Boro fan in peace.... (1 Viewer)

BoroCowps

Congratulations for last night. Did a job on us and deserve to be at Wembley.

Good luck in the final, I hope that the fact a Boro lad scored for you there in 87 is a good omen for you..!!

Also good to see you lot where you are after going through a lot of cr@p in recent years.

Gman1987

Thanks man. I think the difference between the two teams is you will more than likely be in the mix next year, for us we have benefited from the fact of Watford and other big players not getting their act together, such a unique chance. Carrick looks to be the guy for you and best wishes for next season

Flying Fokker

Good luck in the final, I hope that the fact a Boro lad scored for you there in 87 is a good omen for you..!!

Also good to see you lot where you are after going through a lot of cr@p in recent years.
These words mean a lot to me. Boro are a good side. We’re not there yet but we managed to edge it.

Skybluedownunder

Thanks for the nice message [mention]BoroCowps [/mention]

I honestly thought you guys would go on and win the playoffs. Carrick has done a remarkable job to turn you into such an attacking team and finally got a tune out of Akpom.

It’s been a great battle over these last 3 matches, sometimes I doubt the quality we have in our team and whether we deserve to be where we are or if we have just fluked it but to see we have not lost against you guys in 3 consecutive matches and kept clean sheets in two of them shows we deserve to be where we are.

You guys were unlucky a couple of times hitting the post, bar or being offside but it was a fun yet stressful tight affair. Wish you well for next season and hopefully we won’t have to play you as we will be getting pumped by the bigger boys haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Thanks man. I think the difference between the two teams is you will more than likely be in the mix next year, for us we have benefited from the fact of Watford and other big players not getting their act together, such a unique chance. Carrick looks to be the guy for you and best wishes for next season
Yes, it was more a question of who didn’t want the play-offs. Credit to the Boro for their points tally.

CJ_covblaze

Credit to them for what they've done throughout the season. Also got to say I'm struggling to think of many better home atmospheres. Good set of fans.

Irish Sky Blue

Having been to both of the recent games at the Riverside, I have been really impressed with the support for Boro. Last night in particular I thought the home support was great, really noisy. Mark Robins commented on the noise in the stadium in his post match comments. What really showed the class of some of your fans was how many were saying well done and good luck as we came out onto the street after the game. Classy team, classy fans.

South West Sky Blue

Easy to be really bitter when you lose, so fair play. Wasn't there last night, but this forum speaks well of your fans - pretty class.
Footballing ability wise, I think you were the best of the four teams in the playoffs. However you play to your strengths and in the end, we exploited your strengths & weaknesses better than you exploited ours.

The biggest touch of class I saw this season was Bilic (Watford manager) who positioned himself inside the tunnel to shake the hand of every one of our players after we'd just beaten them at their place. Can't have been easy to do when you've lost at home and know that you're close to the sack.

Last edited:

hill83

Those “Wembley nights” at a few of those nightclubs didn’t have much of a queue.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Saw a comment from one of your guys on Twitter and agreed with it - they said “Coventry’s two gun players turned up, Boro’s didn’t” I’d agree -and also as soon as Lenihan and McNair got booked I’d say the game changed.

Over 2.5 games, they were excellent against Gyokeres.

I’d echo Robins - you’re an excellent side, and it was bloody hard work for us

Calista

I wonder how much other teams' fans appreciate how much we've missed our two most creative attacking mids this season (O'Hare / Palmer), and how that has forced us to play pragmatic tactics that might not be so easy on the eye. Under the circumstances, Robins has turned a big negative into a huge positive.

Otis

I wonder how much other teams' fans appreciate how much we've missed our two most creative attacking mids this season (O'Hare / Palmer), and how that has forced us to play pragmatic tactics that might not be so easy on the eye. Under the circumstances, Robins has turned a big negative into a huge positive.
Yeah, they're our two most skilful players aren't they, besides Hamer.

Sky Blue Pete

Always does he’s priceless

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Credit to them for what they've done throughout the season. Also got to say I'm struggling to think of many better home atmospheres. Good set of fans.
I agree entirely. Was quite blown away by the home atmosphere for pre-match and the first 20 minutes. So different (understandably) to the Monday prior. I would have said the same had we lost, but the most pleasant opposition fans I have come across. Spoke to loads over the two trips and all were honest, helpful and gracious, wishing us luck for the final. Only slight downside was the policing last night was so different to the game prior. Their insistence about City fans not going certain routes (we were hoping to bump into some Boro fans we met the previous week at Hit the Bar) seemed overzealous and unnecessary. Carrick's done a great job and I certainly wish them well.

the rumpo kid

Are they regretting not giving wilder the £15m to buy Viktor at the start of the season ? Or would it have saved his job for a few months, and over all made this worse by not getting carrick ?

Grendel

Its sycophantic drivel - I don't care about Middlesbrough - not interested in them at all

shmmeee

Yeah big fan of Boro at the moment. Remind me a bit of Burnley before they properly clicked in the final third. We were always going to have to sit deep and counter.

Top 3 next season I reckon.

BoroCowps

Having been to both of the recent games at the Riverside, I have been really impressed with the support for Boro. Last night in particular I thought the home support was great, really noisy. Mark Robins commented on the noise in the stadium in his post match comments. What really showed the class of some of your fans was how many were saying well done and good luck as we came out onto the street after the game. Classy team, classy fans.
I was talking to a couple of your fans after the game on the way back to the town centre. Think they were surprised how many people were wishing them well in the final. To be honest Carrick's aim was to keep us up and getting where we ended up was a bonus.

General consensus is that its a year too early for us (similar to when we lost to Norwich at Wembley but went up the next year).

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I found them all to be ok and fair minded apart from one.
On train from Darlington to Middlesboro. a guy in his 30's said Middlesboro were going to thrash/hammer us. He even told me the score would be 6-0. I even pointed out out 1 out of 18 unbeaten run(whatever it is now as lost count) but he was still adamant and repeated when we got off the train. Gosh he was way out.

fatso

Have to say I've been very impressed with Middlesbrough and their fans, they are a proper club and I wish them well for next season.

vin10

A lot more class than the Sunderland mob at the minute😮😮

higgs

Great supporters you lot best of luck next season ye playing some great football

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

hill83

To be fair I don’t give a fuck either way. But some of the absolute bollocks and disrespect they were giving Coventry City when I was undercover from 11am in spoons in the city centre, whilst being too scared to say anything but being nosey and listening in, was laughable and as far as I am concerned they can swivel.

“These are shit”
“Can’t wait for Wembley”
“We’ll smash Luton”
“Hotel is booked”

Etc

Tbf also spoke to a load of decent people. But not having the love in.

johnb

Boro fan seeing my City shirt, stopped his car at the bus stop near my hotel this morning asking if I wanted a lift to the rail station which I took him up on. Class supporters.

theferret

Boro fan seeing my City shirt, stopped his car at the bus stop near my hotel this morning asking if I wanted a lift to the rail station which I took him up on. Class supporters.

Think I drove past you.You were wearing a home shirt, shaven/bald head? Was going to offer you a lift myself but the it occurred to me you might be a serial killer so thought better of it. Fair play to the Boro fan though.

johnb

Think I drove past you.You were wearing a home shirt, shaven/bald head? Was going to offer you a lift myself but the it occurred to me you might be a serial killer so thought better of it. Fair play to the Boro fan though.
Yep, that was me and had a permanent smile on my face as well.

Users who are viewing this thread