BPA - Back On? (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

So if I read you right.
Get rid of Wasps and then carry on from where we were at Northampton but be at BPA instead until CCC give us the stadium.
Don't tell CovRFC though.....
Think about it !!!!
Ha! You're brilliant at twisting words and taking threads off topic, it's why when you and Grendel argue nobody is interested.

1) partnership with crfc - develop butts
2) wasps venture fails - enevitable without serious additional funding
3) we purchase the Ricoh

I'm sure I won't get any sense from you though because you 'believe' wasps will succeed and you 'believe' they will buy us and in your twisted worlds belief = fact

shmmeee

The Ricoh is great on a big match day, problem is it opened just as we started our slide to irrelevance.

The problem with the BPA for a lot of people is it's a sign of acceptance that we are a L1 club, not a sleeping giant. Call that hope or delusion depending on your predilection.

If the club want fans to accept it en masse, step one would be coming out and explaining what the business plan is and where they see us. Because all the talk has been as if we are a sleeping giant, yet all the action is of a club still on its way down.

Sub

Would it be CCFC that owned part of the stadium or Otium or Sisu thats a question that would need answering first

shmmeee

Would it be CCFC that owned part of the stadium or Otium or Sisu thats a question that would need answering first

There is no CCFC, just Otium trading as CCFC. And they've already said it'd be a separate company when talking about the Stadium of Joy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Loads better pubs around there, but that element of the 'match day experience' would improve tenfold if we moved to the Butts, to the extent that the ground capacity would be irrelevant as I'd struggle to make it in the match anyway

Touche Fernando. I love the other places round there too.

Can't beat a can of Bengali Tiger for £2 though!

italiahorse

Ha! You're brilliant at twisting words and taking threads off topic, it's why when you and Grendel argue nobody is interested.

1) partnership with crfc - develop butts
2) wasps venture fails - enevitable without serious additional funding
3) we purchase the Ricoh

I'm sure I won't get any sense from you though because you 'believe' wasps will succeed and you 'believe' they will buy us and in your twisted worlds belief = fact
So CRFC would build a bigger stadium than they require knowing we would move out in a few years time.
As I said. Think about it.

Ian1779

Picked up for nothing and currently running at breakeven. Even I could run it.

I doubt it.... you have very little in the way of morals.. which after the last 9 years is not what we are looking for in a future owner.

Kingokings204

I just can't see BPA happening this has always been my view and still is. I wouldn't be totally against it but 15k is too small whichever way you dress it up. Highfield road over 20 years ago was 22k so this is just accepting we are a league 1 or 2 club. It doesn't have to be like that.

BPA isn't big enough for a 25k stadium and cov rugby don't want this. Reading sharps comments he doesn't even mention ccfc really. He is clearly interested and why not in the commercial buildings and houses aspect to it. That's where the quick easy money is so groundshering with ccfc and we pay all the costs. They certainly won't. They can't afford it. We have the Ricoh and something needs to be done there. Wasps there is a shit one but something surely can be done. And here is the best bit it's a class stadium and is already built.

Sorry but Bpa, It simply won't happen.

torchomatic

CCFC will never own it's own stadium no matter who is in charge be it SISU or not. If we got new owners tomorrow then any property would be theirs? It's naive to think otherwise.

Ian1779

Wasps there is a shit one but something surely can be done. And here is the best bit it's a class stadium and is already built.

BPA is more likely to happen than to ever get a deal of part ownership struck with Wasps.

Otis

I'm not against the Butts, but unless we are not at all ambitious, it can only ever be a short term fix.

If there IS to be a takeover, then you would expect a great deal of ambition.

12,000 max is never going to be enough for a successful, vibrant Coventry City Football Club.

Great for the here and now, but we need to look to the future.

Would guess two years to develop the Butts. If we have new owners they will surely be advocating success and ambition and would be hoping to be in the Championship within two years.

Can you imagine being in the Championship and having to face Villa, or Birmingham, or Leeds, or Wolves and only being able to accommodate about 10,000 City fans.

Demand would be huge.

We need to stop thinking about downward sliding, perpetual losers Coventry City and start thinking in terms of a successful forward thinking Coventy City.

Butts is fine for a League One club.

Just how ambitious are we though?

Liquid Gold

So CRFC would build a bigger stadium than they require knowing we would move out in a few years time.
As I said. Think about it.
Have you never heard of growth?? For someone so patronising you have difficulties understanding a very basic concept. As owners of a larger stadium they are able to generate additional revenues and attract better players which equates to improved performances and higher league positions which would in turn attract more fans. CCFC in the prem as owners o the Ricoh and CRFC in the prem as owners of an improved BPA would be incredible. The only person against this is you, with your vested interest in the success of an out of town rugby club owned by a predetory hedge fund.

torchomatic

Wasps there is a shit one but something surely can be done. And here is the best bit it's a class stadium and is already built.

LIke others before you dismiss the idea - and you could be right it may never happen - you need to think about Wasps, their position and how we - Coventry City - fit into the puzzle. There isn't a cat in hell's chance that we are ever going to get more revenue at the Ricoh.

albatross

This does amuse me somewhat. All making plans for what is best for CCFC on somebody else's land owned by a company whose sole responsibility is CRFC. There is no ownership at present and what ever is built will have to be suitable for where it is and include any commercial development that may help to pay for it. CRFC want a smaller ground with development revenue opportunities not a bespoke 15k football stadium.

