BOYCOTT Season Ticket Purchases (4 Viewers)

torchomatic

So, will you be my friend if I say I love PWKH and ACL?

Oh well done Torchomatic, you have this internet stuff off to a tee, you turn round a pedantic comment specifically against you only................ into a round of internet bullying and intimidation against people intending to buy ST's whilst SISU are still trashing the club. No one actually said anything about everyone in general, just you, because you utterly grate with anyone of any ethical and moral stance against this disaster.

Grendel

Oh and you of course !

What protest will you do? Jump off the Herebert Art Gallery, ride naked across broad gate or just stay at he and moan at the radio?

Slagging season ticket holders is barrell scraping. Pack it in.

torchomatic

OK, so the comment was only aimed at me specifically. So if I don't renew and starve the club of my £300, then what? Will that make SISU pack up and leave.? You're happy for all the other STH to renew then?

Oh well done Torchomatic, you have this internet stuff off to a tee, you turn round a pedantic comment specifically against you only................ into a round of internet bullying and intimidation against people intending to buy ST's whilst SISU are still trashing the club. No one actually said anything about everyone in general, just you, because you utterly grate with anyone of any ethical and moral stance against this disaster.

Si80

But isn't next years season tickets already money been used as a loan this year?

No, that was last years ST's. In the same way that the re-mortgaged Ryton and then paid it back across the season to increase their operating funds.

ajsccfc

You ignore again what is the major concern here. I see posters openly on here say fans don't care about SISU. Now if that's our mentality of fans nowadays we deserve the shit were in. Years back the whole support would be behind getting rid of SISU nowadays the majority of supporters sit back and don't do anything! Then moan on here when were in the worst position this club has been since I was born.

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm pointing out that people committing the cardinal sin of being football fans wanting to watch their team are being slagged off, all the while as you complain that other fans who protested (a large number of whom would also continue to buy their season ticket next year) were slagged off.

If you're staying away, you have no right to criticise fans who want to go. If you're buying a season ticket, you have no place to criticise the people who wish to protest. There's no reason to cause a divide, particularly when you seem against one.

@richh87

I agree - boycott. After 17 years of season tickets 4 of us decided not to renew this season because of SISU. We've been up a few times this year, but won't renew until they are gone.

They are killing this club.

italiahorse

Part of the reason why this club is fucked is due to fans not standing up to the scum. The majority of fans have sat back and allowed SISU to walk all over us. And why we still fund SISU with ticket money, merchandise etc... They talk in one thing, money. If they had no income then they will not survive. The backbone of the city support has gone! I remember the days when fans united as one and stood up. Now it seems we just sit back and getting screwed over.

Sounds like a British Leyland shop steward. Bring back Maggie

pusbccfc

Well by the looks of it, they'll only be a few thousand season ticket holders.
Makes sense moving to the Butts.

theferret

Well by the looks of it, they'll only be a few thousand season ticket holders.
Makes sense moving to the Butts.

This is a wind up I'm sure, but it case it isn't, how can moving to a ground that holds less than 3000 with no corporate facilities possibly make sense? We would have the smallest ground in the top 5 divisions in England.

_brian_

I'm planning on buying a season ticket to show my support for CCFC, but then I'll send Sisu a message about what I think of them by boycotting all of the matches!

SBS

This is a wind up I'm sure, but it case it isn't, how can moving to a ground that holds less than 3000 with no corporate facilities possibly make sense? We would have the smallest ground in the top 5 divisions in England.

I doubt it'll ever happen, but purely from a football supporter point of view I'd love us to play at The Butts. I know financially it wouldn't work and it would be tiny, but I really miss having the ground close to the city centre. Few drinks in Earlsdon before the game then walk to the ground. I miss how local HR felt. The Ricoh has always felt like a motorway service stop to me, any further north and it wouldn't be in Cov.

Nonleagueherewecome

Me and my Season Ticket buddy aren't "boycotting" as such-it's hard to boycott something that isn't actually available to purchase :facepalm:

But we did agree on Saturday that we wouldn't follow the club if it moved from The Ricoh, and that we wouldn't renew if SISU still owned the club. We might go to the odd game. In the meantime we'll start following Leamington. Up The Brakes! Operation Blue Square Premier is a go-go!

Flying Fokker

I'm planning on buying a season ticket to show my support for CCFC, but then I'll send Sisu a message about what I think of them by boycotting all of the matches!

Sorry dude, it doesn't work like that.....SISU will get some of your money regardless of whether you are loyal to CCFC. The best way of staying loyal is to go to match days and pay on the gate. Forget the season ticket until SISU are gone.

Flying Fokker

Me and my Season Ticket buddy aren't "boycotting" as such-it's hard to boycott something that isn't actually available to purchase :facepalm:

But we did agree on Saturday that we wouldn't follow the club if it moved from The Ricoh, and that we wouldn't renew if SISU still owned the club. We might go to the odd game. In the meantime we'll start following Leamington. Up The Brakes! Operation Blue Square Premier is a go-go!

You mean you actually like football:D

Nonleagueherewecome

You mean you actually like football:D

I actually love non-league football as well. So today's events and the prospect of this dragging on into next season has tipped me firmly into the "time for a new club" camp!

magic82ball

I genuinely hope all the mugs that buy a ticket get screwed over. Are you people thick? this club came within inches of not having a ground to play at this year.

This is serious and requires a revolution, not selfish individuals who would rather not boycott because they would have nothing else to do on a saturday, sooooo short sighted.

torchomatic

I actually love non-league football as well. So today's events and the prospect of this dragging on into next season has tipped me firmly into the "time for a new club" camp!

ooh, you'll be getting a Well Done sticker from, Ash.

Grendel

I genuinely hope all the mugs that buy a ticket get screwed over. Are you people thick? this club came within inches of not having a ground to play at this year.

This is serious and requires a revolution, not selfish individuals who would rather not boycott because they would have nothing else to do on a saturday, sooooo short sighted.

Power to the people Wolfie

ohitsaidwalker king power

When I first read this thread- as a 35 year consecutive season ticket holder I thought "how dare you tell me what to do..?" heart quickly jumping ahead of head in the annual close season debate since SISU tenure. But as the day has unfolded and I read more I'm wondering if those that advocate a boycott might not have a point?
How much longer can these owners drag my beloved football club through the mire, they have lost every single ounce of credibility. I'm on the cusp of breaking a lifelong habit, if as they now threaten, SISU do take the club outside of the city, I will truly be hard pushed to renew our season tickets.

I never thought I would ever write those words.:(

Macca

I don't really have an opinion really. Each to their own. However I don t get this whole self attached hero status to being a season ticket holder. Ultimately you ve decided to watch football in your free time, great. Not healing the sick or helping the poor exactly is it?

Macca

You excuse SISU all the time. They are the cancer of this club and we should all be trying to out them! Not keep giving them money! Why can't you see that?

Were you the one who was offended by PKH1V?

If so this post is a little ironic!

theferret

I don't really have an opinion really. Each to their own. However I don t get this whole self attached hero status to being a season ticket holder. Ultimately you ve decided to watch football in your free time, great. Not healing the sick or helping the poor exactly is it?

Where has anyone said otherwise? You're seeing things that aren't there.

To defend yourself against those who label you a 'moron' for buying a ST is not the same as elevating yourself to hero status is it?

theferret

You have to be pretty thick to think a boycott will have much impact. There are plenty of clubs in this league who survive on gates of 3K-4K, some even make a profit. A boycott and they would simply slash the wage bill by off-loading players and bringing in kids and non-league players happy to play for a few hundred quid per week. It wouldn't be difficult, and in fact it might even be easier to run the club under those conditions because there would be no pressure to produce on the pitch. SISU may well know their days are numbered, but if they plan to cling on out of sheer stubbornness then a boycott will have little or no impact whatsoever.

torchomatic

No, it's not. Similarly I can't understand the bile towards those who are season ticket holders either. They aren't child murdering paedophiles, are they?

torchomatic

This was kicked off by Ashdown because I simply said I'd buy one and I always will. Nothing more than that.

Where has anyone said otherwise? You're seeing things that aren't there.

To defend yourself against those who label you a 'moron' for buying a ST is not the same as elevating yourself to hero status is it?

letsallsingtogether

Yes but those clubs own there own grounds no matter where CCFC play they will have to pay rent and up front because who would trust them.
If they stayed at the Ricoh the going rate is £400,000 so with gates of 4000 they would not survive even with a squad of 15 players on £200 per week
You have to be pretty thick to think a boycott will have much impact. There are plenty of clubs in this league who survive on gates of 3K-4K, some even make a profit. A boycott and they would simply slash the wage bill by off-loading players and bringing in kids and non-league players happy to play for a few hundred quid per week. It wouldn't be difficult, and in fact it might even be easier to run the club under those conditions because there would be no pressure to produce on the pitch. SISU may well know their days are numbered, but if they plan to cling on out of sheer stubbornness then a boycott will have little or no impact whatsoever.

magic82ball

Sorry and where would these games be played? The only asset SISU have left is the good faith of the supporters, without this they have no other source of revenue other than the pittance the club receives from the league. SISU would have no option but to either continue to bankroll the club with no prospect of recouping the funds, or walk away. Not a too disimilar scenario to the one they currently face.

theferret

Yes but those clubs own there own grounds no matter where CCFC play they will have to pay rent and up front because who would trust them.
If they stayed at the Ricoh the going rate is £400,000 so with gates of 4000 they would not survive even with a squad of 15 players on £200 per week

If we stayed at the Ricoh gates would not be 4000. They also wouldn't pay 400K to play there. For what its worth, Walsall average 4K, pay 400K a year rent and still make a profit (albeit with some help from their market). The fact remains, if SISU wanted to retain control they could still do it with reduced gates by effectively slashing the wage bill and downsizing the club. A boycott would achieve nothing.

Last edited:

Covstu

Ask SISU what they would prefer, your ST money up front or your £20 dripped into their coffers game by game?

no I ask myself what I prefer to pay the money monthly at a cheaper price or pay an extra £150 by paying on the gate. No brainer for me.

Covstu

I think also ask yourself what the players would want to walk out to gates of 8-10k or 3-4k? I think you would see a lot of our key players walk about of the club as we would be forced to sell due to lack of revenue plus it would look like the fans have given up also so why shouldn't they. This little protest would make a point (depending on what point you are trying to make) but ultimately hurt the club further and could be deeper in the shit.

sky blue john

It's not going to happen.
Thread is a waste of time.
The season ticket holders will only be swayed by the venue.
I'm totally pissed off with this season but give me another few weeks and ill be queuing for my season ticket. Looking forward to seeing the real fans in the queue :))

well make sure you got your boots you might be called upon. I'm expecting a lot of players to be gone with no replacements until everything is resolved which is likely to go into next season.

Users who are viewing this thread