it was they would have discounted it. Hence it is only you and A N other on the Wasps forum who have taken it so literally.

The Reverend Skyblue

Could you please leave our site and go back to your own site.
I was thinking of going to Cov rugby to see if I could get into the sport, but after your great PR for your club I'm going to spend my money elsewhere.
Your club will be ashamed of you, you stick with 1 or 2000 a game, that's going to take you up the leagues

Grendel

No I haven't thought that.
Could you please leave our site and go back to your own site.
I was thinking of going to Cov rugby to see if I could get into the sport, but after your great PR for your club I'm going to spend my money elsewhere.
Your club will be ashamed of you, you stick with 1 or 2000 a game, that's going to take you up the leagues

I suspect it's a different rugby club he is promoting on here.

Users who are viewing this thread