BPA - Back On? (1 Viewer)

ashbyjan

http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2016/12/15/clubs-future-in-own-hands-as-head-lease-secured/

Head lease now signed over and in the possession of CRFC, so does this mean that the proposed joint venture with CCFC is now back on? Might be a pertinent question for Fisher on Friday.

One interesting line from the piece is " It will keep control of the head lease and ensure that it cannot be exposed to any attempted predatory action." - obviously vary of SISU's past record of co-operation!

ajsccfc

“massively underused facility with great potential”

Is there more space for maneuvre on the site than it appears? Never struck me as somewhere you could do much with other than pop something on top of the car park by the Butts road.

torchomatic

I hope we can do it. I won't shed a tear if we leave the Ricoh.

torchomatic

torchomatic

From one rugby club ground share to another, from a world class venue to a conference stadium!! that's 9 years of progress right there!

Well if we get own actually own some of the stadium then yes it will be progress.

torchomatic

I think renting a soulless bowl for match days only, that's too big for us, to owning any % of a 15k seater stadium in a few years time would be progress actually.

Yep, that's the way I see it too.

torchomatic

I think anyone that settles for that, has as much ambition as a bag of cockles!

I disagree. We have no future renting from Wasps. A partnership even in a smaller stadium could mean a better future for the club. I'm sure even you wants the club to have a future.

italiahorse

I think renting a soulless bowl for match days only, that's too big for us, to owning any % of a 15k seater stadium in a few years time would be progress actually.
We have seen how the Ricoh can be.
Still remember the noise and subsequent goose pimples/tears when the team came out when we returned from Northampton.
That's what I want.
BPA kills that ambition and for many will be the final nail in the coffin of support.
It's all about where I want us to be, not about being a nicely run club stuck at this level.

italiahorse

I disagree. We have no future renting from Wasps. A partnership even in a smaller stadium could mean a better future for the club. I'm sure even you wants the club to have a future.
So renting from Coventry RFC is better than renting from Wasps ?
Really ?

Sky Blue Kid

Still remember the noise and subsequent goose pimples/tears when the team came out when we returned from Northampton.
That's what I want.
BPA kills that ambition and for many will be the final nail in the coffin of support.
It's all about where I want us to be, not about being a nicely run club stuck at this level.

Exactly this.

torchomatic

That's what I want.

Whilst I agree when the Ricoh is full then the atmosphere can be good, but it rarely happens - look at the attendance for the following game - a prime example of how things are. There is no future being Wasps' rent boys with not enough income to sustain a decent team.

Captain Dart

CCFC will not be playing at the Butts. SISU have no intention of building a new stadium. That's what I believe.

torchomatic

So renting from Coventry RFC is better than renting from Wasps ?
Really ?

Chances are we might get a stake in the stadium, so yes. Weird how many people want us to stagnate and stay still.

Esoterica

That's what I want.
Your posts always start to sound more emotive, almost a little desperate, whenever a move away from the Ricoh is touted. It's almost like you have a vested interest in us staying there.

torchomatic

Your posts always start to sound more emotive, almost a little desperate, whenever a move away from the Ricoh is touted. It's almost like you have a vested interest in us staying there.

Nah, not Italia.

Sky Blue Kid

15k stadium is not, and will never, be big enough for CCFC. CRFC will not allow the increase to 25k. or even anywhere near it!

Colin Steins Smile

It's obvious that we need a stadium that the club can fully exploit to generate income. I'm not sure that being a minor partner to CRFC is the answer. The differences in turnovers between the two clubs is vast, surely CCFC should be a majority partner in a stadium deal, which is why I don;t see the BPA as being the answer to CCFC's stadium issue.......unless the plan is to buy CRFC out?

torchomatic

SISU had numerous chances of owning or part ownership of the Ricoh and guess what they fucked that up as well.

Yes, they did. Where did I say they didn't? We'll never get to own any of the Ricoh, not for 248 years anyway, so if the club - the club you support remember - needs to progress then we need additional income so we can hopefully stop selling our youngsters. We'll never progress whilst we rent from Wasps.

ashbyjan

My personal view (for what its worth) is that I won't believe its for the good of CCFC just because Fisher says so - I don't want some half arsed artist impression of a mythical ground and lots of generic words about 3 weeks etc. Demonstrate exactly how this benefits CCFC now and in the future - financially I would want to see proper projections of extra revenue streams that would be created, proper plans for how ground could be expanded, proper plans of how the fans views would be listened to (please not Sandra's curtain picking committee). If it can really be shown that in the future the ground can hold 25,000, that we have access to substantial off field revenue streams, that this secures CCFC's future, that this makes CCFC a saleable commodity and means SISU go them I am for it. Sadly I fear all we will get is the usual piss and wind from Fisher about propcos, joint companies and commercial confidentiality and we should believe him as he only has the clubs best interests at heart - not good enough for me - give us real facts or don't count on fans support.

Sky Blue Kid

Do you really think fan support won't grow more than 15k?. You state about us "Renting the Soulless Ricoh" The minute SISU f**k off, 25k crowds will become the norm with a decent owner with CCFC at heart.

torchomatic

My personal view (for what its worth) is that I won't believe its for the good of CCFC just because Fisher says so - I don't want some half arsed artist impression of a mythical ground and lots of generic words about 3 weeks etc. Demonstrate exactly how this benefits CCFC now and in the future - financially I would want to see proper projections of extra revenue streams that would be created, proper plans for how ground could be expanded, proper plans of how the fans views would be listened to (please not Sandra's curtain picking committee). If it can really be shown that in the future the ground can hold 25,000, that we have access to substantial off field revenue streams, that this secures CCFC's future, that this makes CCFC a saleable commodity and means SISU go them I am for it. Sadly I fear all we will get is the usual piss and wind from Fisher about propcos, joint companies and commercial confidentiality and we should believe him as he only has the clubs best interests at heart - not good enough for me - give us real facts or don't count on fans support.

Yep, agree with that. If it can be shown that we can get a decent capacity and ensure revenues go up to help the club then I can't see how anyone can be against it.

matesx

We'll never progress whilst we rent from Wasps.

what other choice do we have? no chance of a new stadium (even if by some miracle they built one it would take years to recoup the cost)

if Wasps dont rent to us we are finished.

Oh happy days

Esoterica

Do you really think fan support won't grow more than 15k?. You state about us "Renting the Soulless Ricoh" The minute SISU f**k off, 25k crowds will become the norm with a decent owner with CCFC at heart.
Sadly I think it could take years to get back to 15k averages and that will take success, not just a decent owner with CCFC at heart.

torchomatic

Sadly I think it could take years to get back to 15k averages and that will take success, not just a decent owner with CCFC at heart.

I don't think the fans will come flooding back the minute SISU do eventually leave, like you said it'll take years. And then if there's not almost instant success the crowds will remain low. I think 15K initially would suit us fine as long as there is room to expand, just in case. As has been stated in the past, it hasn't held Bournemouth back. I know they have someone to bank roll them but if we actually OWNED some of the BPA then there's an increased chance someone might take a punt on us. They won't do that whilst we rent from Wasps.

Sky Blue Kid

Agree, but CRFC won't allow 25k. They have already said that. People are moaning about us "Rattling around" in the Ricoh. What gives them the right to have CRFC fans "Rattling around in a 25k ground(If growth to that size is granted) that THEY own?

Users who are viewing this thread