Bradford Game on at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

It's being offered in a lounge at the Ricoh, it will be on at various venues as well. Take your pick, what's the problem?!

Nick

Administrator
I
Your point is having a dig at ACL because some of the profit made from some pints of beer might make it's way to ACL.

So are you saying that the people that want to have a get together at the Ricoh.......which many of us still count as our home..........shouldn't as they might make a few quid after staff costs and power used.......and that is if they don't donate anything other than their time, costs involved and similar. Then you wonder why some of us think you are a SISU apologist.

Enjoy your next trip to Northampton Nick. As expected nobody had a go at you for going. Is it too much not to expect you to have a go at people wanting to get together at what we see and what should be our home?

No my main issue is that it is the trust promoting it and arranging it when they have said they are going to be balanced. People can do whatever makes them happy :)

I've given acl.more cash this season, how would I be a sisu apologist?

NorthernWisdom

My point was about the trust promoting it but then saying it is neutral..

Yeah I do get that in a world where every move has to be done very carefully, it offers a ready-made excuse for the club not to speak to the Trust.

That said, 1,000 max... would probably get close to as many Trust members to Sixfields as that, so 'the trust' are contributing cash elsewhere too, and it is an away game so it's not asking people to take 'sides' as much.

I do see however that there's the danger of the club choosing to read it in the way you have, if it suits their purpose to do so!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I do get that in a world where every move has to be done very carefully, it offers a ready-made excuse for the club not to speak to the Trust.

That said, 1,000 max... would probably get close to as many Trust members to Sixfields as that, so 'the trust' are contributing cash elsewhere too, and it is an away game so it's not asking people to take 'sides' as much.

I do see however that there's the danger of the club choosing to read it in the way you have, if it suits their purpose to do so!

If people want to go it's their choice and I hope they have a good time and we win, it is the promotion of it.

Being balanced would surely be promoting a game also at sixfields?

RPHunt

Because surely it is now competing with the local pubs who are also showing the game? Before the pubs weren't showing football in their beer gardens.

It could be argued that pubs should be doing better since the club was kidnapped - there are over 8,000 people looking for something else to do on every other Saturday afternoon and occasional weeknight. If pubs are that desperate, they could make a start by doing something to encourage those people to come and spend some of the money thay are not spending at the Ricoh.

Trying to suggest that a one off get together is somehow responsible for the current plight of pubs is rather a weak argument and right up there with the "ACL screwed the club for years" argument.

Nick

Administrator
It could be argued that pubs should be doing better since the club was kidnapped - there are over 8,000 people looking for something else to do on every other Saturday afternoon and occasional weeknight. If pubs are that desperate, they could make a start by doing something to encourage those people to come and spend some of the money thay are not spending at the Ricoh.

Trying to suggest that a one off get together is somehow responsible for the current plight of pubs is rather a weak argument and right up there with the "ACL screwed the club for years" argument.

I haven't said it is ruining pubs, just that it could have really helped a local pub where to acl it's nothing.

Ashdown1

If people want to go it's their choice and I hope they have a good time and we win, it is the promotion of it.

Bollox to balance 85% of the support won't have anything to do with Sixfields. This 'event' is a bit of a one off I take it and will give some valuable working hours to local people, I don't give a monkeys about the relatively affluent area of Northampton.

Nick

Administrator
Bollox to balance 85% of the support won't have anything to do with Sixfields. This 'event' is a bit of a one off I take it and will give some valuable working hours to local people, I don't give a monkeys about the relatively affluent area of Northampton.

Surely the staff at the ricoh are always working anyway so it doesn't matter?

My point was that if the trust are wanting to be balanced which they were starting to look then put on an event there..

RPHunt

The Trust are organizing it, it would be very surprising if they didn't promote it. Why should they promote something they didn't organize and that they, and 85% of fans, disagree with?

Balance is something you are evidently struggling with.

Nick

Administrator
The Trust are organizing it, it would be very surprising if they didn't promote it. Why should they promote something they didn't organize and that they, and 85% of fans, disagree with?

Balance is something you are evidently struggling with.

Of course, I am saying I run a balanced and neutral fans group but then hosting and promoting something with one of the parties involved?

torchomatic

You're swimming against the tide, Nick.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Astute

OK Nick. I hear what you are saying. Nobody should be able to take their kids to the Ricoh to watch the game on TV as Joy might not like it and ACL might make a couple of quid from beer sales. But we should be able to go to Northampton without anyone complaining. That is as much as unbiased as you can get. :facepalm:

Hobo

Of course, I am saying I run a balanced and neutral fans group but then hosting and promoting something with one of the parties involved?

The choices are simple, Coventry at the Ricoh, Coventry at Northampton. Depends on where your heart stands.

At the moment I know of no other alternative venue?

covmark

OK Nick. I hear what you are saying. Nobody should be able to take their kids to the Ricoh to watch the game on TV as Joy might not like it and ACL might make a couple of quid from beer sales. But we should be able to go to Northampton without anyone complaining. That is as much as unbiased as you can get. :facepalm:
all he's saying is the trust are coming across as unbalanced, yet you start spouting emotive crap about people taking their kids to the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator

I can't remember encouraging anybody to go to sixfields either? I also haven't said that people shouldn't go just that it isn't neutral from the trust is it?

I thought we were talking facts and not assumptions?

Nick

Administrator
The choices are simple, Coventry at the Ricoh, Coventry at Northampton. Depends on where your heart stands.

At the moment I know of no other alternative venue?

There are many choices of where this live screening could have been hosted and promoted...

Johnnythespider

I think the trust and the Ricoh will be very grateful you started this thread Nick, as it's done more to promote this event than anything else.

bigfatronssba

Can anyone explain to me why there is an issue in ACL making a few quid out of selling a couple of pints to people at this screening?

NOPM against the club makes sense. It is to try and put the club under enough financial pressure that only by returning to the Ricoh will it be able to function.

What purpose does NOPM against ACL serve?

Grendel

Can anyone explain to me why there is an issue in ACL making a few quid out of selling a couple of pints to people at this screening?

NOPM against the club makes sense. It is to try and put the club under enough financial pressure that only by returning to the Ricoh will it be able to function.

What purpose does NOPM against ACL serve?

It shows that both sides will not benefit one penny while the club is out of Coventry from the citizens of Coventry.

Not a difficult concept I would have thought.

bigfatronssba

It shows that both sides will not benefit one penny while the club is out of Coventry from the citizens of Coventry.

Not a difficult concept I would have thought.

Yes but what do you want ACL to do about it?

What your advocating is the same as me launching a NOPM campaign against my local CO-OP until the club comes back.

From now on ACL are an irrelevant party in all this.

Hobo

There are many choices of where this live screening could have been hosted and promoted...

From your posts that is not your agenda. It's about miserly bar profits ACL might make, also I would point out money a charity might make.

At the end of the day, the Ricoh was our last rightful home. unless you fully support the SISU move to Northampton?

If you do so be it, but just state it!

Grendel

Yes but what do you want ACL to do about it?

What your advocating is the same as me launching a NOPM campaign against my local CO-OP until the club comes back.

From now on ACL are an irrelevant party in all this.

Irrelevant? So starving them of income wouldn't encourage the sale of them and the ground at a cheaper price?

bigfatronssba

Irrelevant? So starving them of income wouldn't encourage the sale of them and the ground at a cheaper price?

The ground isn't ACL's to sell.

Grendel

The ground isn't ACL's to sell.

When I said "them" I was referring to the council. They could not support a loss making organisation so without doubt the clubs chances of a return would be enhanced if they were liquidated.

Anyway, the fact they have robbed the club of 10 points and a top 4 position is surely enough reason to never go near the place.

bigfatronssba

When I said "them" I was referring to the council. They could not support a loss making organisation so without doubt the clubs chances of a return would be enhanced if they were liquidated.

Anyway, the fact they have robbed the club of 10 points and a top 4 position is surely enough reason to never go near the place.

Well I'm sure none of us want to see a Coventry taxpayer investment liquidated.

That second line is very childish.

skybluejelly

lots of arguing going on .. probably be 150 max.. as all our real fans are only going to away matches this year.. (as long as they are not too far away)..
why does everyone jump on nicks back the moment he tries to put a balanced view point across,all he said was that a local pub or venue rather than an acl venue would probably have benefitted more ..he is right..

Steve.B50

lots of arguing going on .. probably be 150 max.. as all our real fans are only going to away matches this year.. (as long as they are not too far away)..
why does everyone jump on nicks back the moment he tries to put a balanced view point across,all he said was that a local pub or venue rather than an acl venue would probably have benefitted more ..he is right..

Why.....?

bigfatronssba

Perhaps we should hold all our games in The Hub car park from now on then. After all they could do with the business.

italiahorse

How can it be a balanced view when he only speaks out against ACL and never a wrong word for SISU.
I thought he was always playing devils advocate but i'm not too sure.

Hobo

I think your emotions are running high. Can't be sure what you mean in the first paragraph?

You keep going back to ACL/council costing us ten points? I think SISU who have been in control for 6 years plus are fully responsible for our plight. I am still awaiting some decent accounts to explain how they have invested 40 million and we owe them 60 million?

I am waiting for them to justify and sell to me how building a new stadium at an unknown location is for the good of the club?

Let's face it Grendel, the day SISU took over the Ricoh was for sale! The truth is they have never shown any interest in buying it, never made an offer yet alone a realistic one. They have been here to distress it and get it on the cheap not.hing else....hence the pending court case.

Grendel

Well I'm sure none of us want to see a Coventry taxpayer investment liquidated.

That second line is very childish.

Are you saying we as local taxpayers have actually spent some of our taxes on ACL?

That's even worse! I thought they were independent of the council? What do you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread