Brainstorm (2 Viewers)

Otis

Given that wasps have before said they'd never move from around London, said they'd be extinct if they didn't, said they'd redevelop the land as part of the purchase agreement, said they'd build a training complex somewhere In Warwickshire to create jobs, said they'd work closely with coventry rugby club - yes on second thoughts in sure what they've said is true.

But then you DO believe what Chris Anderson has said.

My problem is that when it suits their argument people accept what these officials say and when it doesn't suit their argument they don't.

covrugby

Totally understable.

Apart from the fact you haven't read any of the threads about the butts move etc. Only this one, one about the higgs and sisu and the one about creating awareness.

So I guess the only problem is that you signed up on here to read about your rugby club, but have only read about protests and the higgs centre and not the ones about the move to the butts etc or the others concerning cov rugby. Only reading the same ones that are discussed on the wasps forum.

(Unless of course you log out to read those, then back in again for others. Which would be weird)

Miss Marple - I didn't sign up to read about my club (did I say I had?) other than what has been written on this thread since my first post, I've been reading all the threads on this situation for the last few days as a guest and signed up to comment .... This thread of the many happened to be the top of the pile and most relevant.

Most forum moderators do just that rather than calling people out because of where they are located or what threads they are viewing ! I suppose as the boss you do what you like !

Paranoid ? :)

chiefdave

So no protests about Wasps just sell out CRFC?
You make it known, through social media, local press etc, that CCFC fans are attending to show unity with CRFC so in that sense it is a protest. But once at the game there would be no disruption of any sort.

Nick

Administrator
Miss Marple - I didn't sign up to read about my club (did I say I had?) other than what has been written on this thread since my first post, I've been reading all the threads on this situation for the last few days as a guest and signed up to comment .... This thread of the many happened to be the top of the pile and most relevant.

Most forum moderators do just that rather than calling people out because of where they are located or what threads they are viewing ! I suppose as the boss you do what you like !

Paranoid ? :)

Most forums don't have to deal with pr companies or alternative agendas other than just being a ccfc fan.

It won't be long until the usual "freedom of speech" lines come out to play.

Paranoid - maybe stupid - No

You said you searched for your club stuff and it brought up the site.

Nick

Administrator
Because there's nothing strange about a non CCFC supporter signing up to a CCFC to post complaints that the club they do support may get an increased attendance, and therefore more revenue, at one of their games.
And get uptight about an off the cuff remark to smash up a wasps game...

covrugby

Point taken - by me. But now we are involved, is there common ground for some sort of joint protest? Or are Rugby fans generally happy with Wasps being here?

Of course there would be common ground for a joint adult approach to the situation but don't you think it could be tackled better rather than some assuming it's ok to just pitch up at a CRFC game and assuming it would be welcomed and everyone would thank you for the extra bar takings, ticket sales etc (whether or not Nick clears it with his mate at the club !)

But I still say that the joint protest would be dropped like a ton of bricks if you got what you wanted from Wasps .... Very few from here would continue it with CRFC's interests in mind !

Nick

Administrator
Of course there would be common ground for a joint adult approach to the situation but don't you think it could be tackled better rather than some assuming it's ok to just pitch up at a CRFC game and assuming it would be welcomed and everyone would thank you for the extra bar takings, ticket sales etc (whether or not Nick clears it with his mate at the club !)

But I still say that the joint protest would be dropped like a ton of bricks if you got what you wanted from Wasps .... Very few from here would continue it with CRFC's interests in mind !
You seem to be totally ignoring things said in the past about crfc before the higgs stuff came out?

It was about three weeks ago discussions about the club's working together

covrugby

Because there's nothing strange about a non CCFC supporter signing up to a CCFC to post complaints that the club they do support may get an increased attendance, and therefore more revenue, at one of their games.

Why should anyone thank you just because you turn up to one game because your academy is in trouble, when you wouldn't have bothered otherwise .... Big deal !!

covrugby

Most forums don't have to deal with pr companies or alternative agendas other than just being a ccfc fan.

It won't be long until the usual "freedom of speech" lines come out to play.

Paranoid - maybe stupid - No

You said you searched for your club stuff and it brought up the site.

I can fully appreciate the issues you may have, I've never pretended to be anything other than who I am .... A long time CRFC supporter.

Yes I searched (not specifically your site) but I didn't sign up to read I signed up to post.

chiefdave

Why should anyone thank you just because you turn up to one game because your academy is in trouble, when you wouldn't have bothered otherwise .... Big deal !!
The point you continually ignore is that people have bothered, its been mentioned regularly since Wasps first appeared.

covrugby

You seem to be totally ignoring things said in the past about crfc before the higgs stuff came out?

It was about three weeks ago discussions about the club's working together

The clubs working together (if they ever do fully) is completely different to supporters assuming it's ok to turn up because the academy is in trouble .... As some of your own have commented .... Nobody would be interested if you got the deal you want from Wasps ...... Time will tell, let's see what happens over the next 3 months when the dust has settled, you may have your deal .... How many on here are still keen to protest with CRFC ? ... Not many I suspect :)

Grendel

Why would you prefer to see legal action stay on the agenda that does not benefit the club. Over the possibility of it getting dropped so A deal can be concluded that secures the future of the club?

My view is it's an irrelevance that a PR statement will make a vague reference to when the reality is the organisation actually wants to remove the club regardless.

Your constant attempts to avert any protests aimed at wasps have been noted and certainly not just from me.

Make a thread asking for strategy against sisu and tactics to make them stop legal action. I promise I will not divert it.

Otis

I can fully appreciate the issues you may have, I've never pretended to be anything other than who I am .... A long time CRFC supporter.

Yes I searched (not specifically your site) but I didn't sign up to read I signed up to post.

Can I ask, from your own experience, how do Cov fans feel about the prospect of ground-sharing with us at the Butts and the expansion and development that would be needed?

For, against, or meh?

Nick

Administrator

You also found the site randomly by searching but know that people don't take the site seriously.

You have only read the threads being discussed in a wasps forum.

You keep reporting the post about "smashing up" a wasps game.

You have setup a generic email address to suit

You are using a dedicated server in Ireland to post

You don't seem to know about posts on here and suggestions about crfc in the past yet keep banging on.

To sum it up, you don't want loads of fans to go to a crfc game or "smash up" a wasps game. (Which I don't think actually means smash anything, but you seem a bit intent about it)

dongonzalos

My view is it's an irrelevance that a PR statement will make a vague reference to when the reality is the organisation actually wants to remove the club regardless.

Your constant attempts to avert any protests aimed at wasps have been noted and certainly not just from me.

Make a thread asking for strategy against sisu and tactics to make them stop legal action. I promise I will not divert it.

Why would I want a thread about just that I want fans to take action against all sides.

covrugby

You also found the site randomly by searching but know that people don't take the site seriously.

You have only read the threads being discussed in a wasps forum.

You keep reporting the post about "smashing up" a wasps game.

You are using a dedicated server in Ireland to post

You don't seem to know about posts on here and suggestions about crfc in the past yet keep banging on.

To sum it up, you don't want loads of fans to go to a crfc game or "smash up" a wasps game. (Which I don't think actually means smash anything, but you seem a bit intent about it)

If you don't want me to 'bang on' then don't reply to my posts .... Other than my first post which was unsolicited ... Everything else is a reply, so I'm not really banging on !

I'll ignore the stupid Miss Marple stuff ....

Grendel

Why would I want a thread about just that I want fans to take action against all sides.

Excellent so what ideas to you have regarding the removal of wasps from coventry?

covrugby

Can I ask, from your own experience, how do Cov fans feel about the prospect of ground-sharing with us at the Butts and the expansion and development that would be needed?

For, against, or meh?

Taking it on face value it could be a good thing .... However a lot of supporters in my circle of friends are and would be very much against anything that SISU is behind, so the principle is fine it's just the back end that could be a problem. However in my opinion it won't happen anyway, CCFC have made it clear they would still grab a deal at the Ricoh (as far as I know), so Butts is really the fallback, it wouldn't solve the academy issue either from what I've read.

chiefdave

Cleared with who ? Supporters who you want to stand in solidarity with ? Or management who would say yes for the ticket sales ?
If the CRFC supporters aren't happy with the owners or management of the club are they taking any action against them?

martcov

Ok. We are in the close season now and we may get some deal from Wasps in the meantime and/ or lose interest in a joint protest with CRFC, but... If we are still up for a protest when the season starts, how would you suggest working together to come to a joint adult approach?

covrugby

If the CRFC supporters aren't happy with the owners or management of the club are they taking any action against them?

Who said the supporters aren't happy with the owners or management ? I just said they would say yes for the ticket sales. Two very different things.

covrugby

Ok. We are in the close season now and we may get some deal from Wasps in the meantime and/ or lose interest in a joint protest with CRFC, but... If we are still up for a protest when the season starts, how would you suggest working together to come to a joint adult approach?

In my view a joint approach would be best served by a small group of respected supporters entering in dialogue with relevant parties (for me that applies whether it's a joint group or not) ... A few turning up for a game will serve no purpose at all. Having said that there could end up a conflict in views around what the actual issues are, particularly if anything gathers pace with BPA. The issues for one set of supporters could end up being different to the others.

dongonzalos

Excellent so what ideas to you have regarding the removal of wasps from coventry?

Can't see that happening so we need them back round the negotiating table for a long term deal at the Ricoh.
What ideas have you got for getting Wasps and CCFC negotiating again?

Nick

Administrator
In my view a joint approach would be best served by a small group of respected supporters entering in dialogue with relevant parties (for me that applies whether it's a joint group or not) ... A few turning up for a game will serve no purpose at all. Having said that there could end up a conflict in views around what the actual issues are, particularly if anything gathers pace with BPA. The issues for one set of supporters could end up being different to the others.

How many times has that been done and what has it achieved?

What would get the most exposure to show for example people in Coventry aren't interested in Wasps, 4 city fans going to talk to their owner and being bullshitted to or a sellout at CRFC on the same day as a wasps game or something like that? The same as if CCFC got bigger attendances that Wasps it would send a message.

Going to have a meeting with Wasps or SISU would be the same, spin and bullshit.

martcov

How many times has that been done and what has it achieved?

What would get the most exposure to show for example people in Coventry aren't interested in Wasps, 4 city fans going to talk to their owner and being bullshitted to or a sellout at CRFC on the same day as a wasps game or something like that? The same as if CCFC got bigger attendances that Wasps it would send a message.

Going to have a meeting with Wasps or SISU would be the same, spin and bullshit.

Yes, we have the Trust, the supporters group and we had the new stadium group. Progress = nil. I think we have had more experience with protests and have seen what gets noticed and what goes under or becomes negative for our cause. We need numbers. To get that we have to propose something that is easy, even enjoyable and doesn't cost much.

NorthernWisdom

Yes, we have the Trust, the supporters group and we had the new stadium group. Progress = nil. I think we have had more experience with protests and have seen what gets noticed and what goes under or becomes negative for our cause. We need numbers. To get that we have to propose something that is easy, even enjoyable and doesn't cost much.

Yup at the end of the day the resolution will either come, or won't come. This is about showing that *we* actually exist and that *we* matter... something we haven't done consistently well for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread