Bradley collins (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Sounds like he wasn't overly enthused by Collins' recent performances.

sounds like it, its a position you can't just use the giving them a rest line so seems like he's gone with this rather than publicly criticise Collins.

SkyBlueMatt

Sounds like he wasn't overly enthused by Collins' recent performances.

sounds like it, its a position you can't just use the giving them a rest line so seems like he's gone with this rather than publicly criticise Collins.

I really don't mind that. It keeps the competition between them both and pushes them both to be better. The same thing happened with Wilson and Moore.

I don't think Robins wants to or needs to criticise Collins, he might of switched them up because he thinks Collins may have been playing within himself. Wilson is still a good keeper and Collins needs to be at his best to keep him out.

PVA

Seems like more of a challenge to Collins then really. I don’t think he’s been at fault for any goals recently but his distribution has dipped slightly.

His poor kick led to the first goal at Plymouth. There was still plenty of time between the kick and the goal to prevent it, so it's not directly his fault by any means, but it was a really daft kick.

steve101

Shame Moore's confidence was shot after a few poor games. When he started with us, his form was excellent and for me showed he is a better all round keeper than both Wilson and Collins. Both the latter two do not look confident coming for crosses. I feel a little more confident with Collins than Wilson in that regard but Collins' handling has been consistently dodgy.

alfielloyd

In my opinion I think Moore and Wilson will leave so signing two keepers in the summer is a certainty they could even be lined up and I’m sure at least one will be first choice.
Hope you are right although before Moore had his meltdown I thought he was a proper keeper.

TomRad85

Every time you see any kind of graph or comparison chart it just makes what Robins did seem like he was having a stroke or something. It was completely pointless and it cost us in my opinion.
Wilson is absolute fucking toilet but aside from that, Collins deserves some respect to his name. Constantly underrated by parts of the fanbase including on here.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Every time you see any kind of graph or comparison chart it just makes what Robins did seem like he was having a stroke or something. It was completely pointless and it cost us in my opinion.
Wilson is absolute fucking toilet but aside from that, Collins deserves some respect to his name. Constantly underrated by parts of the fanbase including on here.

I don’t like parts of his game. But you can’t argue with his shot stopping ability or when it’s working for him his passing.

Sick Boy

I’m pretty sure Robins said he’d been out the side due to illness.

Hobo

Shame Moore's confidence was shot after a few poor games. When he started with us, his form was excellent and for me showed he is a better all round keeper than both Wilson and Collins. Both the latter two do not look confident coming for crosses. I feel a little more confident with Collins than Wilson in that regard but Collins' handling has been consistently dodgy.

Yes I think Collins has got away with a few things. I don't think he commands the six yard box anymore than Wilson?

I am reserving judgement until I see Collins make a clanger and see how he responds?

At the moment I agree with the stance Wilson and Collins have some obvious flaws and some strengths. But I don't think there is much between the two of them.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Collins is quite unconventional which worries some people. As you say, he’s underrated and I can only think of 1-2 examples where he’s been at fault for a goal this season.

No need for Wilson to start the last few imo.

TomRad85

Yes I think Collings has got away with a few things. I don't think he commands the six yard box anymore than Wilson?

I am reserving judgement until I see Collings make a clanger and see how he responds?

At the moment I agree with the stance Wilson and Collings have some obvious flaws and some strengths. But I don't think there is much between the two of them.
Oh dear...

Otis

Christ

Stats wise putting Wilson in for Collins costs us a goal every other game. Hope Collins is in for the foreseeable.
He will be, unless he gets that same thing again, that of being ill, getting a high fever, suffering from acute delirium which then causes him to have a blazing row with the manager (backed by Kitching ) as to why he's been dropped, even though he's bed bound in intensive care and close to death's door.

I bet he even kept his gloves on for his bed baths.

TomRad85

Can we please just trust that Robins knows better than us?
On this? No not really, even the best managers do weird shit sometimes. Forums like this exist for us to moan about it.

shmmeee

On this? No not really, even the best managers do weird shit sometimes. Forums like this exist for us to moan about it.

