Bradley collins (2 Viewers)

JulianDarbyFTW

Never been sold on Collins. He's not the worst we've had since the heady days of Oggy and Hedman, but nowhere near the best either. Decent shot stopper, but plays like he's wearing oven gloves.

Torquay Sky Blue

Don't trust Collins at all and I don't think our back line do either (which is worrying)
We signed the relegated Barnsley defense (for some reason)and it hasn't really worked.
Good job we can score a few.

fernandopartridge

Birmingham's first and third goals scored from acute angles at near post, should have done better? Second goal through a crowd of players, but from behind the goal was he unsighted?

More concerning he just doesn't come and catch? Flaps, punches, parry's, takes everything second time around.

His kicking out of hand is hardly confidence inspiring?

He is in the same bracket as Moore and Wilson. Ok when confidence is high. Quality keeper No!
He's far better than Wilson.

shmmeee

Sounds like a good strategy to rip up the defence every season. Sure to get us promoted.

Not saying I’d buy a whole new back line, but there’s none of them Bar MvE I’d be bothered if we replaced. I think the Barnsley boys are very very raw and having all three at once has lead to an error prone defence. Last few weeks we’ve looked shocking defensively with teams cutting through us with ease. I worry Sunday will be a bloodbath against PL pace and movement.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not saying I’d buy a whole new back line, but there’s none of them Bar MvE I’d be bothered if we replaced. I think the Barnsley boys are very very raw and having all three at once has lead to an error prone defence. Last few weeks we’ve looked shocking defensively with teams cutting through us with ease. I worry Sunday will be a bloodbath against PL pace and movement.

As well, we've given up a lot space in midfield too - defending is a real team effort.

Some experience added to this team would be beneficial. Not McFadz experience, a player in their prime who improves us who has good leadership qualities.

rob9872

He's far better than Wilson.
If Wilson had made the mistakes Collins has in the past few games, the noise would be a lot more. One won the golden glove and was nearly part of a promotion winning side the other made a number of mistakes and seems to get a free pass. Not rating Wilson is your choice, but to suggest someone who hasn't previously been at the level and has been less than convincing is "far better ' is one your entitled to, but an opinion only

False9

I think Thomas has been excellent at times but is also worth a clanger.

Kitching isn't good enough for a promotion chasing team from what I've seen and Collins likewise.

PVA

He isn’t better going forward than Bidwell as I told you before we signed him and when we signed him.

Godwin's law is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.”

Godwin's law is an Internet adage asserting: "As an SBT discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Jay Dasilva or Kasey Palmer approaches 1.”

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I’d replace any of the back line bar MvE to be honest.

I’d agree, Kitchin looks like Maguire and is as clumsy and stupid as him too. Plenty of mistakes and own goals in him and nowhere near a £5Mill player.

Thomas is a bit better on the ball but plenty of mistakes in him too. We all would have preferred to sign McNally and I think Robins would have too.

Keep Bidwell and MVE and offload dumb and dumber in the summer, let’s hope we can get who we actually want this time.

PVA

If Wilson had made the mistakes Collins has in the past few games, the noise would be a lot more. One won the golden glove and was nearly part of a promotion winning side the other made a number of mistakes and seems to get a free pass. Not rating Wilson is your choice, but to suggest someone who hasn't previously been at the level and has been less than convincing is "far better ' is one your entitled to, but an opinion only

Yep, I can only imagine the outrage on here if Wilson had done that pathetic attempted punch against Saints. It would be apoplectic.

Bosworth Blue

Godwin's law is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.”

Godwin's law is an Internet adage asserting: "As an SBT discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Jay Dasilva or Kasey Palmer approaches 1.”

What do the stats tell us about Palmer?

rob9872

The lad I feel sorry for in all of this is Binks. Looked really assured whenever he's played, yet to justify permanent signings he's the first overlooked. I'd like us to sign him in the summer, but not sure he'd come now.

rob9872

I’d agree, Kitchin looks like Maguire and is as clumsy and stupid as him too. Plenty of mistakes and own goals in him and nowhere near a £5Mill player.

Thomas is a bit better on the ball but plenty of mistakes in him too. We all would have preferred to sign McNally and I think Robins would have too.

Keep Bidwell and MVE and offload dumb and dumber in the summer, let’s hope we can get who we actually want this time.
I think part of it is they were all signed to play in a 5 and then we switched to a 4. Hopefully next season with more coaching it will be better. In a 4 I'm not convinced on McNally either, but Doyle was class and will go all the way imo.

skybluecam

Seems to have regressed a little bit recently.

The xG stat that he was top in now has him 7th in the league - so still pretty good to be fair - but the figure is actually worse than Wilson's last season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new number 1 next season.
We have conceded 3 own goals recently which I'm pretty sure don't contribute to cumulative xg/psxg but do count against a keeper so I imagine that has brought his stats down a bit.

skybluecam

I’d replace any of the back line bar MvE to be honest.
Christ. Meltdown much?

We're actually better defensively this season (according to xg stats) than we were last while playing a much more expansive and attacking tactical system. People seem to forget that without those turgid few months of 5 at the back we would be comfortably top 6.

TomRad85

Argue about whether we need an upgrade on Collins all you want but Wilson is fucking shite. When he came back in the team we'd have been better off hanging some wet toilet paper from the bar.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

The lad I feel sorry for in all of this is Binks. Looked really assured whenever he's played, yet to justify permanent signings he's the first overlooked. I'd like us to sign him in the summer, but not sure he'd come now.
I agree Binks should have had some games recently

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

They’re likely to want 2-3million Euro for him. They’ve got a decent chance of being in the CL next season, I doubt he’s got much of a future there.

Users who are viewing this thread