Bournemouth predictions? (1 Viewer)

Maverick

Watched their game today and they looked pretty handy to be honest. Massive step up from the likes of Barnsley. Unfortunately I will have to predict a 2-0 loss

capel & collindridge

Two top half of the table teams. So nothing much in it, then?

Perhaps a chance here for the side that's 12th against the team that's 4th and due to lose for the first time this season?

It not like we are no-hopers in this game. Not like we're playing the team at the top of the table! Forget their name, but they scored 20 seconds into their first game without their opponents even touching the ball. Not surprisingly, they're now two points clear at the top (with Reading). Lucky we're not playing them. Obviously, they would play us off the pitch!

Brighton Sky Blue

Two top half of the table teams. So nothing much in it, then?

Perhaps a chance here for the side that's 12th against the team that's 4th and due to lose for the first time this season?

It not like we are no-hopers in this game. Not like we're playing the team at the top of the table! Forget their name, but they scored 20 seconds into their first game without their opponents even touching the ball. Not surprisingly, they're now two points clear at the top (with Reading). Lucky we're not playing them. Obviously, they would play us off the pitch!

I don’t get why we’re talking about league positions like they have any meaning after 3 games!

capel & collindridge

I don’t get why we’re talking about league positions like they have any meaning after 3 games!
Perhaps I was being too subtle. But I just felt like celebrating the fact that we changed from a bottom half of the table side (13th) to being a top half side (12th) this afternoon without kicking a ball. In fact it was highly likely we would. As long as either Norwich or Bournemouth won their game today when they played each other, we would go ahead of the side who lost on goal difference. If they had drawn we'd still be 13th.

Of course league table don't have much meaning after three games, but they still matter. I'd much rather be where we are than where Forest or Derby are. League position never guarantees anything at any stage in the season. But it is probably a better predictor of the next game's result than some of the suggestions on this thread, like how much this team's striker cost, whether that team was poo when you last watched them, whether half their team has changed or they're in free fall and so on.

Guessing where you'll end up at the end of the season requires some knowledge and skill. Guessing the result of the next game involves more variables and is much more a question of chance. Use a pin or toss a coin.

So I'll take a chance and predict we'll win 2-1 and move up to 4th in the table, equal to Bournemouth with identical GD.

Magwitch

Bournemouth is the perfect test to see how far we have come and need to go to cement our championship status. They ain’t going to be far away from the promotion mix all season imo. 1-1 my prediction.

fatso

People forget that we play better against better teams, and we are getting fitter and more used to this league with every game we play. None of the teams we've played so far (only 3 I know) have found us easy.
I think we will get a point from this one 1-1.

Covstu

Even though they haven’t had a great start, it will be a tough tough game. I think they will have too much for us 1-2 loss

clint van damme

hope there's at least another 5 goals like QPR, the more entertaining we are the more Sky appearances to swell the coffers.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Even though they haven’t had a great start, it will be a tough tough game. I think they will have too much for us 1-2 loss

How does two wins and a draw qualify as 'not a great start'?

They've beaten Blackburn who responded with a 5-0 against Wycombe and a 4-0 win against Derby. They beat Norwich 1-0, who probably on paper should be promotion contenders alongside Bournemouth. And they've played well against two Premier League outfits, one of which put out a fairly strong side.

Gibbo

I don't think being at home counts for anything when the stadiums are empty. Man U v Palace and atm Man C v Leicester being cases in point.
Ever the cassandra,I have to say that the evidence of playing behind closed doors seems to be that home advatage is negated quite abit

Philosorapter

I am glad Coventry is back on the TV again. I have missed watching football. One of good things of being in the Championship again.

Paxman II

Bournemouth I think will struggle as the season gets longer. For now they will be competative and we need to be careful not to hand them a goal or two. Do that and we will break through and win this encounter 1 or 2 nil

SlowerThanPlatt

Bournemouth I think will struggle as the season gets longer. For now they will be competative and we need to be careful not to hand them a goal or two. Do that and we will break through and win this encounter 1 or 2 nil

Why will they struggle as the season gets longer if they have one of the best squads?

Speedies_Chips

Ever the cassandra,I have to say that the evidence of playing behind closed doors seems to be that home advatage is negated quite abit
I had to look up who Cassandra was as I wasn't sure if you were having a go at me or not - lol.
I think we both agree that home advantage has diminished at the moment :)

Paxman II

Why will they struggle as the season gets longer if they have one of the best squads?

Again it's a matter of opinion. Best players have gone. They were very poor and got relegated. Now you make them out to be way better than they are? Not so for me. Think there is some turmoil at the club, unsettled players wanting away. New manager, tactics and I do not particularly rate many of their squad that remain. It's a game of opinions and we shall have to wait and see if I'm right.

SlowerThanPlatt

Again it's a matter of opinion. Best players have gone. They were very poor and got relegated. Now you make them out to be way better than they are? Not so for me. Think there is some turmoil at the club, unsettled players wanting away. New manager, tactics and I do not particularly rate many of their squad that remain. It's a game of opinions and we shall have to wait and see if I'm right.

Would you say we have a better squad than them if you don’t rate many of their players?

Kieranp96

Look at all the teams that have been in the prem recently that are now fighting relegation in the championship or have been relegated, not hating on Bournemouth I just think there time of over achieving is coming to a end.

Users who are viewing this thread