Bradley collins (4 Viewers)

Cov kid 55

Anyone who thinks Collins didn’t balls up that third goal saw a different incident to me. Wasn’t great for the first either. Not convinced, unfortunately.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe if Collins had gone through full pelt he would have taken the player out. maybe he'd have smacked the ball against the player and it'd have gone in.

But the fact was he just let the guy take the ball off him by pulling out of the challenge entirely. And that frustrates me even more.

skybluecam

All three Barnsley lads need replacing IMO. Thomas will improve with time and can be third choice. Kitching and Collins can fuck off as far as I’m concerned. Absolute waste of £5m.
Thomas is premier league quality if he cuts out the mistakes.

Did someone shit in your coffee this morning?

shmmeee

Thomas is premier league quality if he cuts out the mistakes.

Did someone shit in your coffee this morning?

Haha I was a bit harsh. The mistakes are what worries me, and his distribution which doesn’t seem to be as good as he thinks.

He’ll get better especially if we can get a Fadz type who can organise the defence and calm him down a bit.

I like my defence to be calm and Kitching and Collins don’t seem calm to me, or seem far too calm. We need some experience in there and I would like someone more commanding in goal.

harvey098

Collins needs to be the first out the door in the summer. Absolute wet lettuce

(I thought I’d wait a couple of days to see if I’d calm down before posting. I didn’t).

SBAndy

Maybe if Collins had gone through full pelt he would have taken the player out. maybe he'd have smacked the ball against the player and it'd have gone in.

But the fact was he just let the guy take the ball off him by pulling out of the challenge entirely. And that frustrates me even more.

He can see what’s in front of him. You need the keeper to take control of the situation. He was on his heels.

Hertsccfc

I expect Thomas and Kitching to go on and become top players and wouldn't be surprised if they play in the Premier League. I think they will be more consistent next year. As for Collins he doesn't look Championship level to me. We need much better.

covboy9

Collins needs to be the first out the door in the summer. Absolute wet lettuce

(I thought I’d wait a couple of days to see if I’d calm down before posting. I didn’t).
I havnt calmed down either, protect your goal the golden rule of goalkeeping he doesn’t have that, thinks he’s a clever keeper he’s not, he clearly didn’t want to be on the pitch the other night he shudda told robins that, his actions and attitude are unforgivable imo

Thomas ran himself into the ground he was exhausted what he did was forgivable

kitching is badly out of form, in his first season in champ that’s forgivable

covboy9

Just toe punt it to the right, simple

ProfessorbyGrace

Anyone else suspect that Collins may, possibly, have mental health issues? Just a feeling I have, judging from his demeanour, his dourness, inconsistency, lack of focus, possible mental fatigue, body language…

Just waiting for the laughing emojis galore, but it is actually a serious question I’ve posed. Would be interested to hear a constructive rebuttal.

NortonSkyBlue

Anyone else suspect that Collins may, possibly, have mental health issues? Just a feeling I have, judging from his demeanour, his dourness, inconsistency, lack of focus, possible mental fatigue, body language…

Just waiting for the laughing emojis galore, but it is actually a serious question I’ve posed. Would be interested to hear a constructive rebuttal.
And we are well qualified to answer your question.

Otis

So hard to tell, as it is for anyone with mental health issues.

I haven't picked up on anything or heard anyone else mention it.

covboy9

Definitely

CCFCSteve

Somethings not been right since he was dropped, injured or rested. Just not looked the same player but probably just confidence

If Robins dropped him for Wilson then he’s got to shoulder some of the blame. There was no need at the time

biggymania

How is Collins different to any other player who makes mistakes in games? I think you're over-reaching and I'd say unless you know him or have heard him talk at length in a safe space, it's pretty unfair and damaging to be making those kinds of assertions.

I suppose I would say - if his mentality were an issue I doubt he would be the #1 choice. Especially in the keeper position. I hate to say crap like #InRobinsWeTrust but...

ProfessorbyGrace

And we are well qualified to answer your question.
It was out of general curiosity that I asked, as I myself have had an adulthood punctuated by mental health issues, stemming from having ADHD (diagnosed last year at 42), so it’s sometimes easier to spot people who are struggling. Not always, of course.

It’s just something about how he carries himself. And the nose dive in confidence, plus the inexplicable mistakes.

ProfessorbyGrace

How is Collins different to any other player who makes mistakes in games? I think you're over-reaching and I'd say unless you know him or have heard him talk at length in a safe space, it's pretty unfair and damaging to be making those kinds of assertions.

I suppose I would say - if his mentality were an issue I doubt he would be the #1 choice. Especially in the keeper position. I hate to say crap like #InRobinsWeTrust but...
I’m qualified to make such assertions, thank you. It was a general question, posed out of concern, as I myself have a neurodivergent disorder that has depression and anxiety as comorbidities.

You have clearly missed the crux of my post. My intention was to discuss constructively, and not to in any way imply that he does have mental health issues - the aim was to draw attention to the possibility of it, given the overt observations.

It’s the curse of an over analytical mind, I’m afraid.

Last edited:

ProfessorbyGrace

So it’s perfectly fine to speculate upon who’s shagging who’s missus in the changing room, and throw callous insults at a player for a performance, but to question someone’s mental health is inappropriate.

I’d rather awareness be optimised, in general, as someone who lives every day managing such issues.

EDIT: that came across more aggressive than intended, sorry. I did attempt to delete, however there’s a fecking ad banner in the way.

Last edited:

biggymania

So it’s perfectly fine to speculate upon who’s shagging who’s missus in the changing room, and throw callous insults at a player for a performance, but to question someone’s mental health is inappropriate.

I’d rather awareness be optimised, in general, as someone who lives every day managing such issues.

EDIT: that came across more aggressive than intended, sorry. I did attempt to delete, however there’s a fecking ad banner in the way.
I don't think it's fine to do either of those things, nor do I think it's fine to armchair-diagnose a player. Whether you are neuro-divergent or someone who has been diagnosed as having a mental health issue. I just don't think it's is helpful for the individual being discussed who (hopefully!) isn't reading these posts.

Once again - players making errors, having dips in form etc is extremely common, let's leave it to the coaches & the qualified club staff to get into the exact causes of that, please. Speculating from the sidelines I know is part of why this forum is here, but when it gets into individuals' mental health I think it's not a discussion that ends well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Goalkeeping is mostly done in the head. That said he has had a lot of issues arising from trying to pat or parry the ball away, almost to a fault. That goal this week I think he’s trying to push the ball away instead of grip it as one example.

ProfessorbyGrace

I don't think it's fine to do either of those things, nor do I think it's fine to armchair-diagnose a player. Whether you are neuro-divergent or someone who has been diagnosed as having a mental health issue. I just don't think it's is helpful for the individual being discussed who (hopefully!) isn't reading these posts.

Once again - players making errors, having dips in form etc is extremely common, let's leave it to the coaches & the qualified club staff to get into the exact causes of that, please. Speculating from the sidelines I know is part of why this forum is here, but when it gets into individuals' mental health I think it's not a discussion that ends well.
I understand your perspective, 100%.

My initial post was made out of a (probably) misguided concern for a player who, as I’ve observed this season, could very well have such issues.

Personally, I hope he doesn’t. This is where I’ll leave it, out of respect for the player.

skybluecam

You want a constructive rebuttal to your diagnosis of someone's mental state from the stands of a football stadium?

Have you ever even been within 100m of the man? Or held a conversation with him?

Jesus Christ

CovLad94

Collins is getting a bad rep, yes he was awful on Wednesday, and has had a couple of errors in the past, doesn't every keeper? I agree he's not top end quality but would be good competition or backup for a new no1 if Wilson wanted to leave.

ProfessorbyGrace

You want a constructive rebuttal to your diagnosis of someone's mental state from the stands of a football stadium?

Have you ever even been within 100m of the man? Or held a conversation with him?

Jesus Christ
Calm down lad, I’ve already apologised for the unintentional allusions drawn. No diagnosis was made.

As someone with a lifetime of experience, thanks, it was posted out of concern. At the time, the impropriety wasn’t clear to me (assessment for ASD pending, so forgive my lack of propriety).

What you perceive and what I perceive are very different.

Last edited:

skybluecam

Mate, every fucker would of been world class if it wasn't for the mistakes!
Not really though... compare Thomas to Fadz.

Fadz was a great defender, excellent in the tackle, dominant aerially and had good positioning and organisation skills BUT was never going to play at a higher level because he didn't have the technical ability to play out, step in to midfield and move us up the pitch.

You watch Thomas play, every time he receives the ball he's looking to go forward. He often steps into midfield areas allowing the entire team to advance. It's a completely different skillset.

napolimp

Calm down lad, I’ve already apologised for the unintentional allusions drawn. No diagnosis was made.

As someone with a lifetime of experience, thanks, it was posted out of concern. At the time, the impropriety wasn’t clear to me (assessment for ASD pending, so forgive my lack of propriety).

What you perceive and what I perceive are very different.

You obviously mean it from a good place, but I don't think it's possible to make such assertions without being close to a person. Hence that video that Norwich City released last year about mental health.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m qualified to make such assertions, thank you. It was a general question, posed out of concern, as I myself have a neurodivergent disorder that has depression and anxiety as comorbidities.

You have clearly missed the crux of my post. My intention was to discuss constructively, and not to in any way imply that he does have mental health issues - the aim was to draw attention to the possibility of it, given the overt observations.

It’s the curse of an over analytical mind, I’m afraid.

I don’t think you are qualified to diagnose anyone you don’t know and have never spoken to in person.

Too many armchair experts on here.

Evo1883

All due respect to Oggy, he played GK at a point where they didn’t play with their feet.

I was in block 31 so had a pretty good view of it and I genuinely don’t believe he could’ve hit it first time to the sides because their striker was on top of him.

The options in my mind were:
1) take the foul and red card
2) try a ballsy dribble move which could make you look a tit
3) take the back pass and allow an indirect free kick

I’m not too sure how option 3 would work, but the alternatives weren’t great.
I'd agree with this if he wasn't coaching still all the way upto about 5 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread