Boddy and Comms at Club (1 Viewer)

djr8369

I think that's what they cited for delays getting ST up for sale and a fe won here seemed a bit dubious as to why that would have had such an impact. The situation with the kits is bizarre though, i can't remember being this close to a season without having an away kit even revealed?

Having said all of this, when balanced against the activity in the transfer market it looks quite clear we are headed in the right direction and hopefully next pre-season is alot more slick. I'd be a bit worried if we saw similar issues again.
Agreed. It seems the shirt issue is most likely down to delay in sorting sponsors. There’s so much going on at the club, and so many things changing for the better, that it’s understandable a couple of thinks might be delayed or not ideal.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If you are over the age of 12 and you are upset that a replica football shirt isn’t going to be with you for the first game of the season then you seriously need to grow up in my opinion
If it was only about shirt it would not be so bad it's everything they do .Ask 10 of your freinds who are not City fans when the first home game or even who we are playing is see how many know.

Saddlebrains

If you are over the age of 12 and you are upset that a replica football shirt isn’t going to be with you for the first game of the season then you seriously need to grow up in my opinion

I couldnt give a shit mate. My kids and im sure thousands of others do.

Again, has any other club not released their away kit/ got shirts on sale for the start of the season?

Cant bleat about income then not do the basics

alexccfc99

Thats irrelevant. Because you dont support them. Hes obviously saying the people of Coventry/ those who attend a few games
I’d hazard a guess that if you are interested enough to attend a few games then you will be fully aware who the first home game is against

twistandshout

To be fair you can't criticise Doug commercially. Delay on Season tickets and demand ramps 19000 sold add 4000 away tickets and only 5000 match day tickets will be available. Delay the release of these to whip up a frenzy and they will sell out no matter the price.

Ashdown

To be fair you can't criticise Doug commercially. Delay on Season tickets and demand ramps 19000 sold add 4000 away tickets and only 5000 match day tickets will be available. Delay the release of these to whip up a frenzy and they will sell out no matter the price.
Pathetic mate

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Eric Cartman might have already employed this strategy some time ago.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I don't think we will sell all those 5,000 but with a little bit of advertising maybe and there is nothing better for selling a club to people who don't go regular than a sell out crowd.The next game these non regulars who can afford it decide to get their ticket earlier so as not to miss out .If you think price doesn't matter try talking to some of those who are not regular and i'Il bet cost comes up often.

chiefdave

I wish my life was in a place where I had the energy to be bothered about not getting a new kit until a couple of weeks into the season

We know the club has ben run like shit and on a shoestring and it's pretty clear things are changing but there's a lot to change. Is it ideal? Of course not but I'm prepared to give a new owner a bit of time to get things sorted

Especially when some these things have clearly already been identified as issues as there's been job ads for new staff

Now if we've still got the same problem this time next year then there's something to moan about

clint van damme

I wish my life was in a place where I had the energy to be bothered about not getting a new kit until a couple of weeks into the season

We know the club has ben run like shit and on a shoestring and it's pretty clear things are changing but there's a lot to change. Is it ideal? Of course not but I'm prepared to give a new owner a bit of time to get things sorted

Especially when some these things have clearly already been identified as issues as there's been job ads for new staff

Now if we've still got the same problem this time next year then there's something to moan about

We've had one normal preseason in the last 4 or 5, (obviously not Kings fault), but it does start to get draining.

People are only asking for normal things that are in place at every other club to be in place here.

Obviously there are a lot of good things happening but that shouldn't mean people ignore the amateurish stuff that happens.

mmttww

Obviously there are a lot of good things happening but that shouldn't mean people ignore the amateurish stuff that happens.
I don't think anyone's arguing to ignore that stuff, just keep it in perspective. 'Boro is going to be the busiest first home game I'll have been at as a CCFC fan which I'm buzzing about. Just waiting to see how much tickets will cost!

croatskyblue

You seriously can't be trying ro defend this, it's ridiculous.
We play our first game of the season in a few days and our new kits not available.
That's poor.

I’m not trying to defend anything, it’s not good, but I am also saying that the constant, never ending, incessant whining, moaning and completely over the top catastrophising of every single tiny thing, with zero perspective, by some people is stupid. Soon as this is sorted it will be something else to have a hissy meltdown about, whereas while this isn’t good, in the scheme of things its really not the end of the world, the club is undeniably on the way up, and its all happening in not very much time.

Hobo

You seriously can't be trying ro defend this, it's ridiculous.
We play our first game of the season in a few days and our new kits not available.
That's poor.

The trouble is there are commercial kit suppliers and then a pecking order. Our sales are still pretty average

clint van damme

I’m not trying to defend anything, it’s not good, but I am also saying that the constant, never ending, incessant whining, moaning and completely over the top catastrophising of every single tiny thing, with zero perspective, by some people is stupid. Soon as this is sorted it will be something else to have a hissy meltdown about, whereas while this isn’t good, in the scheme of things its really not the end of the world, the club is undeniably on the way up, and its all happening in not very much time.

I get your point but we've had a constant stream of issues to deal with which doesn't seem to happen at other clubs, it gets tedious. Again I appreciate much of it didn't happen on King's watch.

clint van damme

The trouble is there are commercial kit suppliers and then a pecking order. Our sales are still pretty average
Fairly sure the delay was related to sponsorship.
There are plenty of teams whose sales are less than ours whose supporters have been able to uy kits ahead of kick off at the weekend.

Ashdown

It’s the lack of communication of information that is the most irritating issue. Just indicate dates and reasons and people can work round things.

Users who are viewing this thread