What both WASPs and now CRFC have done to get the land / stadium they want is not rocket science.

If SISU cannot figure out how to effectively "buy a house with a mortgage" and pay for it what are they doing here? Makes a total mockery of their we need our own stadium and 365 revenue b*****ks.

What leverage do CCFC to negotiate a good deal. We are homeless in 18 months and both land lords know it.

italiahorse

Have you never heard of growth?? For someone so patronising you have difficulties understanding a very basic concept. As owners of a larger stadium they are able to generate additional revenues and attract better players which equates to improved performances and higher league positions which would in turn attract more fans. CCFC in the prem as owners o the Ricoh and CRFC in the prem as owners of an improved BPA would be incredible. The only person against this is you, with your vested interest in the success of an out of town rugby club owned by a predetory hedge fund.
So CRFC need to invest in a stadium suitable for the Rugby PL when they have no chance of ever getting there with the current set up in English rugby ?
It's all about the product.
Why don't CCFC fill the Ricoh and also generate those bigger revenues?

colin101

We keep talking about BPA as our (CCFC) stadium (or at least part of it), however who would really own the ground, bearing in mind Fisher said we would be looking for outside Institutions/investors/developers to bear the cost.
CRFC
SISU
CCFC
Institutions/investors/developers

olderskyblue

Well I for one am looking forward to CRFC getting an improved ground, CCFC getting a city centre ground, and umpteen opportunities for people to beg us to pack out the Butts and ram it full.

It has it's merits, but it does seem we are wishing that CRFC fans watch their team in a soulless stadium instead of us... what would it be for them, 10% full at the most? Not sure that sits well for me at the moment.

I also worry that some way down the line, CRFC would find themselves steamrollered out of the place if they get into bed with SISU.

Need to be careful that those bleating on about wasps so much since they took over the ricoh, seem to be happy and not at all concerned that we might do the same to CRFC...

Maybe lots of arguments for it, but some worries too.

torchomatic

It has it's merits, but it does seem we are wishing that CRFC fans watch their team in a soulless stadium instead of us... what would it be for them, 10% full at the most? Not sure that sits well for me at the moment.

I also worry that some way down the line, CRFC would find themselves steamrollered out of the place if they get into bed with SISU.

Need to be careful that those bleating on about wasps so much since they took over the ricoh, seem to be happy and not at all concerned that we might do the same to CRFC...

It might not be SISU. What wilth the world and his wife on Twitter and here that a takeover is looming, maybe CRFC will deal with the new owners. Who knows? It's all conjecture at the moment anyway. But if there was a chance to go to the BPA in a deal that would suit CRFC, CCFC and the city as a whole then I'd be all for it.

olderskyblue

It might not be SISU. What wilth the world and his wife on Twitter and here that a takeover is looming, maybe CRFC will deal with the new owners. Who knows? It's all conjecture at the moment anyway. But if there was a chance to go to the BPA in a deal that would suit CRFC, CCFC and the city as a whole then I'd be all for it.

I understand your view, and agree it has to suit all parties. Having gone through the SISU and Wasps stuff, I wouldn't wish similar onto another Coventry club, that's all.

italiahorse

Ask Fisher for the plan tomorrow then rather than let him wind you up and set you running.

Otis

Yep. After what has happened to us with Wasps and the Ricoh etc. I really do think we need to be careful here in what we wish for and are wanting.

Are we happy for Cov to play in a 2/3rds empty soulless stadium simply because it suits our needs?

Would love to see the Butts developed, but for Cov. Would love to see them in a lovely new 10,000 seater stadiums with improved facilities.

Think the aim should be to develop the Butts for Cov and for us to ground share there if no deal can be found at the Ricoh, until we can build our own stadium somewhere for us.

torchomatic

Ask Fisher for the plan tomorrow then rather than let him wind you up and set you running.

Fisher doesn't wind me up. I prefer to ignore him.

oldfiver

I just can't see BPA happening this has always been my view and still is. I wouldn't be totally against it but 15k is too small whichever way you dress it up. Highfield road over 20 years ago was 22k so this is just accepting we are a league 1 or 2 club. It doesn't have to be like that.

BPA isn't big enough for a 25k stadium and cov rugby don't want this. Reading sharps comments he doesn't even mention ccfc really. He is clearly interested and why not in the commercial buildings and houses aspect to it. That's where the quick easy money is so groundshering with ccfc and we pay all the costs. They certainly won't. They can't afford it. We have the Ricoh and something needs to be done there. Wasps there is a shit one but something surely can be done. And here is the best bit it's a class stadium and is already built.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/south-stand-afc-bournemouth-stadium-expansion-plans-3012635.aspx

Sky Blue Kid

It took 4 months last season to go from 11000 to pushing 14000 when it looked like we were going to make a decent challenge for once at the right end of the division and playing decent football.

Don't forget we were topping 17.5k-18k just before the Wheels fell off too.

olderskyblue

When Wasps go bust, they can pick up all the fans who just love Rugby in Coventry...

:) I know quite a lot of people that go to Wasps regularly who never went to see CRFC before. The ones who are CCFC fans, some still go, the others stopped going a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread