Bolton tickets (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Blimey!

I thought Sterry wasn't too bad though?

Or am I delusional!?

Sterry was one of the only players from that season that came out with any credit. At least he looked like he knew what he was doing. Lewis Page on the other side was woeful and one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us.

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

Sterry was one of the only players from that season that came out with any credit. At least he looked like he knew what he was doing. Lewis Page on the other side was woeful and one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us.
No idea why Charlton paid money for him, still there too. Only 27 games in 3 years.

theferret

Are some of our fans actually all there? This bloke has kids.

There is a case for saying that though. Short term, Bolton are in a much worse position, and with likely relegation that will worsen. But, it is likely that they will be taken over, and that they will recover. Not certain, but likely. Our situation will rumble on for many years yet. The stadium situation, the lack of a home, is something that will blight us for the foreseeable future. We may be financially stable for now, but you wonder how long this situation can go on.

Edit: just seen the comments about the reason for no season ticket sales. That's mental.

ccfchoi87

There is a case for saying that though. Short term, Bolton are in a much worse position, and with likely relegation that will worsen. But, it is likely that they will be taken over, and that they will recover. Not certain, but likely. Our situation will rumble on for many years yet. The stadium situation, the lack of a home, is something that will blight us for the foreseeable future. We may be financially stable for now, but you wonder how long this situation can go on.

Yep, their situation and Bury’s will be resolved with a takeover. Even if we were bought tomorrow, we still don’t have a home.

covboy1987

The situation in the short term leading up to Xmas will be controlled on results - if we do poorly then expect major backlashes particularly on attendance at home and away - The next Phrase from Xmas onwards, fans will be demanding action and some direction - is it back at the Ricoh or are you building a ground - no ifs or buts

Magwitch

Our situation is potentially worse than that at Bolton or Bury. I don’t trust Wasps or sisu to come up with a long term suitable or workable agreement.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Our situation is potentially worse than that at Bolton or Bury. I don’t trust Wasps or sisu to come up with a long term suitable or workable agreement.
Bury are close to going under now. I don’t see how our situation is worse. We could be somewhat nomadic - we’d have to cut our cloth which may result in a weaker team but I wouldn’t say we’re in any threat of going under

Jcap

Edit: just seen the comments about the reason for no season ticket sales. That's mental.
yep, was referring to that comment!

Irish Sky Blue

I think that the real hammer blow for this club was the sale of the stadium to Wasps. Since that happened it has always felt as though our future is bleak. Bolton will survive and thrive again. Bury's future is more uncertain but I would think that their fans will still have a team to support in the future, probably playing at Gigg Lane. When will we have our club back? When will we even have our club back in Coventry? While we are a pawn for Sisu. Wasps and the council our future continues to be very uncertain. The only thing making the situation at all palatable is the relative success on the pitch.

skybluesam66

I think that the real hammer blow for this club was the sale of the stadium to Wasps. Since that happened it has always felt as though our future is bleak. Bolton will survive and thrive again. Bury's future is more uncertain but I would think that their fans will still have a team to support in the future, probably playing at Gigg Lane. When will we have our club back? When will we even have our club back in Coventry? While we are a pawn for Sisu. Wasps and the council our future continues to be very uncertain. The only thing making the situation at all palatable is the relative success on the pitch.
What would turn that around is Promotion
If we were a Championship team with potential 500,000 footfall a season and much more exposure, I would expect the council and Wasps to be much more interested

chiefdave

What would turn that around is Promotion
If we were a Championship team with potential 500,000 footfall a season and much more exposure, I would expect the council and Wasps to be much more interested
Would they? They've quite happily turned away over 200K customers without batting an eyelid. A huge impact on both their partners, such as the car parking company, and surrounding businesses. What indication is there that if those numbers increase they'd change their stance?

skybluesam66

Would they? They've quite happily turned away over 200K customers without batting an eyelid. A huge impact on both their partners, such as the car parking company, and surrounding businesses. What indication is there that if those numbers increase they'd change their stance?
as the Championship is the 4th? biggest league in Europe
Much more profile than the 3rd Division as Bolton and Bury are finding out - nobody really bats an eyelid within the Sky Sports world of Football

SKYBLUES90

Bolton haven’t tweeted anything since yesterday morning. Can you imagine the meltdown our fans would be having on twitter now if it was the other way around.

pusbccfc

Genuinely is a joke. Again, where are the EFL here? We're playing an away match and the fans don't know if it's going to be on or not.

Grendel

Bolton haven’t tweeted anything since yesterday morning. Can you imagine the meltdown our fans would be having on twitter now if it was the other way around.

They still are - still will be our clubs fault

Johnnythespider

Genuinely is a joke. Again, where are the EFL here? We're playing an away match and the fans don't know if it's going to be on or not.
Despite both clubs commenting regularly that the game will go ahead ? There might not be any fans there but i think it will be played.

theferret

Our fans still are!

Are they? There's a few comments on twitter, and the odd crazy one, but Bolton fans aren't exactly jumping through hoops about it either. Did you see the meltdown they had over the ticket prices! I'm sure every set of fans would be annoyed, especially if you had booked a train etc.

Users who are viewing this thread