Bolton tickets (5 Viewers)

Grendel

The fans demand the EFL show some teeth - so it looks like they may remove the golden share unless they have fit and proper owners

No more Bolton

Tommo1993

Our fans make me laugh. Frustrated because BWFC aren’t releasing tickets or information. Not like they have bigger fish to fry is it!

oucho

The fans demand the EFL show some teeth - so it looks like they may remove the golden share unless they have fit and proper owners

No more Bolton

To be fair, nobody wants clubs to go out of business - fans want the EFL to "show some teeth" to get clubs to play ball and do what they should do i.e. fulfil their fixtures, play in their home towns, and so on. In order to do so, a plausible threat has to be made in order to force compliance - but don't confuse that with anyone actually wanting to see us/Bolton etc thrown out of the league.

kg82

Our fans make me laugh. Frustrated because BWFC aren’t releasing tickets or information. Not like they have bigger fish to fry is it!

Who’s frustrated? I think most have shown sympathy on the thread and tried to discuss what’s going on.

fatso

Genuine question - given that their big issue seems to be lack of money, how is it helping them to NOT be putting tickets on sale???

Very sad to see a club in this amount of strife. Whilst I have no particular affinity for them, they were the oppo in the very first game of football I ever saw when I was 8 years old (they looked like Luton in an yellowy-orange away kit). They've clearly over-stretched themselves over many years, but so did money clubs including ourselves. Hope they get themselves sorted, even if they have to "do a Rangers" in order to do so.
They can’t put tickets on sale if the game isn’t going to happen, and first they need a ground safety certificate, and that hasn’t been issued.
Selling tickets now would be fraudulent.
Also you need 11 players to start a game of professional football.

Saddlebrains

Surely going to get an answer one way or another regarding Bolton and Bury in the very near future? Season starts in 5 days, shambles in general, shame for both clubs

Grendel

To be fair, nobody wants clubs to go out of business - fans want the EFL to "show some teeth" to get clubs to play ball and do what they should do i.e. fulfil their fixtures, play in their home towns, and so on. In order to do so, a plausible threat has to be made in order to force compliance - but don't confuse that with anyone actually wanting to see us/Bolton etc thrown out of the league.

Er there are many ccfc fans who have said remove the share from sisu as they are not fit and proper owners

This is the reality of that process

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Maybe the rights to Bolton Whites Hotel. I can’t comprehend what he’d actually want.
My guess is he's hoping the club will offer to refund his flight which is madness. A) There is absolutely zero fault from the club B) It's been apparent since May that Bolton are in the shit, why would you book flights before confirmation. The sad thing is, it's everything that's wrong with modern culture. Blame someone, sue someone, take no accountability for any mistake you may have made. The clubs a sitting duck for morons like this.

Tommo1993

My guess is he's hoping the club will offer to refund his flight which is madness. A) There is absolutely zero fault from the club B) It's been apparent since May that Bolton are in the shit, why would you book flights before confirmation. The sad thing is, it's everything that's wrong with modern culture. Blame someone, sue someone, take no accountability for any mistake you may have made. The clubs a sitting duck for morons like this.

“FAO Mr Paul Appleton

Please see expenses attached for travel and accommodation. As Bolton Wanderers failed to host the game, I expect to claim these expenses from BWFC”

fernandopartridge

In any case, even if he has booked flights etc, football isn't the only thing in the world and even if it was, there are numerous other games on in the north west that day, or if not football, lots of other things to see and do in the north west of England. Sad twat.

eastwoodsdustman

Regarding the safety certificate, I'm sure there was a rugby game on their in the last week or so as I recall seeing the stand in the background when an interview was going on. Would they have had a safety certificate for that and would it be the same one for the football club?

skyblue1991

You couldn't have picked a worse example to back your point. The guy's made a hefty outlay by the sounds of it and is making a mild inquiry.
No, he made the point that he has booked flights and hotel and wants a 'wee gesture' from the club. A mild enquiry would've have been to ask when the tickets are on sale and left it at that.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

This mess has been going on for months, so why he even booked it all was a bit bold. But to expect a gesture, who does he think he is? Imagine if he thought we’d get to Wembley and booked travel, then wanted a “wee gesture” when we didn’t.

oscillatewildly

No, he made the point that he has booked flights and hotel and wants a 'wee gesture' from the club. A mild enquiry would've have been to ask when the tickets are on sale and left it at that.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
So what do you take as his wanting of a "wee gesture"?

ccfc92

He wants a gesture from CCFC?

If I was the club, I'd give him this.

giphy.gif

Esoterica

So what do you take as his wanting of a "wee gesture"?
Something back from the club to compensate for his own stupidity at booking flights and accomodation for a fixture that tickets aren't yet on sale for and for weeks have had a distinct possibility of never being.

I guess telling him to piss off would count as a wee gesture?

Nick

Administrator
Following extensive discussions with the Administrators of Bolton Wanderers, the ownership at Bury and the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) over the course of the weekend some progress has been achieved in regard to the respective challenges they currently face.

However, concerns do remain and both Clubs are required to provide confirmation to the League’s satisfaction that they can meet all outstanding commitments.

To give both Clubs the maximum opportunity to comply with the request, a deadline of 5pm on Monday 29 July has been set for them to provide the EFL with the necessary evidence. The 5pm cut-off point replaces the noon deadline issued to Bury, which was confirmed on Friday evening.

If the information is not received, the EFL Board is likely to suspend the opening day fixtures against Wycombe Wanderers (Bolton Wanderers) and MK Dons (Bury) under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

The EFL will continue to offer its full assistance and support to both Clubs in order to achieve the objective of securing long-term futures for them but with the season now a matter of days away there is no other option but for all outstanding matters to be brought to a conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread