Boddy and Comms at Club (1 Viewer)

theferret

DK is obviously trying to increase the revenue, he will be more frustrated than you. Everyone has said, the commercial side was a shambles when he first took over. It takes time to turn things around.

I'm not saying he is doing everything perfect and likely is making mistakes but in the grand scheme of things. I don't think it's worth getting bend out of shape about.

I don't think anyone is that arsed, but these are fair observations.

Also, if we're talking about ST sale dates, match ticket info and sale release, ST despatch, kit announcements and availability, I think it is far to say it was far better last summer than it has been this year. Maybe you have to take a few steps backward in order to move forward. I assume there are reasons.

croatskyblue

Not really, if it happens again next season then I would agree with you.

The kit, I would imagine, is likely down to changing distributors (or something like that, I don't remember the actual reason). It was looking like we were going to lose Hummel but the powers that be didn't let that happen. Which the vast majority of city fans are happy with.

JSB packages have started to be sent out and as long as you get you ST before the first home game, does it really matter?

As for tickets & pricing, you know if you're going to the Boro game or not. You know when the game is, you know what time and I'm sure you can work out that ticket prices will be a few quid more than last year.

It's easy to call them basics but when there are massive changes to personnel, infrastructure, techniques, technology, etc. A million basics become quite a big deal.

DK is obviously trying to increase the revenue, he will be more frustrated than you. Everyone has said, the commercial side was a shambles when he first took over. It takes time to turn things around.

I'm not saying he is doing everything perfect and likely is making mistakes but in the grand scheme of things. I don't think it's worth getting bend out of shape about.

I think this is very fair. Not perfect by any means and I think there are some people in jobs that shouldn’t be there- but you have to acknowledge that in a pretty short space of time the place is being transformed.

mmttww

That said, it does amaze me how triggered and upset some people get
Edited - other people have said it better than me. Basically, I can let a few things slide this summer with everything that's getting done and the mess that was inherited. If it happens again next summer, that won't be good enough.

Last edited:

SkyBlueMatt

They operate that sort of package at my local club Elche. Nice touch always with a small gift. Maybe that’s the delay, it’s a packaging and free gift hold up….🤔

Oh Jesus, don't bring up free gifts...

It would make sense that it is the delay, Doug and his brother folding and gluing 19000 boxes.

Last edited:

bawtryneal

cfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/news-local-bands-and-artists-wanted-for-from-our-coventry-homes-half-time-feature/

Great initiative !

djr8369

King is clearly hyper obsessed about increasing revenue from any source, which is good. But it then makes confusing that season tickets weren’t released between the semi final and final when interest was at its maximum with non-regulars, why the kits are being released so late and tickets for league games still aren’t on sale.

Get smashed at Lesta and you’ll likely sell fewer for Boro, for one example.
Again was that explained as they were changing merchants or something in the ticketing sales system?

Brighton Sky Blue

But that was clearly a promotion to try and get people to buy into the £500 package?
Yes but you could choose where your seat was. As soon as we got to the play offs the other tickets should have become available.

Pretty sure King agreed

djr8369

That was back in May

Shouldn't be affecting things now whatsoever
As I said earlier in the thread, wasn’t there an update to say they were awaiting final decision for match day prices? Assume that is Kings decision and I’m sure he is aware the first home game is coming up. I’m also sure prices will be out before that game. Does it really matter?

Maybe there are more pressing things to sort out like other singings.

Ashdown

As I said earlier in the thread, wasn’t there an update to say they were awaiting final decision for match day prices? Assume that is Kings decision and I’m sure he is aware the first home game is coming up. I’m also sure prices will be out before that game. Does it really matter?

Maybe there are more pressing things to sort out like other singings.
Does it really matter ? Not to you obviously….

djr8369

Does it really matter ? Not to you obviously….

Yes, unbelievably I am talking from my own point of view. Staggering I know and obviously I should be able to see the perspective of everyone.

But it feels like a relatively minor issue compared to say, not having a usable pitch.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Again was that explained as they were changing merchants or something in the ticketing sales system?
I think that's what they cited for delays getting ST up for sale and a fe won here seemed a bit dubious as to why that would have had such an impact. The situation with the kits is bizarre though, i can't remember being this close to a season without having an away kit even revealed?

Having said all of this, when balanced against the activity in the transfer market it looks quite clear we are headed in the right direction and hopefully next pre-season is alot more slick. I'd be a bit worried if we saw similar issues again.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The shirt issue the youngster love to go to the first game in their new one.The ticket situation how can a family plan if they don't know prices.The club shop must be the worst in the division.When we were selling Wembley tickets and moving seats 2 serving 1 dealing with phone calls.(championship club)As for receiving them nothing changes some will have to get temporary ticket again.
Things might be going well with the football side of things but the commercial side is terrible. If DK want to get the money in he has to get this sorted

alexccfc99

Tbf the commercial side has been wank this off season

Name another club who havent got kits released for sale 3 games into the season, an away kit not even announced and match ticket prices still not known 10 days before the first home game?
If you are over the age of 12 and you are upset that a replica football shirt isn’t going to be with you for the first game of the season then you seriously need to grow up in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread