Bradley collins (5 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

The lad I feel sorry for in all of this is Binks. Looked really assured whenever he's played, yet to justify permanent signings he's the first overlooked. I'd like us to sign him in the summer, but not sure he'd come now.

He looks far from assured from my point of view - gets dragged all over the pitch and then never seems willing to play the more direct balls into a forward that Kitching does. We look a much better side with Kitching in it.

shmmeee

Christ. Meltdown much?

We're actually better defensively this season (according to xg stats) than we were last while playing a much more expansive and attacking tactical system. People seem to forget that without those turgid few months of 5 at the back we would be comfortably top 6.

Just not felt we’ve loooed solid all season and not because of playing style but basic errors, positioning, and individual rushes of blood.

I think the better stats come from playing more attacking and less absorbing attacks. I’m just not impressed with Thomas, Kitching or Collins. All give me Wilson and Hyam type vibes.

skybluecam

Just not felt we’ve loooed solid all season and not because of playing style but basic errors, positioning, and individual rushes of blood.

I think the better stats come from playing more attacking and less absorbing attacks. I’m just not impressed with Thomas, Kitching or Collins. All give me Wilson and Hyam type vibes.
When you're playing more attacking you generally concede less chances, but the ones you do are better ones. Quick breaks etc. that are much harder to defend than if you sit in and have 8/9/10 men behind the ball.

Thomas and Kitching are also significantly better in possession than our previous centrebacks (looking at passing stats). Only Doyle from last season comes close.

fernandopartridge

I’d agree, Kitchin looks like Maguire and is as clumsy and stupid as him too. Plenty of mistakes and own goals in him and nowhere near a £5Mill player.

Thomas is a bit better on the ball but plenty of mistakes in him too. We all would have preferred to sign McNally and I think Robins would have too.

Keep Bidwell and MVE and offload dumb and dumber in the summer, let’s hope we can get who we actually want this time.

1713271044870.png

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
He looks far from assured from my point of view - gets dragged all over the pitch and then never seems willing to play the more direct balls into a forward that Kitching does. We look a much better side with Kitching in it.
SBT's law - 'The longer a player is out of the side, the better they get'...

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Kitching and Thomas are good young Centre halves, its clear to see they will both be top class and Im glad we own them both. If they didnt have a mistake in them they would be in the PL so lets be realistic here, they’re 24 and 22 respectively so still both young and learning the trade. Top 5 for least goals conceded is by no fluke, I really rate Thomas and think he’s gonna make it to the top potentially, kitching is good but doesnt have quite as high a ceiling.
And Bidwell how is there still nay sayers about his ability, especially going forward he bombs up quicker than MvE and Dasilva, he’s also got a better delivery and is far superior defensively.
MvE is a quality player, may have a slightly worse delivery than Bidwell and isnt on his level defensively but is by far and away one of the best RBs in the division rivalling KWP at Southampton on his day

Bosworth Blue

Kitching and Thomas are good young Centre halves, its clear to see they will both be top class and Im glad we own them both. If they didnt have a mistake in them they would be in the PL so lets be realistic here, they’re 24 and 22 respectively so still both young and learning the trade. Top 5 for least goals conceded is by no fluke, I really rate Thomas and think he’s gonna make it to the top potentially, kitching is good but doesnt have quite as high a ceiling.
And Bidwell how is there still nay sayers about his ability, especially going forward he bombs up quicker than MvE and Dasilva, he’s also got a better delivery and is far superior defensively.
MvE is a quality player, may have a slightly worse delivery than Bidwell and isnt on his level defensively but is by far and away one of the best RBs in the division rivalling KWP at Southampton on his day

Then why can’t we keep a clean sheet to save our life?

Martin180

Spot on .
All this over analysing and writing players off is pathetic.
As has been said we lack depth in the squad and that has been magnified lately with so many games .
A few additions in key areas - CB, Cm, cam , wing and CF and we will be fine next season

Bosworth Blue

Spot on .
All this over analysing and writing players off is pathetic.
As has been said we lack depth in the squad and that has been magnified lately with so many games .
A few additions in key areas - CB, Cm, cam , wing and CF and we will be fine next season

5 new players is half a team?

shmmeee

When you're playing more attacking you generally concede less chances, but the ones you do are better ones. Quick breaks etc. that are much harder to defend than if you sit in and have 8/9/10 men behind the ball.

