Match Thread Bradford City vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 23rd Oct (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

Coventry City at Bradford City

IMG_1689.PNG IMG_1692.PNG

Coventry City (1532)
Best (1532) on 20 Oct 2018

Win (1560) +28
Draw (1530) -2
Loss (1500) -32

Otis

This has defeat written all over it.

City on a great run, Bradford struggling down the bottom.

High expectations and we haven't won 4 in a row since the Black and White Minstrels were on tele.

Also have a very poor record against Bradford. Last time we won away there was 1959.

0-3 and it will all be woe is me again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-21-12-12-01.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-12-12-01.png
    558.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2018-10-21-12-15-14.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-12-15-14.png
    766.7 KB · Views: 37

Greggs

Been there twice, lost there twice! 3rd time lucky?
Good set of fans, half of their ground is really tidy, quite impressive infact!

fernandopartridge

Just had a read of the Bradford forum. The consensus seems to be that they've got a dreadful squad and the manager has been unfortunate to take it on. Lot of criticism of Greg Abbott who I think is their recruitment bod.
This is as good a chance as any to break a hoodoo, we've had a few draws there where we've deserved more

shmmeee

We won’t win four in a row. We never win four in a row.

Gonna go 1-1 with them scoring late on to equalise against the run of play after we’ve squandered eleventy billion chances.

Samo

Yeah I suspect we'll slip up but it is a real chance for this team to make a statement... can they go away from home to a struggling team with all the pressure that form brings and do a professional job on them? If so, I'll start to believe.

saltaire bantam

Bradford fans expect you to hand us a right hiding, I don't think many would expect a point and I'd be amazed if anybody thought we'd get a win right now. Personally, I think you'll win by 2 or 3 goals, we are now that bad.

After long term improvement under stable ownership and management, who have thought that new foreign owners could completely rip apart a club so quickly? Yeah, you! They have turned a squad 90 mins away from the Championship into the worst City squad I've ever seen with any team that is picked from it nailed on to slide into L2.......again. We lost 4000 ST holders in the summer, Tuesday's crowd will be officially around 15500 but such is the mixture of anger and apathy that maybe less than 10k will actually be in VP. Those that are there will lose the plot completely after we go behind, luckily for the owners the anger was confined to the last few minutes on Saturday as it took a poor Dale to finally realise how utterly shite we are and only start scoring 5 mins from time.

It's a totally broken club right now and it's staggering how much damage one egomaniac can do in such a short space of time. How times change in football.:finger:

Skybluefaz

Bradford fans expect you to hand us a right hiding, I don't think many would expect a point and I'd be amazed if anybody thought we'd get a win right now. Personally, I think you'll win by 2 or 3 goals, we are now that bad.

After long term improvement under stable ownership and management, who have thought that new foreign owners could completely rip apart a club so quickly? Yeah, you! They have turned a squad 90 mins away from the Championship into the worst City squad I've ever seen with any team that is picked from it nailed on to slide into L2.......again. We lost 4000 ST holders in the summer, Tuesday's crowd will be officially around 15500 but such is the mixture of anger and apathy that maybe less than 10k will actually be in VP. Those that are there will lose the plot completely after we go behind, luckily for the owners the anger was confined to the last few minutes on Saturday as it took a poor Dale to finally realise how utterly shite we are and only start scoring 5 mins from time.

It's a totally broken club right now and it's staggering how much damage one egomaniac can do in such a short space of time. How times change in football.:finger:
Throw tennis balls on to the pitch and blow whistles whilst the team are playing. They'll be gone in no time...

Otis

So a nailed on Bradford win then.

johnwillomagic

I think barring injuries we keep the exact same squad and exact same starting xi - though expect that Robins will need to and should make subs earlier in this one as think
there will be a bit of fatigue in the start xi - wouldn;t surprise me if we made a half time sub in this one.

Was delighted with us beating Southend again would be delighted with a 1-1 out of this one 4 points from six good return from these two away games!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

High expectations and we haven't won 4 in a row since the Black and White Minstrels were on tele.

Also have a very poor record against Bradford. Last time we won away there was 1959.

Then I suggest we stick with the same team we had in 1959!

fernandopartridge

Indeed, why was Stuart McCall sacked?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When did City last win 4 on the bounce?

Gibbo

I fear the worst too. They lost to Rochdale at the weekend, and will be pretty determined not to lose again. 1-0 loss or if we are lucky, 1-1

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Peterborough was a fight back from 2 down if I remember right. Murphy did the damage

I don't think you quite remember right.

O'Brien was absolutely class when he came on and changed the game. Having that kind of player to kick the others up the arse is really important, as we found when we didn't have any the season we got relegated.

His influence that day is where the big change was for me.

Gibbo

I don't think you quite remember right.

O'Brien was absolutely class when he came on and changed the game. Having that kind of player to kick the others up the arse is really important, as we found when we didn't have any the season we got relegated.

His influence that day is where the big change was for me.
Oh blimey, senior moment. The games blur into one another!!! I remember us going 2 down the second being a solo effort from a midget midfielder and then Armstrong & Murphy combining in a fight back. Thought it was P'boro

Users who are viewing this thread