Bradford Game on at the Ricoh? (3 Viewers)

Tommystours

Some petty negative squabbles on here .we have just been drawn away ( which a lot wanted ) in the next round of the FA cup. Someone does something positive to get some fans together to watch a game on TV have a chat create an atmosphere and all some people are bothered about is the price of beer.
Organise your own get together at a local pub and publicise it on here Nick won't mind.
Me , if I have to drive I might as well go to the game , detour to Sheffield pick up daughter . Tickets bought Job done . PUSB's

Steve.B50

Nick
A working group were asked to look into this and discuss venues ( one from board and two others), they asked around at open meeting and most suggested trying the Ricoh first.
I personally have nothing against ACL or the Ricoh it's our registered home address.
We have to be open and fair to all groups and if someone had suggested a better venue to try they may have tried, but if we had used elsewhere we would have got the same comments asking why did we not use the Ricoh?

Steve

Nonleagueherewecome

Sorry, meant sat with their I think. Dodgy new keyboard on phone.

So the people against Sixfields are all Andy Thorn fans? And they have t-shirts to promote this? "The SISU out crew"? Hmm, now starting to wonder whether Grendel is just your rude and nasty alter-ego with that kind of rationale!

Astute

Here we go again.

We all agree that anyone should be free to go to Northampton if they want without getting any hassle from anyone. Now we have a charity event and all we get is the normal people that have a go at ACL seeing a reason to have a go yet again. Money raised will go to charity. It will be a child friendly event. Most pubs showing the game will not be. There are many kids not able to see our club play now SISU have taken our club to Northampton. The kids are our clubs future. There are also adults that can't go to Northampton but can get to the Ricoh. I applaud whoever has organised this at such short notice. My middle finger goes to anyone using it as a feeble effort to have a go at ACL.

Nick

Administrator
If that is what the masses want then it can't really be argued with can it?

With the trust starting to become balanced it just sort of looks the opposite.

If acl are donating all profits they make also to charity then it is fair play and I don't think anybody can really argue with that.

skybluefred

Nick
A working group were asked to look into this and discuss venues ( one from board and two others), they asked around at open meeting and most suggested trying the Ricoh first.
I personally have nothing against ACL or the Ricoh it's our registered home address.
We have to be open and fair to all groups and if someone had suggested a better venue to try they may have tried, but if we had used elsewhere we would have got the same comments asking why did we not use the Ricoh?

Steve

No need to apologise for doing the right thing, the RICOH is our home.
:blue:

valiant15

So the people against Sixfields are all Andy Thorn fans? And they have t-shirts to promote this? "The SISU out crew"? Hmm, now starting to wonder whether Grendel is just your rude and nasty alter-ego with that kind of rationale!

I think the likes of nick etc are happy that we don't play at the Ricoh anymore just so acl don't get any pie money.

Fucking hell lets get hysterical about acl selling beer but on the other hand they go to sixfields and give the real enemy gate money.

Astute

If acl are donating all profits they make also to charity then it is fair play and I don't think anybody can really argue with that.

I must have read this thread wrong then :)

Nick

Administrator
I think the likes of nick etc are happy that we don't play at the Ricoh anymore just so acl don't get any pie money.

Fucking hell lets get hysterical about acl selling beer but on the other hand they go to sixfields and give the real enemy gate money.

Of course I'm not happy but I think that as they have a part to play also that it doesn't quite seem right to be encouraging people to go there.

Who said anything anywhere about gate money?

pusbccfc

Good idea, but I'll be up there will the 800 in Bradford singing our heart's out.
Buzzing!

Nonleagueherewecome

Of course I'm not happy but I think that as they have a part to play also that it doesn't quite seem right to be encouraging people to go there.

Valiant did: to point out that going to Sixfields but then criticising people for going to The ACL Arena is a bit hypocritical.

valiant15

Do you get into sixfields for free then?

The Ricoh is our home. I fail to see exactly what acl have done wrong.

Astute

Do you get into sixfields for free then?

The Ricoh is our home. I fail to see exactly what acl have done wrong.

They gave into SISU's demands for a lower rent......which is why they told us they took us to Northampton but had already been offered a lower rent than paid at Northampton. Bad bad ACL. It is their fault we are playing in Northampton.

Nick

Administrator
Valiant did: to point out that going to Sixfields but then criticising people for going to The ACL Arena is a bit hypocritical.

Not really as I have actually given acl more money this season ;)

I am also not a fans group actively promoting going to sixfields am I?

Astute

You must have as it doesn't say anything about acl donating anything?

They are donating the use of the building free of charge. All ticket money for charity.

So where have I said about ACL making a donation of cash if that is what you are insinuating?

Astute

Not really as I have actually given acl more money this season ;)

I am also not a fans group actively promoting going to sixfields am I?

You promoted going to Northampton on here last week :)

Nick

Administrator
They are donating the use of the building free of charge. All ticket money for charity.

So where have I said about ACL making a donation of cash if that is what you are insinuating?

So they won't be making a profit from the bar?

Nick

Administrator
Shall we take a guess at what is going on or deal with facts Nick?

Ok so what are the facts from that post? The only fact in there is that the trust is donating the entry fee which is what my comments are based on when I said IF acl were donating profits then I don't think anybody including me can argue?

Which facts are you working with?

Nick

Administrator
Why shouldn't they make money from the bar? I thought they were a business?

So are sisu but you don't want then to make money? What has then being a business got to do with anything? Local pubs are also a business who have no involvement with the fiasco who could do with the cash injection more.

Johnnythespider

So are sisu but you don't want then to make money? What has then being a business got to do with anything? Local pubs are also a business who have no involvement with the fiasco who could do with the cash injection more.
Then let them put the game on and promote it, quite simple really.

Nick

Administrator
I am happy to be proven wrong that acl are donating all profits to the nominated charities though as they are doing it as a gesture for the fans as they don't really need the money.

RPHunt

The logic of some on here is astounding.

Rather than welcome an event that should bring the fans together in large numbers to watch Coventry, in Coventry, some people whinge and moan and suggest watching in smaller groups in pubs that are 'struggling' since the club was kidnapped.

What is the difference between going to the Ricoh to watch a live match or one on TV and how does one benefit local pubs but not the other? Or is it really just an excuse to knock anything that could remotely show support for ACL?

valiant15

No i don't want sisu to make any money after what they've done.

The whole point of having the game on at the Ricoh is because its our home. It gives city fans a chance to visit the ground and perhaps catch up with a few old friends and be in the company of a few hundred city fans.

I think you're blind hatred of acl is clouding your judgement.

NorthernWisdom

That's true. It does however risk compromising the Trust's message of neutrality they've been trying to give out however... although they've also made clear recently they don't encourage abuse and criticism of going to Sixfields either.

Let's face it, in financial terms unless Oliver Reed, Dylan Thomas, Richard Burton are all massive city fans, a thousand people's hardly going to make or break ACL one way or another anyway, is it.

Nick

Administrator
That's true. It does however risk compromising the Trust's message of neutrality they've been trying to give out however... although they've also made clear recently they don't encourage abuse and criticism of going to Sixfields either.

Let's face it, in financial terms unless Oliver Reed, Dylan Thomas, Richard Burton are all massive city fans, a thousand people's hardly going to make or break ACL one way or another anyway, is it.

My point was about the trust promoting it but then saying it is neutral..

How much could it help a pub function room?

Nick

Administrator
The logic of some on here is astounding.

Rather than welcome an event that should bring the fans together in large numbers to watch Coventry, in Coventry, some people whinge and moan and suggest watching in smaller groups in pubs that are 'struggling' since the club was kidnapped.

What is the difference between going to the Ricoh to watch a live match or one on TV and how does one benefit local pubs but not the other? Or is it really just an excuse to knock anything that could remotely show support for ACL?

Because surely it is now competing with the local pubs who are also showing the game? Before the pubs weren't showing football in their beer gardens.

Astute

My point was about the trust promoting it but then saying it is neutral..

How much could it help a pub function room?

Your point is having a dig at ACL because some of the profit made from some pints of beer might make it's way to ACL.

So are you saying that the people that want to have a get together at the Ricoh.......which many of us still count as our home..........shouldn't as they might make a few quid after staff costs and power used.......and that is if they don't donate anything other than their time, costs involved and similar. Then you wonder why some of us think you are a SISU apologist.

Enjoy your next trip to Northampton Nick. As expected nobody had a go at you for going. Is it too much not to expect you to have a go at people wanting to get together at what we see and what should be our home?

Hobo

Because surely it is now competing with the local pubs who are also showing the game? Before the pubs weren't showing football in their beer gardens.[/QUOT

As you are so concerned about local pubs and bar takings Nick, perhaps you should stop going to football altogether and just support your local?

Football has always brought people into bars pre and post game. Unless people are there solely to watch on television.

You are being so pedantic! It is like people on her saying you can't go to an FA Cup away game cos of the miserly profit SISU might make.

By all means have your principles and stick to them. But don't preach by trying to split hairs.

Users who are viewing this thread