Match Thread Bournemouth Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Difficult game and would accept a draw. Win would be phenomenal.

Marosi
Osti Fadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Giles
Shipley O'Hare
Godden​

Billson, McCallum, Rose, Pask, Allen, Baka, Walker

Assuming Kelly isn't fit yet.

Did um and ah about having McCallum in ahead of Giles as we're likely to need better defensive qualities this game, but with a clean sheet last game and Giles didn't play too badly it'd be harsh to change him.

Allen is also arguably a bit unfortunate as he does do a lot of unrecognised running but we're not getting Godden involved enough, Shipley has a more attacking edge and links better with a striker, so I'd give him a go. Given how much he tends to tire as games go on good chance Allen would replace him at some stage anyway.

Gibbo

Could Giles play in the Allen slot as an out-and-out winger? I love Giles's pace and it then allows Sam Mac to bolster the defence. Given how frequently we were advised last week just how poor Barnsley are in attack - which they then confirmed in reality - not too much should be read into the clean sheet at Oakwell.

I also thought people were saying Kelly would be fit or very close to being so, and so warrant at least a place on the bench.

SlowerThanPlatt

From what I have seen so far I’m going for an optimistic 1–1. Our defence will have to be on their game though, I thought Barnsley could had a goal or two with more finesse. Don’t see Bournemouth being as forgiving

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Could Giles play in the Allen slot as an out-and-out winger? I love Giles's pace and it then allows Sam Mac to bolster the defence. Given how frequently we were advised last week just how poor Barnsley are in attack - which they then confirmed in reality - not too much should be read into the clean sheet at Oakwell.

I also thought people were saying Kelly would be fit or very close to being so, and so warrant at least a place on the bench.

Why are we trying to find ways to shoehorn in players out of position when we have standbys who naturally play in that position available?

Why would we play Giles as a winger on the left but not have a winger on the right? Totally lopsides the team if you have LB/LW but a RWB

Liquid Gold

I have a good feeling about this, good time to play them, lot of churn and uncertainty there. We're in high spirits and they have to come to the trillion trophy tiki taka fortress. make it 7 from 4 and start to cement our place in mid table

jordan210

Worried about this one for some reason.

but if we play like we did after the goal at Bristol and how we did at times vs QPR we should be good

Gibbo

Why are we trying to find ways to shoehorn in players out of position when we have standbys who naturally play in that position available?

Why would we play Giles as a winger on the left but not have a winger on the right? Totally lopsides the team if you have LB/LW but a RWB
Because Giles has quality, wheras the alternatives are journeymen at this level. He's played there before, he's a professional footballer, so should be adaptable, and it is only a minor tweak. It's not as if I'm suggesting putting Godden in goal or anything, just asking Giles to concentrate on the thing so far that he has done best - get crosses in. And at the same time bolster the defence. Might not work, but hey.

Otherwise you have to ask why we have two loan players in the same position. Loans are usually among the most skillfull players in the team, and least likely to be dropped, but we have two left wing backs. It only makes sense if Norwich are paying Sam's wages or Giles can play forward. Otherwise it risks being a waste of a loan - the MCCallum thing has always looked an impromptu decision, brought about because they came knocking, but who knows.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But that would make the team:

. . . . . . .Marosi
. . . Osti Fadz Hyam McCallum
Dabo Sheaf Hamer
. . . . . . O'Hare . . . . . . Giles
. . . . . . Godden

Johhny Blue

Dabo on the right wing

Philosorapter

We do have home advantage which is always considered a bonus.

mark_ccfc

I think it will be the same starting 11 as for Barnsley unless Kelly is available, however the substitutions will be different.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

no, this...

Marosi
Osti, MacF, Hyam
Dabo Sheaf Hamer MacC
O'Hare Giles
Godden

either that or the same as Saturday

You said Giles should be played as an out and out winger ahead of McCallum. That isn't what that formation is.

If you want to play him as an ACM then i again ask why when we've got Shipley and Allen who are both naturally both far more accustomed to playing centrally. We also know Shipley has a decent shot from around the edge of the area and can link well with Godden. Giles is an unknown quantity in those respects. Seems an unnecessary experiment/gamble when we have options that already play there.

I'm picking what I think is the best team, not choosing who I think are our most talented 11 then trying to work out how to fit them all in.

christonabike

Pop down to the Craven club i will be there at half seven it’s like Highfield Rd you sit down beer comes and the feckers who smoke go outside the rear under cover door and all the smoke comes back in onto you so when you go home before 10 your mrs says where the fook have you been smelling of smoke and covered in makeup and lip stick. Oh Christ forgot to mention I may have popped to a boozer earlier!
PUSB

matesx

Pop down to the Craven club i will be there at half seven it’s like Highfield Rd you sit down beer comes and the feckers who smoke go outside the rear under cover door and all the smoke comes back in onto you so when you go home before 10 your mrs says where the fook have you been smelling of smoke and covered in makeup and lip stick. Oh Christ forgot to mention I may have popped to a boozer earlier!
PUSB
😂

fernandopartridge

Because Giles has quality, wheras the alternatives are journeymen at this level. He's played there before, he's a professional footballer, so should be adaptable, and it is only a minor tweak. It's not as if I'm suggesting putting Godden in goal or anything, just asking Giles to concentrate on the thing so far that he has done best - get crosses in. And at the same time bolster the defence. Might not work, but hey.

Otherwise you have to ask why we have two loan players in the same position. Loans are usually among the most skillfull players in the team, and least likely to be dropped, but we have two left wing backs. It only makes sense if Norwich are paying Sam's wages or Giles can play forward. Otherwise it risks being a waste of a loan - the MCCallum thing has always looked an impromptu decision, brought about because they came knocking, but who knows.

Giles had never played a game in his preferred position at this level before we played Bristol. He's an attacking wing back, hasn't got any of the attributes Allen has. Ridiculous idea.

Sky Blue Harry H

Stormy weather may be on its way. Storm Dennis(or some such name) may make it a bit wet and windy. Let's have a few corners for our defenders to attack!!

Users who are viewing this thread