Bolton tickets (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

EFL Statement: Bury FC update

Burys cup match next week has been postponed and they now have 14 days before they are kicked out of the league if they don't sort everything out.
Would this mean 3 points to every other team in the league due to there first 2 games being suspended, don't see how 2 teams would get the 3 points and have a extra game over the rest if us.

mark82

Their chairman was on Talk Sport last week - saying when he took over they had players on £9k a week, and others sitting at home on £4.5k

I'm sorry, but I have little sympathy for someone who hasn't performed the appropriate level of due diligence.

mark82

Yeah it was a few years ago, they were spending way more than they were bringing in.

Think he took over at Christmas last year. Don't think he's been there long. I remember the crazy signings they were making a couple of years back, assume its a hangover from that.

Marty

This may sound like a stupid question (and it probably is), but if this game is 'behind closed doors' will it be streamed on ifollow? I assume they'll have a normal match day set up just without the fans?

chiefdave

Would have thought so, if bolton have paid their internet bill.
Might up end being down to something like who pays the camera operators. If they're paid directly by Bolton they might be owed money and not turn up.

mark82

It's getting a bit silly now. They just need to decide what the hell is going on and announce it. At the very least but out an update.

Corrado

This may sound like a stupid question (and it probably is), but if this game is 'behind closed doors' will it be streamed on ifollow? I assume they'll have a normal match day set up just without the fans?
The EFL may well find an extra 5000 CCFC fans all appear on holiday at the same time....

chiefdave

It's getting a bit silly now. They just need to decide what the hell is going on and announce it. At the very least but out an update.
Even if they go on sale now they will only be available for 27 hours as they have said they have to go off sale at 5:30pm tomorrow. You'd have to be very confident your website could cope and you have enough staff on hand to answer the phones and all the ridiculous questions on social media. Put them on sale and mess it up and you're just adding to the problems.

Only way I can see it being on is pay on the gate but they've already said that's not possible.

mark82

Even if they go on sale now they will only be available for 27 hours as they have said they have to go off sale at 5:30pm tomorrow. You'd have to be very confident your website could cope and you have enough staff on hand to answer the phones and all the ridiculous questions on social media. Put them on sale and mess it up and you're just adding to the problems.

Only way I can see it being on is pay on the gate but they've already said that's not possible.

Pay on the gate seems most sensible, other than that they haven't paid staff. Not sure if they could get volunteers in to do it.

skybluesam66

Pay on the gate seems most sensible, other than that they haven't paid staff. Not sure if they could get volunteers in to do it.
Not sure I could confidently leave from home on Saturday morning without the risk that they would have changed their mind by 3pm

CJ_covblaze

Would this mean 3 points to every other team in the league due to there first 2 games being suspended, don't see how 2 teams would get the 3 points and have a extra game over the rest if us.

Any team not completing the season would mean any results involving them would be expunged. So all points would be removed from teams that won or drew against them. Goal difference would also be altered too. On the way to Manchester atm for a couple of nights. Looking like I’ll be watching Macclesfield v Leyton Orient on Saturday atm!

christonabike

Pay on the gate and Jim the gateman etc can pocket their wages and a few quid for a fish and chip supper on the way home and and the club can trouser the rest away Richardson style.
Job done.

Evo1883

Beyond ignorant to have not updated the fans by now from Boltons point of view

chiefdave

Would anyone really object if staff that hadn't been paid pocketed the gate money rather than handing it over to Appleton?

Skyblueweeman

Any team not completing the season would mean any results involving them would be expunged. So all points would be removed from teams that won or drew against them. Goal difference would also be altered too. On the way to Manchester atm for a couple of nights. Looking like I’ll be watching Macclesfield v Leyton Orient on Saturday atm!

You get a like for a factually correct post but also for the use of the word 'expunged'.

HerneBayGaz

Just can't see how they could sell all the tickets in just over a day. Some fans would miss out. The easiest would be to cancel the match and play at a later date. The problem being some have already bought train tickets in advance like myself. And my tickets are non-refundable.

christonabike

Would anyone really object if staff that hadn't been paid pocketed the gate money rather than handing it over to Appleton?
Would be funny them taking the cash and fooking off before the game starts lol!
*Except the City fans travelling wont get to see the game_LoL_! Funny gag*

Sky Blue Harry H

Come on sort it!
How hard is it to make a statement - disrespectful to both sets of fans (but especially Bolton's (although some of our fans could - potentially - be out of pocket, train fares etc)
Surely they have to make a statement of sorts today?

Pete in Portugal

I think they will try to get it postponed due to something like 'unexpected problems with stewarding and policing making it unsafe to go ahead with the game'. If they pull that trick, the EFL should insist that the game go ahead behind closed doors.

ceetee

Some people don't need much of an excuse to blame CCFC, and by association the owners, for anything

lifeskyblue

Just can't see how they could sell all the tickets in just over a day. Some fans would miss out. The easiest would be to cancel the match and play at a later date. The problem being some have already bought train tickets in advance like myself. And my tickets are non-refundable.

You are right it’s got to the stage where a tickets only game has become meaningless. The game should either be postponed (but that will have problems for Bolton in terms of punishment) or played behind closed doors (but not sure they can do that without prior league approval).
Whatever happens it is a real shambles and for those who, like yourself have already made travel arrangements, probably means a financial loss. Of course for Bolton fans it heaps more uncertainty re their future and whether or not there is a takeover or worse a club to follow.
What I don’t understand though is why no hard information from the club (Bolton) or the efl...they must be making contingency plans. Presumably city are in constant contact with the efl and are pushing for knowledge as to whether the game is on or not. Surely a statement from efl is needed sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Kieranp96

That was the other alternative, let's hope you're journey is not a waste, I won't be going now they have left it to late I'm not running around I will just listen to it.

clint van damme

Their chairman was on Talk Sport last week - saying when he took over they had players on £9k a week, and others sitting at home on £4.5k

Yet still we have supporters who think we should pay similar to keep players when Championship clubs come sniffing around - cretins

Kieranp96

Yet still we have supporters who think we should pay similar to keep players when Championship clubs come sniffing around - cretins
I believe hiwalu is on 4.5k a week and I should imagine godden and probably the 2 foreign wingers are on similar money, we ain't cheap but we don't spend outside our budget.

CJ_covblaze

That was the other alternative, let's hope you're journey is not a waste, I won't be going now they have left it to late I'm not running around I will just listen to it.

Comedy Store tonight. Will make the best of it if the game is off.

ccfcricoh

Once again the EFL proving how shite they are, no guidance whatsoever, they should have given Bolton clear procedures and deadlines to follow and the deadline to "prove" that they could play this game and give fans sufficient time to buy tickets and sort travel should have been about a week ago. If they didn't meet that, that should have been the end of it, game abandoned give us the win.

Either outcome now is a shocker
1 - it goes ahead and everyone overpays for travel and fights to get tickets, or can no longer make it
2 - it doesn't go ahead and people have already made arrangements etc (and the team have prepared to play!)

Users who are viewing this thread