Bradford Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

resulting to name calling so soon, you really are having a bad night aren't you

Didn't answer - big surprise.

lifeskyblue

Talked to a few Bradford fans on way back to car last night. They thought we were poor compared to when we were up at their place....no speed, no incisive football and a lack of technique. I told them that was much better than most games since Xmas.
They are worried re their scoring record...if they don't win 1-0 they don't win. Can't see them promoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smileycov

Facebook User
It is almost certainly too late.

We can get to 72 points (have to win all 3 games).

For Gillingham, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat, would give them 73 points. Wouldn't be able to catch them.

For Barnsley, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat, would give them 73 points. Wouldn't be able to catch them.

We can catch Rochdale and/or Sheff Utd and Scunthorpe, but the 6th and 7th teams are going to be so much harder.

We've left ourselves just too much to do. We have improved our slim chances greatly though after these 2 wins, but we really could have done without Barnsley winning tonight to be brutally honest.

But look at the games they have left, Gills have shrewsbury, but then wigan away and millwall at home. A very strong chance of only 3 points there. Barnsley have sheff utd colchester then wigan away!!! yes winning 3 is very tough for us, but i truly believe it is possible.

tom88

But look at the games they have left, Gills have shrewsbury, but then wigan away and millwall at home. A very strong chance of only 3 points there. Barnsley have sheff utd colchester then wigan away!!! yes winning 3 is very tough for us, but i truly believe it is possible.

I agree, Its could go down to the final day and to be honest Im not expecting a top 6 finish. We don't deserve to after Christmas really.

If results go for us and we win the next 3 games we should be in with a shout, especially with having a very good goal difference which could be the deciding factor.

However, for a bit of fun on Monday I put £2.00 on us to get promoted at 250/1.

smileycov

Facebook User
it is going to be hard, and we do have to relie on others dropping points. But they have very tough games, I just get disappointed when everyone completely writes us off. There is a chance therefore there is hope!!

Nick

Administrator
name 5 good games rose has had?

even yesterday besides his goal he hardly did anything which is what you lament murphy for.

He won a few good headers in our box to take the pressure off. He tracked back every time when they tried to counter attack.

He makes runs in behind the strikers which none of our other players seem to do, if he is playing he will get a few goals doing that.

covcity4life

He won a few good headers in our box to take the pressure off. He tracked back every time when they tried to counter attack.

He makes runs in behind the strikers which none of our other players seem to do, if he is playing he will get a few goals doing that.

i am not saying rose was poor, hes gets a 7 from me just for that goal. he huffed and puffed well besides that alot like bigi. we needed the work rate to hold on

just playing devils advocate with earlsdon

covcity4life

nick i know you are following me around on every single thread looking to argue but dont make it so obvious

i am simply saying its no easier to name 5 good rose games than it is murphy. to make out like murphy is shit is ridiculous. i am not saying anything bad about rose because i like him

and we have won 2 without murphy so yeah mowbray making right decision at mo. dont mean murphy wont help us win a game before his loan finishes though.

Nick

Administrator
nick i know you are following me around on every single thread looking to argue but dont make it so obvious

i am simply saying its no easier to name 5 good rose games than it is murphy. to make out like murphy is shit is ridiculous. i am not saying anything bad about rose because i like him

and we have won 2 without murphy so yeah mowbray making right decision at mo. dont mean murphy wont help us win a game before his loan finishes though.

Following you around? I am posting on new threads.

I have never said Murphy is shit, or he won't help. I have pointed out his lack of fight to want to win.

Rose has played a lot less than Murphy hasn't he?

covcity4life

i was talking to earlsdonsky blue though quite clearly, hes the one with a problem with murphy

rose has played alot less yes, so odd to say hes alot better than murphy. my only point. do you disagree with this? or do you think rose is far and away better than murphy?

SkyBlueSid

We're bound to win tonight as we are going. We bought a 6-game package for this season and every one of them so far has been a home win, including Wigan, Gillingham and Bury. Or could it just be a coincidence?

This is what I told you all yesterday so it's all down to me! Five games into a 6-game package and that's five wins, 14 goals scored and none conceded.

We are there for Sheffield United. No need to thank me.......

SkyBlue_Bear83

its not an excuse , it's a fact that the team as a whole has underperformed .
That was my point , that his bad form coincided
Tbh I'm not thy bothered if a player goes through a bad spell as such, Armstrong is going through a bad spell yet I'm still satisfied with him in the team.

When Murphy has a bad game, what can happen is his head drops, he sulks and look uninterested. Which in turn makes his performance even worse and makes what could have been a 5/6 out of 10 performance into a 3 or 4 out of 10

wingy

This is what I told you all yesterday so it's all down to me! Five games into a 6-game package and that's five wins, 14 goals scored and none conceded.

We are there for Sheffield United. No need to thank me.......
FFS Sid just think if you'd got the 12 match or ST. :facepalm:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

name 5 good games rose has had?

even yesterday besides his goal he hardly did anything which is what you lament murphy for.

Has Rose even played 5 games?

My question was about Murphy, which so far all of his lovers have been unable to answer.

Give me a list of his good games. Let me guess, you can't?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

i was talking to earlsdonsky blue though quite clearly, hes the one with a problem with murphy

rose has played alot less yes, so odd to say hes alot better than murphy. my only point. do you disagree with this? or do you think rose is far and away better than murphy?

I've not once said Rose is better than Murphy myself personally, don't know about anyone else. Murphy has a lot of ability, but he doesn't use it. Look at the Gillingham game at home. How can you do that, and not even get close to it for 30 something games? That's why I don't think he has a good future as a footballer and also why he has been a big problem in our team. He doesn't try hard enough, he doesn't have the desire to fight or win. Those are the attributes that get you promotion.

Mowbray has to take some whack for this too. He drops players when they play well, but continually kept him in the team when he was letting us down so badly week after week. Not saying the other players were saints, but he was the biggest culprit by a long stretch. It was like playing with 10 men a lot of the time, with the one or two minute sparkles in each half if we were lucky.

He's been dropped and we've won two on the bounce. It's not the only reason of course, but is definitely a contributing factor IMO.

Grendel

My question was about Murphy, which so far all of his lovers have been unable to answer.

We'd be many goals and assists short there is no need. Lameries has made 2 assists and 1 goal in 25 games. Wow.

Murphy is a good player who has positively influenced many games. What you mean by a good game is dripping with sweat, having a terse expression on his face and is covered in mud. He's has few of those.

He's been one if our best players over the season though and will be a huge void to fill

Evo1883

Earlsdon mentioned that because fans booed Murphy they must have a point .
Well a few booed last night when the subs were made ....ahem

Evo1883

Give me a list of 10 games John fleck has played well in , it's more of a piss take this because it's very hard to think isn't it ?
Not because John fleck hasn't played well in 10 games I'm sure he has , but to think back over a season is hard for any player unless they score goals.
Murphy has played 38 games , if you don't think he has played well in more than half then you are an idiot , he has contributed towards (again) 18 goals .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Give me a list of 10 games John fleck has played well in , it's more of a piss take this because it's very hard to think isn't it ?
Not because John fleck hasn't played well in 10 games I'm sure he has , but to think back over a season is hard for any player unless they score goals.
Murphy has played 38 games , if you don't think he has played well in more than half then you are an idiot , he has contributed towards (again) 18 goals .

Again, this has nothing to do with other players, Rose, Fleck, or Sky Blue Sam.

Murphy has played well in more than half of his games? I'm just surprised you can say that and then have the nerve to call me an idiot.

I suggest you go through the fixtures and the games Murphy played in and try to find those 19 games (minimum) he supposedly played well in. You won't even get close.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Earlsdon mentioned that because fans booed Murphy they must have a point .
Well a few booed last night when the subs were made ....ahem

Mowbray kept playing him despite him being awful, and not making a substantial effort. The fans therefore did make their views felt. I'm sure you'll be surprised to know I didn't boo, but a hell of a lot of fans did. They didn't boo him because he'd been playing well...

Users who are viewing this thread