Thomas and Kitching are also significantly better in possession than our previous centrebacks (looking at passing stats). Only Doyle from last season comes close.

Yeah on the ball they’re OK, though still room for improvement to be a top 4 side (which should be our aim next year). Just not been at all impressed defensively and they all have a crazy mistake in them. Not massively impressed in terms of grit either. Maybe we’ve been spoiled with Fadz running through walls for four years.

Completely agree with this.

They are our own players on long term contracts and likely only to get better and better especially as they are so young. I personally think they will be brilliant next year alongside a new CB for competition.

Not saying he is particularly realistic but it would be great to have someone like Jonny Evans in the squad to provide competition and mentor them having played at the top for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBAndy

I think part of it is they were all signed to play in a 5 and then we switched to a 4. Hopefully next season with more coaching it will be better. In a 4 I'm not convinced on McNally either, but Doyle was class and will go all the way imo.

Gah, Callum Doyle. Appreciate he’s been injured for part of the season but he’s not really played much for Leicester at all. Virtually zero chance we’d get him but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out the door at Man City in the summer.

rob9872

Gah, Callum Doyle. Appreciate he’s been injured for part of the season but he’s not really played much for Leicester at all. Virtually zero chance we’d get him but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out the door at Man City in the summer.
Pace is the only thing he could do with a bit more of imo. Strong, intelligent, good on the floor and in the air and reads the game very well for a young lad. Would love him on a perm, but think there'll be plenty of other suitors if he is released, but possibly a low prem team loan first before they make that decision I'd think.

Hobo

Then why can’t we keep a clean sheet to save our life?

For that you have to look at our defence and by that I mean widening your view beyond the back four and the goalkeeper. Sometimes it's as simple as giving possession away cheaply in the wrong areas.

Attacking principles can mean conceding goals.

I think there is a variety of reasons why we concede some of the goals we do.

A common theme is poor decision making on the ball. Also giving players too much space for players to deliver crosses is another.

Bosworth Blue

For that you have to look at our defence and by that I mean widening your view beyond the back four and the goalkeeper. Sometimes it's as simple as giving possession away cheaply in the wrong areas.

Attacking principles can mean conceding goals.

I think there is a variety of reasons why we concede some of the goals we do.

A common theme is poor decision making on the ball. Also giving players too much space for players to deliver crosses is another.

Yeah I blame Palmer too

Sky Blue Pete

🚨 "Being a good person is like being a goalkeeper. No matter how many goals you save, some people will only remember the one you missed."

🗣️ Pep Guardiola : "I would say the 'keeper is the most important player on the team, more than a striker, the 'keeper is fundamental."

🗣️ Ter Stegen: "People from outside don't know how difficult it is to be a Goalkeeper."

🗣️ Gianluigi Buffon : "In the end, you need to be a little masochistic to be a goalkeeper. A masochist and egocentric as well."

🗣️ Peter Shilton : "As a goalkeeper, you need to be good at organizing the people in front of you and motivate them. Just like a good manager in the business."

🗣️Brad Friedel : "For a goalkeeper, there is no hiding place."

🗣️ Eduardo Chillida : "The qualities of a good goalkeeper are exactly the same as a good sculptor. In both professions, one should have a good relationship with time and space."

🗣️ Steve Carell : "Goalies rarely get credit for winning a game, but they always get blamed for losing a game."

🗣️ Ian Rush : "It's best being a striker. If you miss five, then score the winner, you're a hero. The goalkeeper can play a blinder, later, let one in and he's a villain."

🗣️ Gary Speed : "Everybody makes mistakes, but when goalkeepers make them, it is costly. That's the nature of being a goalkeeper."

🗣️ Kevin Keegan : "You can't become a good goalkeeper without being mature."

Being a GK ain't easy as it looks! Happy International Goalkeepers Day! 👏🔥

SBAndy

New keeper please. Pretty please.

First goal an absolute howler. Third goal I have no idea why he’s not taking command of the situation and screaming at Thomas.

higgs

Played with a guy once who told us defenders when i call my ball you move put of my way because I will take man and ball to get that ball. That's what you need in a keeper

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread