Boycott the ricoh, new protest until sisu out (1 Viewer)

mememe

Most of Coventry has been boycotting the Ricoh for a few seasons already.

we reckon 3 to 4 games with 4 or 5 thousand attending would put the owners in financial situation where they would have to sell or place us in admin. What we can all agree on i am sure is we do not want to start life in league 1 with a 10 point deduction. better to take our medicine now and bite the bullet. get sisu out in 4 weeks .

dadgad

It's a good plan.
Trouble is some fans still cannot get their heads round the idea that they are supporting the club best by not going to the Ricoh. It is very hard for them. Going against the grain doesn't come easy to some folk, too novel, too revolutionary. Way too scary. Wooooh!!

Grendel

It's a good plan.
Trouble is some fans still cannot get their heads round the idea that they are supporting the club best by not going to the Ricoh. It is very hard for them. Going against the grain doesn't come easy to some folk, too novel, too revolutionary. Way too scary. Wooooh!!

Is this nonsense for real? Do you know where the Ricoh is -- it's in Coventry by the way.

Grendel

we reckon 3 to 4 games with 4 or 5 thousand attending would put the owners in financial situation where they would have to sell or place us in admin. What we can all agree on i am sure is we do not want to start life in league 1 with a 10 point deduction. better to take our medicine now and bite the bullet. get sisu out in 4 weeks .

Slight flaw in your dumb argument. There are 7,000 season ticket holders so we only get 5,000 - 6,000 pay on the gates. Most of these are kids and free tickets. Great idea -- not.

@richh87

Might not be plausible but no need to be so abusive Duffy.

I eagerly await the outcome of Save Our City's next meeting. We should all get behind them - SISU need to go as there's no future for this club with them at the helm.

"The protests aren't aggressive enough"

"The players don't like it"

"It won't work"

Just ditch the excuses people and show you want SISU gone.

Last edited:

I eagerly await the outcome of Save Our City's next meeting. We should all get behind them - SISU need to go as there's no future for this club with them at the helm.

"It won't work"

I have no excuses. This argument is going to really divide our fans now and staying away from the gound IMO is stupid for protests. If thats what you want to do then fine, personally I would like to see more fans singing anti sisu songs in the ground and more banners etc. A sit in after the game was an idea passed around last week...

A sit in would be good. You pays your money so you takes you moneys worth. Not a lot the club can do about it either. It might be worth contacting the council too. If you get permission from the council, as they own the ground then the club surely can't forcibly remove you.

mememe

Maybe some of us just dont understand . . . Sisu do not attend the games. . What on earth would they care if we wave banners chant and sing abusive songs. They cant hear you ! They cant see you ! They do not case. Losing 200.000 quid though? That they see and that they dont like. Hit your enemy in their weakest area its how we won wars and its how businesses eat each other up. . . The only way to get sisu out is to stop giving them the money. It isnt about not being a great fan because you dont attend. It is not about supporting the players, you stay away to support the players and the club by eventually hurting sisu financially. Personally i think only mugs attend the home games at the moment. . Your not doing the club any good whatsoever by feeding the monster that is sisu.

torchomatic

Sorry, call me an old spineless fucking scab :)wave:) but I could never boycott matches to that extent. I feel I need to support my team. More now than ever.

dadgad

Maybe some of us just dont understand . . . Sisu do not attend the games. . What on earth would they care if we wave banners chant and sing abusive songs. They cant hear you ! They cant see you ! They do not case. Losing 200.000 quid though? That they see and that they dont like. Hit your enemy in their weakest area its how we won wars and its how businesses eat each other up. . . The only way to get sisu out is to stop giving them the money. It isnt about not being a great fan because you dont attend. It is not about supporting the players, you stay away to support the players and the club by eventually hurting sisu financially. Personally i think only mugs attend the home games at the moment. . Your not doing the club any good whatsoever by feeding the monster that is sisu.

Spot on. But like I said some fans are so hidebound they cannot see past their noses.
This is a great shame because a united protest by all fans would bring this to a head quickly. As it is the sisu apologists and ostrich brigade are helping sisu kill the club. Not clever.

torchomatic

Personally, this kind of statement is where the boycotters start to lose my respect. Not clever indeed.

As it is the sisu apologists and ostrich brigade are helping sisu kill the club. Not clever.

dadgad

The "OSTRICH BRIGADE" are a bit like the partners in abuse cases. They stick around soaking up the ill-treatment but their very presence allows the abuse to continue.
Psychologically they are in a very weak position. They become "abuse enablers" a pitiful state to be in.
So many come on here and say; "I don't approve of Sisu but there's no way I'll stop supporting the club I love!"
Utterly deluded.....ah well, there's more out than in.

mememe

It has to be said at least 13 thousand fans have decided enough is enough already. I think your analogy is correct the supporters who blindly support are actually prolonging sisus stay . . . If we really want them gone dont give them your money. Season ticket holders could do their own bit by all attending the ticket office on the same day at the same time to demand their money back. They cant say no to 7000 of them. Like the man above said sisu just need a final push.

Grendel

"It won't work"

No need to be so abusive? From someone who calls me simple when they fail to respond to reasonable arguments I find that most amusing.

Still waiting for evidence I rubbished the protesters by the way.

Grendel

The "OSTRICH BRIGADE" are a bit like the partners in abuse cases. They stick around soaking up the ill-treatment but their very presence allows the abuse to continue.
Psychologically they are in a very weak position. They become "abuse enablers" a pitiful state to be in.
So many come on here and say; "I don't approve of Sisu but there's no way I'll stop supporting the club I love!"

Please tell me this is some kind of joke. Clubs sometimes have owners that cause issues. In the 70's Coventry made a ridiculous investment in an American soccer team (Detroit Express?) which ended up losing the club a fortune. They also signed Garry Collier and David Jones at the same time for a fortune and ended up offloading them for nothing. (one to said american team). The board ended up selling everything that moved.
In the early 80's we lost 11 first team players in one season. Then dear old Brian Richardson turned up. I have some fondness for the old chancer as he pulled off the big gamble for 10 years but we suspect he may not have been the height of integrity.
Then in my view the real villain of the piece. MgInnitty. Rather than take advantage of very different and loose administration regulations he embarks on a fire sale which makes today's activities look chicken feed - in addition to axing two managers who actually showed promise.
The point is this is nothing new. Clubs are owned by poor people. Time moves on.
Your hypothesis is plain stupidity. Even you must realise 100% boycott is impossible. It is just lazy and disingenuous to say if anyone turns up they are supporting SISU. How many clubs have even attempted this? Where is the evidence this would work?

@richh87

No need to be so abusive? From someone who calls me simple when they fail to respond to reasonable arguments I find that most amusing.

Still waiting for evidence I rubbished the protesters by the way.

I post from my phone - do I really have to dig it out? It was around the time when you were threatening to pay on the gate last Saturday because the protesters were annoying you. It'll be in your history of posts against your profile if you've conveniently come down with amnesia in order to attempt to win an argument.

Stop posting negative tripe and we can be best friends x

ccfcway

Simple idea and one that would look great, both on TV and on the stands...

Everyone turn up in Black, to symbolise the death of the club..

Carry that coffin around the ground and everyone pay their repects when it comes to rest at the statue !

Grendel

I post from my phone - do I really have to dig it out? It was around the time when you were threatening to pay on the gate last Saturday because the protesters were annoying you. It'll be in your history of posts against your profile if you've conveniently come down with amnesia in order to attempt to win an argument.

Stop posting negative tripe and we can be best friends x

The protesters in question were those who decided to call legitimate fans scabs.

Your definition of negative tripe is anything you disagree with unfortunately.

ajsccfc

Season ticket holders could do their own bit by all attending the ticket office on the same day at the same time to demand their money back. They cant say no to 7000 of them.

Of course they could. On what grounds can 7000 people demand a refund on something already used?

Grendel

Sorry, call me an old spineless fucking scab :)wave:) but I could never boycott matches to that extent. I feel I need to support my team. More now than ever.

I am glad you posted this as I was beginning to think I had entered some kind a parallel universe. The club is going downhill like a rate of knots and the solution is to stay away. I am now even being compared to an abuse victim for continuing to attend matches which I have paid a significant amount of money for.
People who take the moral high ground my refusing to attend are a joke, they don't attend, they never have, they never will (unless we play Man Utd even with SISU in charge and then they have always bled Sky Blue).

ajsccfc

This is quite silly. I hope you limbered up before stretching that simile beyond all reason.

Grendel

Season ticket holders could do their own bit by all attending the ticket office on the same day at the same time to demand their money back. They cant say no to 7000 of them. Like the man above said sisu just need a final push.

Is there a competition on that I have not heard about -- who can make the most stupid and moronic quote of the day?

dadgad

Is there a competition on that I have not heard about -- who can make the most stupid and moronic quote of the day?

Stand aside Duffy, you've had your say...
We all want this club to prosper.....what is unclear is how we go about achieving this.....in the long term.
I want CCFC to be able to turn this impasse around. To do this will involve change.
Unfortunately we (the fans) are powerless to affect change apart from one crucial area - within.
When the penny drops collectively the club may be reborn under new leadership or in a different guise.
In the meantime you carry on pinning your mast to a secretive, uninspired hedge fund who, in a boardroom somewhere, laugh at the blind faith of football fans who, no matter how much they're being shafted, still turn up, religiously.
The protest is at least a positive from a group of supporters whose passion cannot be questioned.
They have the right idea, you, meanwhile, just cannot face reality......and perpetuate the circumstances which continue to undermine this club.
Bravo.

dadgad

This is quite silly. I hope you limbered up before stretching that simile beyond all reason.

It is a pretty accurate simile - those that repeat a pattern of behaviour that's inconsistent with putative aims.
I agree, it is difficult for some to grasp.....(I said as much)...btw, you're not a self-harmer, are you?

Last edited:

Grendel

Stand aside Duffy, you've had your say...
We all want this club to prosper.....what is unclear is how we go about achieving this.....in the long term.
I want CCFC to be able to turn this impasse around. To do this will involve change.
Unfortunately we (the fans) are powerless to affect change apart from one crucial area - within.
When the penny drops collectively the club may be reborn under new leadership or in a different guise.
In the meantime you carry on pinning your mast to a secretive, uninspired hedge fund who, in a boardroom somewhere, laugh at the blind faith of football fans who, no matter how much they're being shafted, still turn up, religiously.
The protest is at least a positive from a group of supporters whose passion cannot be questioned.
They have the right idea, you, meanwhile, just cannot face reality......and perpetuate the circumstances which continue to undermine this club.
Bravo.

So according to you you are the fan and I after 40 years of continual support am not. OK. Just to educate you the term fan of course derives from fanatic which the Oxford English Dictionary defines as "a person whose strong admiration for something is considered to be extreme or unreasonable". In other words it transcends logical boundaries.
The ownership of SISU is an unfortunate obstacle but true fans will still support the entity which is the football club and continue to go. Which defines me. So regardless of ownership I will be there next home match and the game after that and no doubt next season as well. So this week such support has left be being labelled as the following;

Mentally challenged according to one individual
A scab and a traitor according to Valium and Haggis
A self harmer and abuser according to you

All in all getting a bit silly don't you think. You aren't a fan and I suspect never have been and never will be. If you are it's always been on the radio, in the papers -- any excuse not to attend. Today's excuse is SISU, tomorrow it's the cost, next it's the lack of quality football. You need a bandwagon before you get interested.

See you at the Ricoh next game, probably not probably never.

ajsccfc

It is a pretty accurate simile - those that repeat a pattern of behaviour that's inconsistent with putative aims.
I agree, it is difficult for some to grasp.....(I said as much)...btw, you're not a self-harmer, are you?

When you're equating abused partners with football fans who don't happen to share your specific philosophy, I wouldn't play the intellectual card in a hurry.

This kind of pigeonholing (sorry, OSTRICHholing yeah?) for instance:

As it is the sisu apologists and ostrich brigade are helping sisu kill the club. Not clever.

You're right, it's not clever.

Last edited:

@richh87

So according to you you are the fan and I after 40 years of continual support am not. OK. Just to educate you the term fan of course derives from fanatic which the Oxford English Dictionary defines as "a person whose strong admiration for something is considered to be extreme or unreasonable". In other words it transcends logical boundaries.
The ownership of SISU is an unfortunate obstacle but true fans will still support the entity which is the football club and continue to go. Which defines me. So regardless of ownership I will be there next home match and the game after that and no doubt next season as well. So this week such support has left be being labelled as the following;

Mentally challenged according to one individual
A scab and a traitor according to Valium and Haggis
A self harmer and abuser according to you

All in all getting a bit silly don't you think. You aren't a fan and I suspect never have been and never will be. If you are it's always been on the radio, in the papers -- any excuse not to attend. Today's excuse is SISU, tomorrow it's the cost, next it's the lack of quality football. You need a bandwagon before you get interested.

See you at the Ricoh next game, probably not probably never.

I've had a season ticket for 17 years now Duffy - to say that I and the other protesters never go is ludicrous.

The reason we did this is because money is the only thing SISU pay attention to. They make their decisions based on profit and loss figures and balance sheets. This was a little glimpse into the future for them in League 1, 2 or wherever their cost cutting will take us.

They are killing our club. The bastards chose not to even compete this season when they let half of our squad leave. They pretty much chose relegation.

I'm fanatical about this club - we all must be to be on this forum. We get ridiculed for being City fans and always have done, but this is the lowest we've ever been in my opinion. The are the worst owners we've ever had. They've sold and remortgaged everything we have - they're asset stripping us then moving it into a bloody Cayman islands account!

SISU have a reputation to uphold otherwise future investors won't bother with them. Their image can be battered by us by getting protests and things in the media - and It's working.

Hoffman is clearly in talks with them otherwise the faceless arseholes would have released statements saying they're not in discussions - that much is clear.

Delieu stated it was very hard to secure funding this season as SISU said "but the supporters hate us" so they do pay attention.

So we should ALL push the fuckers over the edge. Do ANYTHING to force them out. They're on the brink!

EleanorRigby

We have done the boycott thing no need to go back there, we must keep the kettle boiling though and do other things quickly. If as i heard on CWR is true and Fisher wants to meet the protesters it must of rattled someone's cage. I'd fuck him off for now and up the anti on sisu. Meet him when we want to not when he asks.

@richh87

We have done the boycott thing no need to go back there, we must keep the kettle boiling though and do other things quickly. If as i heard on CWR is true and Fisher wants to meet the protesters it must of rattled someone's cage. I'd fuck him off for now and up the anti on sisu. Meet him when we want to not when he asks.

Oh yeah I wouldn't propose another boycott. Protests can't be a bad idea though. The Southampton game was ideal for the boycott because it could hit them in the pocket. League games are no good as we've already paid.

My main point though is if we want better owners who WANT this football club then we should ALL, to a man, get pissing SISU off in every way.

Not bothering is just accepting the slow death of our football club.

Last edited:

Grendel

I've had a season ticket for 17 years now Duffy - to say that I and the other protesters never go is ludicrous.

The reason we did this is because money is the only thing SISU pay attention to. They make their decisions based on profit and loss figures and balance sheets. This was a little glimpse into the future for them in League 1, 2 or wherever their cost cutting will take us.

They are killing our club. The bastards chose not to even compete this season when they let half of our squad leave. They pretty much chose relegation.

I'm fanatical about this club - we all must be to be on this forum. We get ridiculed for being City fans and always have done, but this is the lowest we've ever been in my opinion. The are the worst owners we've ever had. They've sold and remortgaged everything we have - they're asset stripping us then moving it into a bloody Cayman islands account!

SISU have a reputation to uphold otherwise future investors won't bother with them. Their image can be battered by us by getting protests and things in the media - and It's working.

Hoffman is clearly in talks with them otherwise the faceless arseholes would have released statements saying they're not in discussions - that much is clear.

Delieu stated it was very hard to secure funding this season as SISU said "but the supporters hate us" so they do pay attention.

So we should ALL push the fuckers over the edge. Do ANYTHING to force them out. They're on the brink!

A little word of advice -- siding with Baghdad will not be the brightest of moves. Read between the lines and see the wood from the trees.

Users who are viewing this thread