Bradford Game on at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It is a nice gesture that entry fees will go to charity but will the profits from the bar etc? It is a good idea but would still much rather it happened at a struggling pub or function room rather than the Ricoh.

ashbyjan

Join Fellow Sky Blue Fans and watch Cov v Bradford at Ricoh

JOIN FELLOW SKY BLUE FANS AT RICOH TO WATCH COV V BRADFORD

The Sky Blue Trust invites all fellow Sky Blue fans to the Ricoh Arena on the afternoon of Sunday 17th November to watch the Sky coverage of away match v Bradford – 3.30pm kick off. Its a great opportunity to join up together with other City supporters, create a united and noisy atmosphere while watching our team in Coventry on big screens in one of the superb lounges inside the Ricoh – numbers will dictate exactly which room we use. The cost of entry for this exciting event is only £1.00 for Adults (£0.50 for Trust members), free for Under 16’s and Senior Citizens – all proceeds will be split between Zoes Hospice and Teenage Cancer Trust (in memory of Ross Emslie). Numbers are limited to a maximum of 1000 so to ensure you can join with other City fans and raise money for a couple of great causes simply email your ticket requirements to [email protected] stating number of Adult, Trust Member, Junior or OAP tickets required. We will then send you an invoice from Paypal, this can be paid via your Paypal account or by Credit/Debit card (if you don’t have a Paypal account). Once payment received your name will go on list – due to short time available we will not be sending out tickets. Please print out and bring your Paypal receipt with you on the day. Car parking will be free of charge. Bars will be open. Atmosphere will be great. Doors open 1.30pm

This should be a superb fun event, all together supporting our team in Coventry. We are planning to have some live music from some of the artists who have contributed to the brilliant Sent From Coventry Too album – check it out at sentfromcoventrytoo.bandcamp.com Its not only raising money for good causes its highlighting some of the really talented musicians we have in our local area.

Don’t delay as numbers for the event are limited – send your ticket requirements to [email protected] and Lets All Sing Together

For City fans planning to go to Bradford there are still a few places left on the Trust coach – call Gary Stubbs on 07545 346978 or e-mail [email protected]

ashbyjan

Nick - according to some Ricoh is struggling and on point of collapse so this initiative should be in line with your complaint ;)

A

alphapappa

Hardly the "big" screen that was expected! The plan was implying using the massive screen pitchside not just a big telly! yet another fiasco!

Nick

Administrator
Nick - according to some Ricoh is struggling and on point of collapse so this initiative should be in line with your complaint ;)
According to then they are better off so why not have it somewhere that could do with a boost after we moved away?

Will the bar be charging normal pub prices too? Especially when places like the bull and anchor won't be charging entry and have special deals when games are on!

SonOfSnoz

It is a nice gesture that entry fees will go to charity but will the profits from the bar etc? It is a good idea but would still much rather it happened at a struggling pub or function room rather than the Ricoh.

NOPM for Sisu but Acl get away with it?
Partners in crime!
NOPM to ACL too!
Watch it at pubs owned by fans not for the benefit of the other half of the evil!

ohitsaidwalker king power

I'll watch it at Home I suspect- for I subscribe to the evil Murdoch empire thus run the risk of being accused of supporting SISU as in Mr Linells tenuous attempts to create a link?

Last edited:

rodders

Totally agree do not support acl operation I would be prepared to support the charities involved but not give any help to acl we want football on the pitch not the tv go to a local public instead

bringbackrattles

Get down to the Wheatsheaf to watch the City on the telly.
A proper boozer on the Foleshill Road for any fan who hasn't been in there.

Steve.B50

We cannot win can we?
What ever we do its will never be right for everyone, me personally I am going to the game, everyone has a choice.
Tried to put an event to get fans together at short notice. Where else could be used at short notice and aimed at 1000 fans?
Children friendly, even able to look out at pitch and imagine watching our team playing the way they are doing so on that playing area.

No one has to go its an option as requested by some of our members.

Hobo

The real place to be is Bradford.

But if not, wouldn't it be nice to have a good crowd at the Ricoh.

A chance for fans to meet up again?

Show SISU and ACL, this is what they are missing. Charity makes some money.

As for people quibbling about bar prices, are you going for football or beer? You can drink before and after the game in other establishments.

Whether in Bradford or Coventry just be a Sky Blues fan for the day!

Nick

Administrator
The real place to be is Bradford.

But if not, wouldn't it be nice to have a good crowd at the Ricoh.

A chance for fans to meet up again?

Show SISU and ACL, this is what they are missing. Charity makes some money.

As for people quibbling about bar prices, are you going for football or beer? You can drink before and after the game in other establishments.

Whether in Bradford or Coventry just be a Sky Blues fan for the day!

It isn't showing ACL anything as it is there....

Nick

Administrator
We cannot win can we?
What ever we do its will never be right for everyone, me personally I am going to the game, everyone has a choice.
Tried to put an event to get fans together at short notice. Where else could be used at short notice and aimed at 1000 fans?
Children friendly, even able to look out at pitch and imagine watching our team playing the way they are doing so on that playing area.

No one has to go its an option as requested by some of our members.

Steve, was it specifically requested as the Ricoh by these members? I think a fair few places would have jumped at the chance to have a load of fans turn up and hand over their money to watch the football there.

Maybe not room for 1,000 but still a good couple of hundred.

Johnnythespider

Remember watching the FA cup tie against villa in the east stand concourse at HR once. Atmosphere was great and when moldy scored the place exploded, I'll be at the Ricoh for this, some of the petty point scoring replies to the op are frankly childlike.

Nonleagueherewecome

Steve, was it specifically requested as the Ricoh by these members? I think a fair few places would have jumped at the chance to have a load of fans turn up and hand over their money to watch the football there.

Maybe not room for 1,000 but still a good couple of hundred.

I love how much it pisses you off that it's at The Ricoh. I think that's swung it for me, I'll probably go to it now :laugh:

Nick

Administrator
I love how much it pisses you off that it's at The Ricoh. I think that's swung it for me, I'll probably go to it now :laugh:

It doesnt piss me off to be honest just think it would be better else where.

I hope you do go as its a good cause, it was the same when I walked into sixfields for me ;)

I'll just be sticking to a local pub and give them my money, it will still be full of city fans.

Nonleagueherewecome

It doesnt piss me off to be honest just think it would be better else where.

I hope you do go as its a good cause, it was the same when I walked into sixfields for me ;)

I'll just be sticking to a local pub and give them my money, it will still be full of city fans.

You think going to Sixfields is a "good cause"? OK, whatever... :rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
You think going to Sixfields is a "good cause"? OK, whatever... :rolleyes:

No, thought of the sisu out crew st their we love thorn shirts whinging and moaning about it and that I only really went to see if it was so bad after all.

I just think if it was promoting a pub or venue which is now struggling since the club moved it would be a nice gesture.

torchomatic

But not according to AL. The place has never been so busy or profitable. The future's so bright she's gotta wear shades.

[video=youtube;lputIMecalw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lputIMecalw[/video]

Nonleagueherewecome

No, thought of the sisu out crew st their we love thorn shirts whinging and moaning about it and that I only really went to see if it was so bad after all.

Could you put that in English so I can work out whether that's a dig or not?

bigfatronssba

This is a good opportunity to show everyone that the Ricoh is our home. Its about watching football in our rightful home, and helping a charity.

If you consider the Ricoh to be our home, you shouldn't have a problem with this.

valiant15

So you think moaning about sisu moving the club 35 miles away isnt justified?

If you lot didn't go we'd be back in cov in a flash.

Users who are viewing this thread