It’s how it starts tho. And before you know it it’s Jacketts and Taxis and Robins hates everyone and is about to leave but first fucking the team up.

If a player is dropped it’s probably illness or form related. Every time we say a player should come in when they eventually do they prove Robins right pretty much. I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. And he’s honest enough to admit when he gets it wrong.

wingy

And it would be unatural after a five niller at home. War!!!!

Hobo

Collins is quite unconventional which worries some people. As you say, he’s underrated and I can only think of 1-2 examples where he’s been at fault for a goal this season.

No need for Wilson to start the last few imo.

I agree Collins hasn't really been responsible for any of the goals he has conceded so far. But at the same time I see certain fans find Wilson culpable in some shape or form for every goal he concedes.

There were a couple of punches and a missed punch last night, that Collins got lucky with. Plus a parry down to his feet that he caught once it bounced back up, a Rotherham striker wasn't sharp enough to take advantage of it, unlike Simms at the other end.

Last edited:

TomRad85

It’s how it starts tho. And before you know it it’s Jacketts and Taxis and Robins hates everyone and is about to leave but first fucking the team up.

If a player is dropped it’s probably illness or form related. Every time we say a player should come in when they eventually do they prove Robins right pretty much. I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. And he’s honest enough to admit when he gets it wrong.
Oh some of the stuff is definitely unwarranted. Football fans though, what you gonna do...
The keeper thing is my hill to die on though, I don't think it's a position to needlessly fuck around with, especially when the number 2 is about as useful as hanging some wet toilet roll from the crossbar.

Brighton Sky Blue

For quite a big team we’re pretty useless in the air in both boxes. 5’11 Lats has scored the most from corners I think.
It’s just that same pattern again and again. We bring everyone back, clear the ball back to the opposition who whip it back in and we can’t defend it.

Allowing the opposition to cram the box while denying us an out ball is madness

wingy

I agree Collings hasn't really been responsible for any of the goals he has conceded so far. But at the same time I see certain fans find Wilson culpable in some shape or form for every goal he concedes.

There were a couple of punches and a missed punch last night, that Collings got lucky with. Plus a parry down to his feet that he caught once it bounced back up, a Rotherham striker wasn't sharp enough to take advantage of it, unlike Simms at the other end.
That one that went out, thought it should been a corner, think my eyes are going.!

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree Collings hasn't really been responsible for any of the goals he has conceded so far. But at the same time I see certain fans find Wilson culpable in some shape or form for every goal he concedes.

There were a couple of punches and a missed punch last night, that Collings got lucky with. Plus a parry down to his feet that he caught once it bounced back up, a Rotherham striker wasn't sharp enough to take advantage of it, unlike Simms at the other end.

If the moment where he parried it is the same one I’m thinking of, it was nowhere near one of their players. Second half, right?

He’s a good goalkeeper at Championship standard, finished 5th with Barnsley a few seasons ago.

As for Wilson, the saves to xG speaks for itself and that probably doesn’t include 3 FA Cup goals that were soft.

Speedies_Chips

Yes I think Collings has got away with a few things. I don't think he commands the six yard box anymore than Wilson?

I am reserving judgement until I see Collings make a clanger and see how he responds?

At the moment I agree with the stance Wilson and Collings have some obvious flaws and some strengths. But I don't think there is much between the two of them.
2 changers there. Your spelling of Collins and your comparison of his ability with Wilson’s.

napolimp

I agree Collins hasn't really been responsible for any of the goals he has conceded so far. But at the same time I see certain fans find Wilson culpable in some shape or form for every goal he concedes.

There were a couple of punches and a missed punch last night, that Collins got lucky with. Plus a parry down to his feet that he caught once it bounced back up, a Rotherham striker wasn't sharp enough to take advantage of it, unlike Simms at the other end.

Why do you keep calling him Collings? Have I missed a joke?

Users who are viewing this thread