Match Thread Bradford City vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 23rd Oct (2 Viewers)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
im thinking a 2-1 loss just hope im wrong hard have faith in us going on a 4 game win streak it is ccfc after all.

saltaire bantam

Indeed, why was Stuart McCall sacked?

In a nutshell, Parkinson met the new owners and buggered off to Bolton sharpish. Without a squad the owners made their one & only sensible decision, employ a guy who can get the fans onside, they didn't want him. He cobbled together a team that got to the play off final, on a mid table budget. They then reduced the budget further........after 18 months of top 6 positions with a threadbare squad running on empty, we did not strengthen in January, he had one bad run and was sacked when he should have had stand named after him, we were still 6th!!

For some perspective, 4 coaches later and a linear drop down the table, tomorrow you are playing the worst team in the football league in 2018.

skyblueelephant76

The Ref tomorrow night is the same one we had at Notts County in the league match last season where he let them get away with assaulting us for 90mins. Hopefully he wears his glasses tomorrow....

CCFC88

Just looking back as I didn't remember them being in the L1 playoff final, that season they finished 5th and their top scorer was Jordy Hiwula with 9 goals!

Shows that you don't need a 20 goal a season striker, you don't even need a 10 goal a season striker!

bawtryneal

Think another 3 points tomorrow
2-0 win with Chaplin and JCH on the score sheet
Bring on Donny Rovers on Saturday.

Nick

Administrator
We always have a habit of slipping up against teams who have been awful. I'd take a draw but would love a win. (Obviously)

Gibbo

We are 4 points off the play offs, so they
We always have a habit of slipping up against teams who have been awful. I'd take a draw but would love a win. (Obviously)
That is my view exactly. I thought that about Southend and look what happened

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Unless anyone is showing signs of fatigue unchanged again I reckon.

This should be a game we're looking to dominate and hopefully get the likes of Chaplin and maybe even Thomas the chance to get some confidence in front of goal. Having said that these are games we tend to get complacent in when we're on a bit of a run or let them bring us down to their level and end up losing. If it's a chilly night I can see a couple of players not being up for it.

I'm going to go for a 3-1 win though.

steve82

Some interesting stats... a draws on the cards for me.

Coventry have won just one of their 15 away league games against Bradford (D5 L9), a 3-1 win in September 1959.

Bradford have taken just four points from their last possible 30 in League One (W1 D1 L8), conceding at least two goals in eight of the 10 games in this run.

Mark Robins has never won at Valley Parade against Bradford in three previous league matches there (P3 W0 D1 L2) - two with Rotherham and one with Scunthorpe.

Jonson Clarke-Harris has scored (three) and assisted (two) more goals against Bradford City in the Football League than he has against any other side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve82

3-2 v Peterborough
4-3 v Barnsley
3-1 v Colchester
4-1 v Gillingham

The next game after the Gillingham 4-1 we went to Bradford and drew 0-0 and then only recorded 1 more win in 2015 and just 4 wins from the following 22 games after that midweek trip to valley parade.

Let’s hope that curse don’t strike again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CanadianCCFC

giphy.gif
The next game after the Gillingham 4-1 we went to Bradford and drew 0-0 and then only recorded 1 more win in 2015 and just 4 wins from the following 22 games after that midweek trip to valley parade.

Let’s hope that curse don’t strike again.

Magwitch

On paper we couldn’t have a better away match to follow Saturday and the current run we are on but games aren’t won on paper. Four of our league defeats have been against teams in the bottom half of the division and as impressive we currently are I think we are capable of what I now call Yeovil moments, big test this, we should dominate and win and will show us how equipt we are to being a real credible force in this division, tough game but I think we’ll do it 2-0.
Reading the Bradford fans thread,sounds like another foreign owner horror story, why do they do it ?

Amcoventry

If we want to be a realistic promotion contender these are games we need to win. 2-0 to us

skybluegod

On paper we couldn’t have a better away match to follow Saturday and the current run we are on but games aren’t won on paper. Four of our league defeats have been against teams in the bottom half of the division and as impressive we currently are I think we are capable of what I now call Yeovil moments, big test this, we should dominate and win and will show us how equipt we are to being a real credible force in this division, tough game but I think we’ll do it 2-0.
Reading the Bradford fans thread,sounds like another foreign owner horror story, why do they do it ?

Yeovil Moments- how did you come up with such an original and ingenious term....:happy::happy:

Kingokings204

Would love to win this one and show we mean business this season. If we win this we could be in for a good season.

SkyBlueCRJ

Would take a scrappy draw from this fixture. Although Bradford are on a poor run of form that doesn't necessarily mean it'll make the game any easier, especially as it's away from home... We seem to fair poorly against the worse side due to our inability to break teams down. From a year of management under Robins it's common that we're guilty of lacking creativity at times. It's a cliche but it's what is required to break down teams such as Bradford who are on a poor run and trench in, especially if they take the lead. So if we are to win this game it's imperative we take the lead and take it early, otherwise I fear Bradford will sit back, wait for the counter and look at exploiting the in behind when we're pressing for a goal.

clint van damme

Bradford fans expect you to hand us a right hiding, I don't think many would expect a point and I'd be amazed if anybody thought we'd get a win right now. Personally, I think you'll win by 2 or 3 goals, we are now that bad.

After long term improvement under stable ownership and management, who have thought that new foreign owners could completely rip apart a club so quickly? Yeah, you! They have turned a squad 90 mins away from the Championship into the worst City squad I've ever seen with any team that is picked from it nailed on to slide into L2.......again. We lost 4000 ST holders in the summer, Tuesday's crowd will be officially around 15500 but such is the mixture of anger and apathy that maybe less than 10k will actually be in VP. Those that are there will lose the plot completely after we go behind, luckily for the owners the anger was confined to the last few minutes on Saturday as it took a poor Dale to finally realise how utterly shite we are and only start scoring 5 mins from time.

It's a totally broken club right now and it's staggering how much damage one egomaniac can do in such a short space of time. How times change in football.:finger:

we haven't won a league game by more than 1 clear goal all season, I'm not sure we'll start tonight.

SkyBlueCRJ

we haven't won a league game by more than 1 clear goal all season, I'm not sure we'll start tonight.

I agree, we lack the attacking prowess to win convincingly, regardless of the fixture. It's an obvious statement but we're set up to rely on a main goalscorer. Robins likes the big target man to do all the dirty work during the game and then a goalscorer to effectively put the game to bed. Although he's a great manager, I find he's unbelievably old fashioned in this respect. Take last season as a case in point. Any convincing win we achieved last season was largely down to McNulty having a hand in some or most of the goals. E.g. Grimsby and Cheltenham.

CovInEssex

The way the Bradford fans are talking it sounds like they're just utterly incompetent and shite and not unlucky as I thought may be the case. Why were they so hotly tipped at the start of the season? 0-2, goal in the first 10 and last 10 mins

ccfcrob

Last two games we won with late goals and were lucky not to concede. Most of our games are quite close, we don't win many emphatically. Don't get me wrong, I think we are a match for any team in this division, but by the same token we don't stand out in the crowd. I think we will have a solid season and we have some good up and coming young players, but I don't think we will be a top three side or even get into the play-offs.
Well arent you a ray of sunshine!

Users who are viewing this thread