Boddy and Comms at Club (1 Viewer)

donald_trumps

What the hell is going on at the club - the comms and certain aspects of the club that Boddy runs seem to be an absolute shambles this season. Surely the key people (Boddy and comms guys) are in the process of being moved on?

mmttww

We're busy rebuilding a squad, sorting a stadium and training ground that were left to rot, all with three weeks less than normal. If comms. and a few things like the kit aren't handled perfectly, I'll get over it. Suggest you try and do the same.

mmttww

It’s pretty piss poor that we haven’t announced anything in regards to ticketing for the first home game of the season and haven’t made away tickets available for Middlesbrough tbf. It’s only 12 days away.
Agreed, but if we grab another striker this week that's as decent as the signings so far, and the tickets are sorted last minute, I'm OK with some things falling short this time. We'll still sell the tickets.

Grendel

I still haven't forgiven Boddy for 9/11 or the global financial crisis tbh.

Id have thought someone like you who only occasionally bothers to turn up and watch live football at the CBS would want to know how much games are and match day availability

Or is it you don’t actually bother at all?

PVA

Id have thought someone like you who only occasionally bothers to turn up and watch live football at the CBS would want to know how much games are and match day availability

Or is it you don’t actually bother at all?

hqdefault.jpg

Grendel

Do us all a favour and put the bottle down, then show us on the doll where the nasty man Boddy touched you.

Sorry? I haven’t started this thread or commented on him on this thread?

Making fun of sex abuse as well.

Classy that

SBAndy

We're busy rebuilding a squad, sorting a stadium and training ground that were left to rot, all with three weeks less than normal. If comms. and a few things like the kit aren't handled perfectly, I'll get over it. Suggest you try and do the same.

Not really an excuse though is it. Unless our comms team are also our scouts/groundsman. It’s reasonable to expect more than one thing to correctly function at a time.

mmttww

Not really an excuse though is it. Unless our comms team are also our scouts/groundsman. It’s reasonable to expect more than one thing to correctly function at a time.
Don't disagree, just not gonna get bothered by it. I don't think any of the things which could've been handled better will have consequences beyond the summer. All the things the club has done, and done well, help us short, medium and long term. I'll let the odd gaffe slide.

bawtryneal

What the hell is going on at the club - the comms and certain aspects of the club that Boddy runs seem to be an absolute shambles this season. Surely the key people (Boddy and comms guys) are in the process of being moved on?
Do you have an example of shambolic communication you can share or are you just being a drama Queen and controversial.

Grendel

Do you have an example of shambolic communication you can share or are you just being a drama Queen and controversial.

i assume it’s referencing the fact match day prices aren’t available with the season starting this weekend

letsallsingtogether

i assume it’s referencing the fact match day prices aren’t available with the season starting this weekend
They still have another week with the first game sold out and away.
People need to chill.
BTW has anyone had their ST yet?

donald_trumps

Think it has been fairly obvious! I think anyone with any kind of knowledge of marcomms and operations can see it has been an absolute shitshow this preseason.

SBAndy

They still have another week with the first game sold out and away.
People need to chill.
BTW has anyone had their ST yet?

Nope, but we can’t demand too much now can we.

I have received my JSB membership though. Shame it’s for my younger brother and, if anyone had taken the time to do even a few seconds’ checking of the data, they’d have realised I’m a 31 year old with a full purchase history of season tickets and my brother has been a JSB for the last 2 years.

We’re yet to have a formal announcement of our away kit which we’ll likely need to play in in 5 days’ time. The home kit won’t be dispatched until 2 games into the season.

It may seem I’m getting my knickers in a twist about nothing but it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

letsallsingtogether

Nope, but we can’t demand too much now can we.

I have received my JSB membership though. Shame it’s for my younger brother and, if anyone had taken the time to do even a few seconds’ checking of the data, they’d have realised I’m a 31 year old with a full purchase history of season tickets and my brother has been a JSB for the last 2 years.

We’re yet to have a formal announcement of our away kit which we’ll likely need to play in in 5 days’ time. The home kit won’t be dispatched until 2 games into the season.

It may seem I’m getting my knickers in a twist about nothing but it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.
It's the same every year so dont see why people are surprised, they always have trouble with the ticket printing.
I am lucky I'm not here for the first couple of game so my ticket SHOULD be here by then.

BTW I havent received anything for my Granddaughters first JSB.

Grendel

Hobo

Titter ye not ! .. Don't laugh! ....No Missus!

Attachments

• further_up_pompeii_lwt.jpg
    further_up_pompeii_lwt.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 26

theferret

The fact match tickets are not on sale is a bit odd though? I know it'll be sorted, I expect an announcement in the next couple of days, but it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Given the noise the club made about cash flow when explaining why ST sales were delayed, you surely get tickets on sale as early as possible? Must be a valid
reason.

donald_trumps

The fact match tickets are not on sale is a bit odd though? I know it'll be sorted, I expect an announcement in the next couple of days, but it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Given the noise the club made about cash flow when explaining why ST sales were delayed, you surely get tickets on sale as early as possible? Must be a valid
reason.
Yes, something isn’t right behind the scenes. I am sure all will become clear soon. Very odd as so much of the club is moving in the right direction, but these areas have dropped right back.

croatskyblue

reason.

There was a massive meltdown with people crying about season tickets not going on sale when they wanted them to- then we promptly sold record numbers of them.

It’s not ideal but they’ll sell, this is all way over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread