Match Thread Bournemouth Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Difficult game to predict, but it’s a perfect game for we are the new upstarts from division one they are the bruised ex premier team but still a good team on paper, good game for us and manager for that matter to judge us by and might dictate if MR brings someone in or not before the transfer window shuts. I’m sure we can win if we get our shooting boots on not enough shots at goal for me, don’t think we had one last game except the header off the bar. Think team will be unchanged unless Kelly is fully fit but I suspect MR might leave him until the game after this up and coming break. He might bring Shipley in for Allen, if weather conditions are poor.
I’ll go for a draw, 1-1

the rumpo kid

Are Bournemouth that great, regularly beaten home and away in the prem last season, lost a couple of players , maybe a bit big headed for this division at the moment. Don't think it will be an easy game by any means, but we ain't bad either. 3-2 again ,marveling at some great football, and pulling my hair out at some silly unnecessary mistakes. Pusb.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Difficult game to predict, but it’s a perfect game for we are the new upstarts from division one they are the bruised ex premier team but still a good team on paper, good game for us and manager for that matter to judge us by and might dictate if MR brings someone in or not before the transfer window shuts. I’m sure we can win if we get our shooting boots on not enough shots at goal for me, don’t think we had one last game except the header off the bar. Think team will be unchanged unless Kelly is fully fit but I suspect MR might leave him until the game after this up and coming break. He might bring Shipley in for Allen, if weather conditions are poor.
I’ll go for a draw, 1-1

Why would weather conditions dictate who's picked out of Allen or Shipley?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes, but maybe the bloke struggled to recreate the entire scene in the bedroom and got lost in the moment. I'm sure there is a Willie (Carr) joke in there somewhere, but I've got to get on with family stuff, so I'll leave that for others!

Willie got it up for Hunt.

shmmeee

Would like to see the stats between Allen & Shipley assists goals etc I bet Shipley is ahead of Allen

Goals: Shipley 5 in 31 (~1 in 6), Allen 1 in 11 (~1 in 10)
Assists: Shipley 5 in 31 (~1 in 6), Allen 3 in 11 (~1 in 4)
Combined: Shipley 10 in 31 (~1 in 3, just under), Allen 4 in 11 (~1 in 3, just over)

(All last season league only)

SlowerThanPlatt

Would like to see the stats between Allen & Shipley assists goals etc I bet Shipley is ahead of Allen

While I agree there isn’t much between the two players, using goals and assists stats aren’t the best way to measure. The only stat I would take seriously is a goalscoring record for a striker.

Shipley and Westbrooke had better goal and assist stats than Walsh last season

shmmeee

While I agree there isn’t much between the two players, using goals and assists stats aren’t the best way to measure. The only stat I would take seriously is a goalscoring record for a striker.

Bold statement when you consider the impact a data driven approach to transfers had had on our club.

shmmeee

I meant in terms of goal and assists not stats in general. A strikers goalscoring record is the only one I would take seriously.

Assist stats are poor, I’d agree. Doesn’t really capture who “made” a goal effectively. I wish there was cheap access to the full Opta style stats though.

SlowerThanPlatt

Championship TOTM compiled by Whoscored - Asmir Begovic the Bournemouth representative

jordan210

Ref watch with Jordan210

taken charge of 2 championship games and dished out 4 yellow in each.

Last season was in charge of 26 championship games. only gave 3 pens and 2 red. But loves to use his yellow.
betfair have Gustavo Hamer @13/5 to be carded

Alos was mic up for one game in Australia

cc84cov

Walsh played cdm thr others CAM will make a difference slightly

Happy_Martian

Posted my prediction in the previous prediction thread. We'll be up for the fight, we'll attempt to find the room we like to play with but Bournemouth will be too strong. I envisage a 3-0 defeat for the Sky Blues.

Having actually watched this seasons games (compared to listening to Clive on CWR), I can understand why Robins wants to pick Allen ahead of Shipley but when Shipley has come on in the CDM role, he looks out of place. He does the job satisfactorily but his natural ability is to move forward, not hold. With the assists numbers posted by Shmmeee, I'd like to see a comparison how many times Allen or Shippers were knocked off the ball or gave away possession due to bad passes. I believe Shippers would win that stat battle so for me, he should be the starter in the CAM role.

Offhegoes

I hope he gives Baka some minutes. He looked a different player pre-season, and would be really effective coming on for the last 20 if we're chasing or even defending a lead. Seems to prefer to bring on Walker to partner Godden and apart from the MK game it hasn't really worked (Bristol and Barnsley)

Users who are viewing this thread