Boddy and Comms at Club (1 Viewer)

theferret

There was a massive meltdown with people crying about season tickets not going on sale when they wanted them to- then we promptly sold record numbers of them.

It’s not ideal but they’ll sell, this is all way over the top.

What's way over the top, saying it's a bit strange but it will no doubt be sorted and there must be a valid reason? Proper hyperbolic that!

donald_trumps

Examples? “Absolute shitshow” is pretty strong
Not at all. I am specifically talking about specific business functions in the club. Most areas at the club are thriving making the performance of ops and marcomms even stranger. I can’t actually believe you are asking for examples. You must be blind. I have no reason to provide examples. The comms of the club over the last few weeks are there for all to see and if you haven’t the awareness or business acrumen to understand what I am saying then there is probably no point explaining it to you. I am not here to teach you the basics of business bro.

croatskyblue

Not at all. I am specifically talking about specific business functions in the club. Most areas at the club are thriving making the performance of ops and marcomms even stranger. I can’t actually believe you are asking for examples. You must be blind. I have no reason to provide examples. The comms of the club over the last few weeks are there for all to see and if you haven’t the awareness or business acrumen to understand what I am saying then there is probably no point explaining it to you. I am not here to teach you the basics of business bro.

Ah I see, you are on the wind up

mmttww

If 'marcomms' is a word people use...

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

clint van damme

Tbf the commercial side has been wank this off season

Name another club who havent got kits released for sale 3 games into the season, an away kit not even announced and match ticket prices still not known 10 days before the first home game?

It must be costing us ticket sales.
Not releasing STs after winning the play of semi definitely did. We need to get everything you've mentioned sorted for next closed season.

bawtryneal

Just have worked in these areas of business a long time
You have worked in those areas of business for a long time and you call people "bro".
If you are that experienced you will appreciate there will be a good reason for delaying ticket sales. Incompetence will not be one of them.
If you are that experienced you will not need examples of reasons for delay 😉

djr8369

Didn’t the club already produce an update mentioning a change in merchant delaying some things and final decision (I presume from King/Boddy) on math day prices delaying others?

donald_trumps

You have worked in those areas of business for a long time and you call people "bro".
If you are that experienced you will appreciate there will be a good reason for delaying ticket sales. Incompetence will not be one of them.
If you are that experienced you will not need examples of reasons for delay 😉
You boys are so black and white. Where in the rules does it say I have to be mr corporate on a football message board! Lol. Loosen up a bit bro, I am here as a fan, not doing my day job

SkyBlueMatt

How is any of it going to really impact you? Ticket prices will likely be a few quid more than last year. Wear last year's shirt for the first couple of games.

I would imagine a lot is changing behind the scenes which has led to the delay. Let's not make a big deal out of it.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

How is any of it going to really impact you? Ticket prices will likely be a few quid more than last year. Wear last year's shirt for the first couple of games.

I would imagine a lot is changing behind the scenes which has led to the delay. Let's not make a big deal out of it.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I mean it is quite a large deal isn it?

Home kit isn't actually being delivered / available in store until 3 games in
Away kit not even revealed, 5 days before the first away game
No dispatch of Season tickets or JSB packages
No Match tickets for home games 11 days before the first one
No prices for match tickets released, 11 days before the first one

On the pitch and training ground etc, yes he's doing brilliantly. The commercial side is non league and the basics aren't being done, so I feel its fair to call it out. Cant sit and tell people we need more income then be dog shit at commercial

AndreasB

A lot of the delays and missteps are more likely to be down to King…eg ending up with KoS on the shirts which probably shafted a production and on sale timeline.
Would suspect he is the one who is dithering over ticket prices. Might be the right thing to do but the comms is now all over the shop.

NortonSkyBlue

On the pitch and training ground etc, yes he's doing brilliantly. The commercial side is non league and the basics aren't being done, so I feel its fair to call it out. Cant sit and tell people we need more income then be dog shit at commercial
I know you are a well known doom and gloom merchant but honestly tell us how any of the above list you compiled has affected you in real life?
I know I have bought a season ticket and ordered a home shirt and spent a bit more than last close season and I expect that I will sit in my seat at the Middlesbrough game wearing my new shirt. Chill for god sake.

Ashdown

I’ve been waiting for match ticket/ match package information to be able to make a commitment to purchase …..but also to arrange around travel as I spend a lot of time abroad now.
I can see a few potential positives happening with signings ( although all still unproven as a team yet in the Championship ) .ST sales have been tremendous but that’s more down to the fans than the club.
The kits are pretty awful it appears and the availability very disappointing no doubt for some.
In short, I’m excited about this season but typically it never all seems to run smoothly with CCFC.

Brighton Sky Blue

King is clearly hyper obsessed about increasing revenue from any source, which is good. But it then makes confusing that season tickets weren’t released between the semi final and final when interest was at its maximum with non-regulars, why the kits are being released so late and tickets for league games still aren’t on sale.

Get smashed at Lesta and you’ll likely sell fewer for Boro, for one example.

theferret

Tbh I'm not that concerned by these delays, it's a bit odd, but it'll be sorted I'm sure.

That said, it does amaze me how triggered and upset some people get if the clubs commercial operations are criticised or questioned, it's like they take it personally.

croatskyblue

On the pitch and training ground etc, yes he's doing brilliantly. The commercial side is non league and the basics aren't being done, so I feel it’s fair to call it out. Cant sit and tell people we need more income then be dog shit at commercial

priorities.. is it more important to keep people like you happy (an impossible task), or bringing in the money and assembling a team capable of challenging. Record season ticket sales, record kits being ordered, tickets will no doubt fly when they come out, and all at a higher price than before. More good (and permanent) signings any preseason since god knows when, with more to come. Proof is in the pudding and everything is going just fine.

Saddlebrains

I know you are a well known doom and gloom merchant but honestly tell us how any of the above list you compiled has affected you in real life?
I know I have bought a season ticket and ordered a home shirt and spent a bit more than last close season and I expect that I will sit in my seat at the Middlesbrough game wearing my new shirt. Chill for god sake.

I've been quite chipper on here last couple of weeks I reckon

I'm not angry about it or wound up. I'm pointing out that its very poor commercially, and its a bit strange that Kings all about maximising revenue yet all the above is happening commercially.

Hes dragging us into a top 6 championship club on the pitch and training ground, but the commercial side is very L2

Saddlebrains

priorities.. is it more important to keep people like you happy (an impossible task), or bringing in the money and assembling a team capable of challenging. Record season ticket sales, record kits being ordered, tickets will no doubt fly when they come out, and all at a higher price than before. More good (and permanent) signings any preseason since god knows when, with more to come. Proof is in the pudding and everything is going just fine.

Il come back to these kind of responses if/when people don't get their ST's or shirts when they expect them and the bitching and whining kicks in

Samo

Yup, its not a good look.
And our media team (if there is one) are awful. The website is a mess, there are constant errors and it isn't maintained properly. Just take a look at the under 21's page for example; players still listed as 'out on loan' from last season, no up to date pictures or squad numbers, and if you go into player profiles there is fuck all in there!
Ok I accept that it might not be a priority, and I'm sure DK will get around to it but it all looks so unprofessional.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have they managed to deliver your new home shirt to Croatia?

SkyBlueMatt

Not really, if it happens again next season then I would agree with you.

The kit, I would imagine, is likely down to changing distributors (or something like that, I don't remember the actual reason). It was looking like we were going to lose Hummel but the powers that be didn't let that happen. Which the vast majority of city fans are happy with.

JSB packages have started to be sent out and as long as you get you ST before the first home game, does it really matter?

As for tickets & pricing, you know if you're going to the Boro game or not. You know when the game is, you know what time and I'm sure you can work out that ticket prices will be a few quid more than last year.

It's easy to call them basics but when there are massive changes to personnel, infrastructure, techniques, technology, etc. A million basics become quite a big deal.

DK is obviously trying to increase the revenue, he will be more frustrated than you. Everyone has said, the commercial side was a shambles when he first took over. It takes time to turn things around.

I'm not saying he is doing everything perfect and likely is making mistakes but in the grand scheme of things. I don't think it's worth getting bend out of shape about.

Grendel

ajsccfc

While we're selling record numbers of everything it is also pretty rubbish that there's no solid info on match tickets and nobody will have a 23/24 kit until a few weeks into the season. It's all a bit familiar after years of minimal effort from the top, but hopefully with all the improvements that seem to be a priority this is the last year of this kind of thing and we're operated a bit more like a normal club from now on

Users who are viewing this thread