Bradford Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

The fight and battle lacked all over the pitch , is my point Nick

Nick

Administrator
Nah not really , Murphy's form dipped along with the teams , difference is he was made the scapegoat .
I spoke to him at Wigan down the front and he has clearly let the boo boys get to him .
I.don't agree with the boos.

You can't deny theres no fight in him, no tracking back, arms in the air if he loses it.

Evo1883

I.don't agree with the boos.

You can't deny theres no fight in him, no tracking back, arms in the air if he loses it.

It was happening all over the pitch , even lameiras has shown more will and determination lately .

Evo1883

Still think Mowbray should have used Murphy more as a striker through the middle . Especially over fortune during mowbrays fascination with playing him spell

Gazolba

<snip>
Left it all too late, if we have another couple points would have perhaps said yes, which makes the draws against Oldham and swindon all the more annoying earlier in the season. While just one more win in the last 10 weeks and we could all have been saying yes.

And what about all those penalties we missed? If we had stuck a few more of them away, we could have had 3 or 4 more points now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think it's fair to say that about a lad who has scored 10 and assisted 8 .
Not all players are moulded the same way , I rate Murphy and would gladly see him back here next season

But 90% of those came in about 3 games this season. He's been absolutely awful in all the rest.

Mowbray kept picking him and he continually let us down. It was like we had 10 men on the pitch all the time. He's a huge reason why we won't make the playoffs.

clint van damme

Having Jim O'Brien on the bench and not using him,
JOB was as much to blame for the slump as anyone else:
H Doncaster 2-2 draw played 90 mins
A Sheff utd 0-1 defeat played 61 mins
H Oldham 1-1 draw played 90 mins
H Port vale 1-0 win came on after 71 mins
A Chesterfield 1-1 draw played 90 mins
A Crewe 5 - 0 win came on after 80 mins
H Walsall 1-1 draw played 83 mins
H Burton 2-0 defeat unused sub
A Southend 0-3 defeat played 90 mins
H Scunthorpe 1-2 defeat came on after 45 mins
A Port vale 1-1 draw came on after 80 mins
H Bury 6-0 win unused sub

Grendel

But 90% of those came in about 3 games this season. He's been absolutely awful in all the rest.

Mowbray kept picking him and he continually let us down. It was like we had 10 men on the pitch all the time. He's a huge reason why we won't make the playoffs.

Who will have the better career in football - Murphy? Lameries? Rose?

Evo1883

Rubbish

Evo1883

I'm not going to argue about Murphy , reality is he has contributed a lot this season .
I think you lot should think about some of the actual dross we have had on loan here over the last few years , Jacob Murphy has had (in my opinion ) a pretty succesful spell here

Grendel

He's a moron. Without Murphy we'd be in the relegation zone - he would rather have a player with one goal and two assists all season playing.

Grendel

Who wouldnt you boo whilsy playing for us....messi, ronaldo neymar??

Murphy obviously you idiot. So do you agree with earlsdon sky blues opinion on Murphy who lambasts him every game? Yes or no?

Evo1883

Well to be honest I have just had a fan tell me that Jacob Murphy somehow contributed to 18 goals in just 3 games , he has contributed to almost a third of our goals and managed to do it whilst being awful for 90% of the season , our fans crack me up.
Also despite defensive clangers , keeper clangers , lots of injuries , penalty misses , tactical mistakes , poor decision making throughout the team at times this season .
Jacob Murphy is a huge reason why we won't make the playoffs hahaha

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Well to be honest I have just had a fan tell me that Jacob Murphy somehow contributed to 18 goals in just 3 games , he has contributed to almost a third of our goals and managed to do it whilst being awful for 90% of the season , our fans crack me up

Give me 5 games that Murphy has played well in this season. You might just about scrape it. Give me 10 and you're lying.

If you watch any of the games you will see apathetic, weak, greedy, lazy. Pretty much every attribute you don't want from a winner.

He has been awful for 90% of the time. We might as well have had 10 players on the pitch, and you don't win promotion like that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Jacob Murphy is talented but inconsistent player but I expect Jodi Jones to be the same. If we had the chance to take Murphy again next year I would snap Norwichs hand off and certainly before taking back Maddison

Evo1883

Give me 5 games that Murphy has played well in this season. You might just about scrape it. Give me 10 and you're lying.

If you watch any of the games you will see apathetic, weak, greedy, lazy. Pretty much every attribute you don't want from a winner.

He has been awful for 90% of the time. We might as well have had 10 players on the pitch, and you don't win promotion like that.

Hahaha , I'm sorry you crack me up .
I have missed 2 games this whole season home and away .
My personal opinion is the lad has had a good season here, he went through a bad spell , but so did the WHOLE team .
I will not sit here and destroy a lad who has come here from another team and contributed to almost 1/3rd of our league goals this season .
I rate him , your opinion won't change that , and this discussion will eventually prove pointless as neither of our opinions will change .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not going to argue about Murphy , reality is he has contributed a lot this season .
I think you lot should think about some of the actual dross we have had on loan here over the last few years , Jacob Murphy has had (in my opinion ) a pretty succesful spell here

I'm not comparing him to other loans from yesteryear, and I don't know why you are either? In comparison the the squad we have this year, any good work he has done he has undone by himself.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hahaha , I'm sorry you crack me up .
I have missed 2 games this whole season home and away .
My personal opinion is the lad has had a good season here, he went through a bad spell , but so did the WHOLE team .
I will not sit here and destroy a lad who has come here from another team and contributed to almost 1/3rd of our league goals this season .
I rate him , your opinion won't change that , and this discussion will eventually prove pointless as neither of our opinions will change .

I don't understand what's making you laugh so much. If you're not prepared to get into a debate, but continue to give your opinion, then surely you can respect another?

He's contributed goal wise, but it's all so densely condensed. A few flashes of thunder, but an alarmingly majority piss poor efforts at 'perfomrances'.

His lack of effort and willingness to do his bit as a team player has massively contributed to our downfall, and part of that is Mowbrays fault for continuing to play him.

The fans got on his back, so surely you can see that something was wrong? It's not just a scape goat.

The whole team did go through a bad spell, but at least the other players were still trying.

Evo1883

Either way , good win tonight against a gritty side .
I'm off , see you at donny PUSB

In response to earsldon , I'm not happy to get into this debate , why would I be , you are blaming our downfall largely on one player , which is unfair and untrue .

Fact is I rate him you don't , it's as simple as that .

Have a good one

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy has ability but unless he develops mentally he will struggle to be better than league 1 standard, at the moment he wouldn't last long in the championship.

I don't really buy the well everyone has been poor since then excuse either

Evo1883

Murphy has ability but unless he develops mentally he will struggle to be better than league 1 standard, at the moment he wouldn't last long in the championship.

I don't really buy the well everyone has been poor since then excuse either

its not an excuse , it's a fact that the team as a whole has underperformed .
That was my point , that his bad form coincided

thewards5579

its not an excuse , it's a fact that the team as a whole has underperformed .
That was my point , that his bad form coincided
Evo totaly agree with uou....nostril fans say Arma doesn't geyser support when murphy is on and loses the ball and waves his arms its because of he may a striker too......and wants to be played up front with Atma

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

thewards5579

Evo totaly agree with uou....nostril fans say Arma doesn't geyser support when murphy is on and loses the ball and waves his arms its because of he may a striker too......and wants to be played up front with Atma

Edit....most.....not nostil

Users who are viewing this thread