Bradley collins (1 Viewer)

Hobo

What could he have done? He’s kicked the ball into the striker and it’s gone in. I don’t think he could’ve made a clever touch past him either.

It was a terrible back pass and it’s not exactly Thomas’ first time doing it - a v similar incident to Watford at home.

Collins never sells a player short with a pass does he? He wasn't switched on, hesitated and then didn't fancy the contact. It was poor. The last 4 or 5 games he has been poor.

Thomas had a great game bar that pass last night and it was due to tiredness.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If you couldnt see Thomas was fucked you must have been watching a completely different game. He was very good until last 20 ish well when Binks went off and you could see why he was shattered, Bobby is gonna go to the top and you can see why on his day he’s an absolute monster the good thing is we own him

Londonccfcfan

He was shaky all game. He spilled an easy catch/stop that went through his fingers earlier on in game.

Honestly I don't think I can remember his catching a ball all season.

Awful awful keeper. Yes he can make odd good save. But we can't afford mistakes like these game ofter game. Nevermind 2! Horrendous.

BTW I've said this numerous all times season.

Evo1883

Lads fell to pieces , gone to shit .

Not sure what's happened but my god we need a proper keeper

SBT

Really is about time we got a big proper commanding keeper. Haven’t had a good one since Westwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Westwood was great but we achieved absolutely nothing during his time here because the rest of the side was crap. The money needs to be focused outfield.

Evo1883

Westwood was great but we achieved absolutely nothing during his time here because the rest of the side was crap. The money needs to be focused outfield.

This isn't Tony Mowbrays coventry city .. I'm sure we can upgrade our goalkeeper

SBT

This isn't Tony Mowbrays coventry city .. I'm sure we can upgrade our goalkeeper
How about upgrading the outfield squad first?

We currently have as many backup goalkeepers as we do backup centre-halfs - and people are not only confused as to why we’re shipping goals, but they’re saying the answer is we need another keeper instead?

Evo1883

We currently have as many backup goalkeepers as we do backup centre-halfs - and people are not only confused as to why we’re shipping goals, but they’re saying the answer is we need another keeper instead?

Well I'm pretty sure we will upgrade in several areas too

Otis

We need a better keeper. Doesn't matter how many keepers you have if they are not good enough.

I think a new keeper should be one of the priorities.

rexo87

That’s because the rest of our side was shit. Now the rest of our side is not shit so a good goalkeeper would only help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Flip that argument on its head - our first XI is fairly strong in most areas, but we’d still be lacking a good keeper. It’s right towards the top of the priority list for me.

Hobo

Every good team ever built has had a strong spine. The keeper is a very important part of that spine. If you want to win things you need a good keeper.

SBT

Well I'm pretty sure we will upgrade in several areas too
I’m pretty sure we won’t upgrade in all of them. We will need to prioritise somewhere, and while no-one wants to admit it the morning after a horror show from the keeper, you will get more upside from every other position on the pitch.

Strong sides with middling keepers can still compete - we’ve seen plenty of City sides as examples of this. Middling teams with great keepers usually do fuck all.

Mucca Mad Boys

Collins never sells a player short with a pass does he? He wasn't switched on, hesitated and then didn't fancy the contact. It was poor. The last 4 or 5 games he has been poor.

Thomas had a great game bar that pass last night and it was due to tiredness.

Robins has come and said the goal was due to a misplaced back pass so we know where the blame lies internally.

Thomas having an otherwise good game doesn’t change that it was his fault. He was knackered and made the same mistake twice which lead to a goal.

It’s no good kicking off at Collins for the 3rd goal when it was his fault.

Reactions: SBT

Otis

Robins has come and said the goal was due to a misplaced back pass so we know where the blame lies internally.

Thomas having an otherwise good game doesn’t change that it was his fault. He was knackered and made the same mistake twice which lead to a goal.

It’s no good kicking off at Collins for the 3rd goal when it was his fault.
Oggy was very critical of Collins for the 3rd goal.

Put a lot of blame on his shoulders and he was a top goalkeeper for sure in his day wasn't he.

Mainly Thomas, but Collins was definitely culpable too there.

SBT

Every good team ever built has had a strong spine. The keeper is a very important part of that spine. If you want to win things you need a good keeper.
I’ve seen plenty of Cov sides win things without a good keeper

Mucca Mad Boys

Oggy was very critical of Collins for the 3rd goal.

Put a lot of blame on his shoulders and he was a top goalkeeper for sure in his day wasn't he.

Mainly Thomas, but Collins was definitely culpable too there.
What did Oggy say he would’ve done? In his day he could pick up back passes.

Otis

What did Oggy say he would’ve done? In his day he could pick up back passes.
I am trying to find the comment, but can't right now. It was on the BBC live match reporting thread.

He said it was weak goalkeeping I believe and he should have put more effort into getting the ball and clearing it

Wish I could find it, because I don't wish to misquote

He was definitely highly critical

Otis

I am trying to find the comment, but can't right now. It was on the BBC live match reporting thread.

He said it was weak goalkeeping I believe and he should have put more effort into getting the ball and clearing it

Wish I could find it, because I don't wish to misquote

He was definitely highly critical
Found it.

Screenshot_2024-04-25-09-24-05-84_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

SBT

Won the checkatrade and league two promotion with a crap keeper 2bh
We won L1 at a canter with a keeper who’s never made it out of the bottom half of the division ever since

We nearly won promotion to the Premier League with a journeyman who’s currently backup to the League’s Worst Goalkeeper (Brad Collins)

It’s only natural to want him out after last night’s game but I think we as fans are prone to wildly overestimating the impact that keepers have at this level

Otis

We won L1 at a canter with a keeper who’s never made it out of the bottom half of the division ever since

We nearly won promotion to the Premier League with a journeyman who’s currently backup to the League’s Worst Goalkeeper (Brad Collins)

It’s only natural to want him out after last night’s game but I think we as fans are prone to wildly overestimating the impact that keepers have at this level
Not just night though is it.

Users who are viewing this thread