Bolton tickets (2 Viewers)

skyblue1991

If tickets do go on sale tomorrow or Saturday I'll still be there anyways as I'm hitching a lift. Not sure how it affect those that already have bought tickets, surely they will have to be re-imbursed by the EFL/Bolton as they have stated the game will be going ahead?

theferret

My missus has just given me a strict 5pm deadline today to confirm if I'm going on Saturday. Something about making plans because we only have one car this weekend. The pressure. Come on Appleton you c**t.

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

I think that the real hammer blow for this club was the sale of the stadium to Wasps. Since that happened it has always felt as though our future is bleak. Bolton will survive and thrive again. Bury's future is more uncertain but I would think that their fans will still have a team to support in the future, probably playing at Gigg Lane. When will we have our club back? When will we even have our club back in Coventry? While we are a pawn for Sisu. Wasps and the council our future continues to be very uncertain. The only thing making the situation at all palatable is the relative success on the pitch.

The hammer blow was relegation and the subsequent mismanagement that meant we lost our stake in our own stadium. Then us giving up the long term deal we had in the hope of a better one backfiring.

There’s no route to our own stadium now. Well either be renting from Wasps or renting from Sisu.

Our best hope would be a freehold gifted to CCFC fans in perpetuity that they then lease to Sisu for a peppercorn rent to develop their own stadium to rent to the club. That way the club has an asset and it can be developed without the current nonsense.

For that to work we’d need to not be fighting like cats in a bag and shooting down any fan representation that doesn’t meet everyone’s desires 100% while flat out refusing to do anything different ourselves.

But blaming us is hard so yeah. Fuck the Wasps, fuck Sisu, I can’t be fucked, and neither can you.

ccfcway

I think I should, this is important shit. I may end up having to strip wallpaper or something equally horrific.

I’ll keep an eye out for their statement on this. I’m expecting it to go along the lines of...

“We have been in constant contact with Mr Ferret since we were made aware of the situation regarding this deadline. As the deadline has passed and we have not received the appropriate information needed, we are left with no choice than to instruct B&Q that Mr Ferret will be appearing on Saturday to complete his duties. We have set a deadline of next Saturday for these works to be completed”

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Our best hope would be a freehold gifted to CCFC fans in perpetuity that they then lease to Sisu for a peppercorn rent to develop their own stadium to rent to the club. That way the club has an asset and it can be developed without the current nonsense.

Agreed. I always called for the Ricoh lease to be rented to the club at £1 per year - that way SISU couldn’t take out debt against the Ricoh.

Good job the council didn’t allow a hedge fund to loan money against the Ricoh though hey. I mean that would be disgraceful behaviour

chiefdave

Yet still we have supporters who think we should pay similar to keep players when Championship clubs come sniffing around - cretins
And that sums up the problem. Fans, and I include our own in this, are constantly demanding transfer fees and wages be paid that clubs simply can't afford. Then when it goes wrong for someone as the money runs out people turn round and say its there own fault for overspending.

HerneBayGaz

Just been informed by the club that no tickets are going on sale today. And I was told to call first thing tomorrow

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And that sums up the problem. Fans, and I include our own in this, are constantly demanding transfer fees and wages be paid that clubs simply can't afford. Then when it goes wrong for someone as the money runs out people turn round and say its there own fault for overspending.
Our fans are worse.... they all shout NOPM and away games only - but they’re the first to moan when we sell players

The ones moaning about season ticket priority do my head in aswell

Marty

I don't like the way they keep telling us the game is definitely going to be on without releasing ticket news. Fair to assume now that this game will be played behind closed doors.

Ricketts

Perhaps CCFC could say let us have 1500 tickets and we will man the away turnstiles.

Not selling tickets, and therefore failing to raise as much money for creditors as he can, surely Appleton is failing in his job as an Administrator.

ccfcway

Perhaps CCFC could say let us have 1500 tickets and we will man the way turnstiles.

Not selling tickets, and therefore failing to raise as much money for creditors as he can, surely Appleton is failing in his job as an Administrator.

Imagine that !

Jcap

Talk of liquidation now from Bolton fans... may also be a reason tickets can't be sold legally if that's a possibility (I stand to be corrected)?

chiefdave

Guess their office staff will be heading home now so won't be going on sale today. At the very earliest you're looking at 9am tomorrow.

On the basis they've said pay on the gate isn't an option I'm struggling to see how this can go ahead. You can't have tickets only on sale for one day. What if the website falls over for 2 or 3 hours? We've all seen that happen when there's a rush for tickets.

ccfcway

Guess their office staff will be heading home now so won't be going on sale today. At the very earliest you're looking at 9am tomorrow.

On the basis they've said pay on the gate isn't an option I'm struggling to see how this can go ahead. You can't have tickets only on sale for one day. What if the website falls over for 2 or 3 hours? We've all seen that happen when there's a rush for tickets.

Also seen ticketmaster sell tens of thousands in the space of seconds for gigs, so they can more than cope with one day.

It happening is a completely different thing

Brylowes

Has
Such a massive shame that’s it come to this. Their problems are bigger than us losing out on an away day. In saying that, the game should be played or we get the 3 points. Any rescheduled fixture would put us at a disadvantage.
has any team ever been awarded the win and the points without the fixture even kicking off ?
The only possible way I could envisage this happening would be if hey pulled out altogether ‘and every other team received the same.

PurpleBin

Commites myself to knowing this won't happen now. Going with a mate to Liverpool v Norwich tomorrow night instead!

Users who are viewing this thread