Boycott the ricoh, new protest until sisu out (1 Viewer)

@richh87

A little word of advice -- siding with Baghdad will not be the brightest of moves. Read between the lines and see the wood from the trees.

Change the subject why don't you. If you won't fight for the future of this club, and have no good reason not to bother, I can't respect you.

Grendel

It has to be said at least 13 thousand fans have decided enough is enough already. I think your analogy is correct the supporters who blindly support are actually prolonging sisus stay . . . If we really want them gone dont give them your money. Season ticket holders could do their own bit by all attending the ticket office on the same day at the same time to demand their money back. They cant say no to 7000 of them. Like the man above said sisu just need a final push.

I assume your'e day release is now at an end. Let me know when you are out next time and I will will stay away from the Forum that day. I just showed one of my mates your posts and he laughed so much he broke a rib. Painful.

rocksocks

I read somewhere that major sports in America don't have the concept of relegation. Perhaps the SISU owners didn't realise that we could get relegated, hence them draining the squad?

Grendel

Change the subject why don't you. If you won't fight for the future of this club, and have no good reason not to bother, I can't respect you.

Change want subject? You clearly have no respect for 95% of fans as they are not fighting for the future of the club. If you got your first season ticket 17 years ago you must have been 1. You need to calm down and grow up. Has it not occurred to you a lot of the posters you like so much are having a laugh and never have and never will support this club?

dadgad

Not bothering is just accepting the slow death of our football club.

EXACTLY - Incidentally I have been a fan of Cov for longer than Daffy .....I well remember when we were an innovative club with a responsive fanbase to match.
The organisers of the protest are a throwback to that; loyal, passionate and prepared to have a go. Not for them is it enough to sit back and take the shit on the chin.....endlessly. S.O.C. are prepared to stand up and be counted and still maintain a visual and vocal support to the team. You cannot fault their effort or motives....meanwhile the dreary, more dead than alive others who would rather just carry on doing SWeet fuck all but watch the club disintegrate and die.....
Now that really isn't clever.
PUSB

dadgad

I read somewhere that major sports in America don't have the concept of relegation. Perhaps the SISU owners didn't realise that we could get relegated, hence them draining the squad?

LOL :claping hands::claping hands:

Yeah, I remember that newspaper headline when England played the Colonials "U.S.A WIN 1-1" - they really take the biscuit for cluelessness...on a par with Daffy.:pointlaugh:

:blue::blue::blue:

Grendel

LOL :claping hands::claping hands:

Yeah, I remember that newspaper headline when England played the Colonials "U.S.A WIN 1-1" - they really take the biscuit for cluelessness...on a par with Daffy.:pointlaugh:

:blue::blue::blue:

Oh dear mummy buy you the Bobby Davro joke book for Christmas....

@richh87

Duffy - I was twelve 17 years ago (try to do the maths) - so about your current mental age. The post I put on the previous page explaining why we MUST protest hasn't been addressed by you at all (because you can't really argue with it).

You're not a real City supporter. Anyone not fighting SISU simply due to laziness can't be. Anyone with an actual reason (having read my post on page 7) let's hear it.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

You're not a real City supporter. Anyone not fighting SISU simply due to laziness can't be.

Settle down. Standing outside the ground for 15 minutes before walking in is hardly the definition of hyperactivity or heroism.

Anyone with an actual reason (having read my post on page 7) let's hear it.

If more fans were like the several thousand who paid for tickets, then the club wouldn't be in this mess. That's what supporting a club is about.

When the 'real fans' start developing an AFC Coventry, or launching a campaign to fill the ground every week, or start asking more questions of when this billionaire consortium will put in a decent bid, then I'll take notice.

Grendel

Settle down. Standing outside the ground for 15 minutes before walking in is hardly the definition of hyperactivity or heroism.

If more fans were like the several thousand who paid for tickets, then the club wouldn't be in this mess. That's what supporting a club is about.

When the 'real fans' start developing an AFC Coventry, or launching a campaign to fill the ground every week, or start asking more questions of when this billionaire consortium will put in a decent bid, then I'll take notice.

Well done - spoke like a true supporter Colonel

torchomatic

Well, I must say I never thought it would get to the point where people would have a go at you for going to games.

I have respect for those that boycott and for those - like myself - who feel now more than ever that we need to support our team. I support Coventry City, not SISU.

The ones I do not respect are posters like Hamish, Valiant and Dadgad who basically attack people for supporting their team. They don't do the SOS campaign any favours and I hope Jan, Brinner and the rest distance themselves from those kinds of people.

The Man Utd thing is true, of course. Where are the 10,000 that went to Old Trafford or the 32,000 that came to the Ricoh for Chelsea.

It's very easy to support your team when they are doing well, not so much so when things are going wrong. That's when fans should show their true support, IMHO.

I am glad you posted this as I was beginning to think I had entered some kind a parallel universe. The club is going downhill like a rate of knots and the solution is to stay away. I am now even being compared to an abuse victim for continuing to attend matches which I have paid a significant amount of money for.
People who take the moral high ground my refusing to attend are a joke, they don't attend, they never have, they never will (unless we play Man Utd even with SISU in charge and then they have always bled Sky Blue).

torchomatic

Sorry Rich, but doesn't do the campaign or yourself any favours.

My first game was 1972. I went in on Saturday, so by your reckoning then, I'm not a "real City supporter".

This campaign is dividing City fans rather than bringing us all together, which is a shame, but with certain individuals, is inevitable.

Duffy - I was twelve 17 years ago (try to do the maths) - so about your current mental age. The post I put on the previous page explaining why we MUST protest hasn't been addressed by you at all (because you can't really argue with it).

You're not a real City supporter. Anyone not fighting SISU simply due to laziness can't be. Anyone with an actual reason (having read my post on page 7) let's hear it.

Last edited:

Grendel

Support your team, attend matched -- you can get sent to the tower for that sort of thing.

We should be focusing as much attention as we can to get the team staying in this division with more supporters not less.

SISU is just another in a long line of excuses for the many armchair Coventry Fans - makes a change from saying poor football, too much money, can't park and legitimises their apathy.

torchomatic

I certainly think we should support the fight against relegation, that is the priority I would say. Particularly as we keep getting told that Hoffman and his merry band of billionaires are waiting in the wings.

Grendel

I certainly think we should support the fight against relegation, that is the priority I would say. Particularly as we keep getting told that Hoffman and his merry band of billionaires are waiting in the wings.

Agreed and I also agree that the legitimate protesters should be applauded. However some of the rhetoric used on here by others is offensive

Chipfat

Don’t expect SISU to consider any fans thoughts or wishes in regards to the running of the club, they are hardnosed business people whose only concern is the balance sheet. The only thing they do listen too or understand is bad press, falling attendances and other loses of revenue… Results, quality of Staff and general fans concerns do not come into it, although these are some the keys to be successful in the football industry!!!..

Also with SISU having no experience in this business before and generally running it like other business they have been involved in, has now insured they have failed to deliver any success and are facing an investment with no value while owners of our club..

You have to and should understand that loss of revenue is hurting them as well as the team but if it insures doing this to help push them out I for one will never go in a turnstile while they are in control of our club. They have gambled and have lost not only money, but from the gates are now losing the fans .
I respect anyone who goes in and thinks the club need us now more than ever, but for me the club needs us more than ever to try to force SISU hand to leave before we have no club left to love through good and bad times that may lay ahead.

We are all the same people wanting the best for our club, do not let SISU divide us, respect and listen to others opinions and hope we get changes in the club that we all deserve…

Last edited:

dadgad

Oh dear. With every post my fears are confirmed.
I used the analogy of somebody in an abusive relationship to try and illustrate what is going on at the club. Those that feel attacked by this are being extremely defensive.
This defensiveness is a symptom of the problem. Change involves having to think outside the box - a challenge to the habitual, hidebound "I will always support my club" mantra.
Duffy and co should draw in your horns and see this as a conciliatory post. We all want the best for our club but have different views. We've tried going up the Ricoh and cheering on the team and look where it has got us! We need to think differently, we need to change. Thank you.

mememe

i started this thread to get opinion, i suppose i got it, but it is a shame it seems to upsetting the likes of torchomatic who is always a level headed guy concerning all stuff ccfc. i think as fans we all have different solutions to the problems at the club, of course you are a good fan wether you attend the games or not, some cant not by choice, but it has to be admitted we have since 2005 lost a good 9 or 10 thousand supporters, and most of them when you listen to poeple are the guys from the age bracket of 35 onwards. its just as hurtful for every fan at the club, but the younger fans didnt get the premiership or the fa cup, whilst they love the club with a real passion and well done to them, they dont understand the mindset of the older more experienced fan, if you didnt have it you dont miss it. come on guys we are all peeved off because we miss the old days dont we, we have standards that we know are gone. no, we were never the greatest side but we had strengh in tryers.

one of the biggest issues for me is the atmosphere, the non trying by some (not all) players on the pitch that is the biggest problem, if we had a team of underdogs that would break a leg for us i think we would be happier even with the sisu problem. but when you watch the team and the atmosphere sticks in your throat and you spend the whole match wondering why are you here, reminding a pal of the old days, only to realise your pal cant be bothered to go anymore and what was 15 of your gang is now 2 or 3 it expeands the problems off the pitch. if we 3rd in the league and the papers were talking about our bulldog spirit we would not be protesting, but the fact we all know we are going down, even the most positive fans are saying it could be a positive thing.

for me i will not go again to the ricoh, unless sisu are gone or they say what the future holds and the team put in some proper gung ho performances, its the 2 problems combined that keeps me away and i am sure it is for the 10 thousand fans also voting with their feet. i still respect every fan that does attend every game, you are true fans as am i. we must not let the situation turn us against each other and that was not the reason for this post. lets see us get 3 points on saturday and then we wil all feel a bit better

dadgad

The only thing that is not good about the protest is that it has divided opinion. As Sisu have no interest or idea about how to run a football club "Divide and Rule" seems to be playing into their hands, unfortunately.

ashbyjan

Under no circumstances would SOC condone in any way shape or form the abuse of any Coventry fan by another. If someone wants to go to a game then that is their right and it is to be respected, just as should someone decide to boycott a match then I would expect the same respect to be reciprocated. We are all Cov fans - we are all equal as fans - there is no hierarchy of fans, no one fans is a better fan than another. If we bicker and squabble amongst each other then we will never get what's best for the club we all love, only by uniting and acting together can we hope to change things.

In talking to people who attended the protest and those that didn't a couple of interesting facts came out.
Almost universally everyone thinks SISU have done an appalling job and almost all want them gone but what was stopping people joining the call for their immediate departure appeared to be the fear of who will replace them? "If they go the club will cease to exist" and so forth - it was the fear of where we would be if SISU left tomorrow that was precluding wholehearted support. This is a failure on my and SOC's part to communicate our message properly and it will be addressed. We want them to put us up for sale not simply lock the gates and walk away.
The other message was the "the team needs us" mantra. Yes the team does need support and that is why I advocated for a one off boycott/protest to gain maximum anti SISU publicity and not simply to deprive them of revenue. Cut cash to the club and all that will happen is the club will just have to sell another player to cover the shortfall, the money will not come from SISU's own pockets. However we have had communication from several players who told us that they understood the protest and sympathised with our actions.
Tomorrow night at Hen Lane Social we have our next meeting to discuss various issues including the next action and the proposed mass following to Reading or Forest away games - if you wish to contribute either for or against protests etc please come along - all opinions are welcomed. PUSB.

Last edited:

ashbyjan

At the moment it can best be described us a group of concerned fans. It started of as a discussion on here between Brinner and myself about 3/4 weeks ago and has snowballed from there - tomorrow night we are meeting to formalise a structure with elections for a proper committee and structure, mission statement, strategy, plans etc. I would like SOC to take over the defunct SKY Blue Trust and become a supporters group that works on behalf of all supporters and not just a SISU out campaigning group but again that will be decided tomorrow. I will come on here on Friday to report the outcome of the meeting.

So at the minute SOC is just you and Brinner, but tomorrow night it will change to a properly elected board. Good stuff, can you please post the minutes up of each meeting?

ashbyjan

Not strictly true as there about 10 people who helped organise the protest on Saturday plus all those who came to the two meetings but SOC is in reality everyone who joined in the protest and anyone who wants to join us in the future.

dadgad

only by uniting and acting together can we hope to change things.

It would certainly hasten things if that were to happen.
Too many want to carry on as if nothing is wrong or - even worse - they accept its wrong but cannot bring about change.
This defeatist view is unhelpful imho.

It would certainly hasten things if that were to happen.
Too many want to carry on as if nothing is wrong or - even worse - they accept its wrong but cannot bring about change.
This defeatist view is unhelpful imho.

Whilst it is unhelpful, it is not a hindrence. People should be allowed their own opinions Dag

The Reverend Skyblue

Some agree with us Ashbyjan and some don't, but i would like to thank you for all the work you and Brinner are doing, infact all who have helped you so far organising and attending the protest
I can't go to meetings etc, but i know how much time this protest takes out of your valuable time, time when you should be at home with the family arguing and bickering like the rest of us.

The Rev

ccfcway

"tomorrow night we are meeting to formalise a structure with elections for a proper committee and structure, mission statement, strategy, plans etc. I would like SOC to take over the defunct SKY Blue Trust"

Never mind taking over from the SKy Blues Trust, with a mission statement and strategy, you could be the next chairman !

Users who are viewing this thread