Blues...off the pitch (5 Viewers)

joemercersaces

I'm a bit concerned to learn that I might be 'chased' by a gang of teenagers, some wielding knives. That's me bolloxed then as I'll never outrun one teenager let alone a whole pack of them. I'd be hunted down and skinned alive. Might as well get filleted where I stand as have the indignity of them doing it whilst I'm bent over retching and gasping.

I suppose the only choice will be an honourable end, kick the mouthiest fooker as hard as possible right in the goolies and see how much they really want it.

It's quite fun being a cyber warrior!

CUS Wyken

Absolutely not. Its called supply and demand and we're firmly in the entertainment industry. Compare it with an overpriced concert ticket. If they were not filling the grounds they couldn't demand the prices. At the Ricoh we offer poor value for sub-standard low level football, hence we charge the prices of a tribute act. Chelse v Liverpool or whatever the other quotes were are in line with the top performers today and comparable with a Take That concert (yeah I know I'm out of touch with music too).

Difference is an overpriced concert ticket is once a year if that. Football is a weekly cost. Factory workers on less then £7 an hour can't afford a football ticket especially if they own a house, car, kids etc... Whereas 25 years ago they could.

Ho ho ho.

So as someone who's clearly ignorant and uneducated, what am I missing when I condemn running battles on Earlsdon high street in front of families, or the fact that people are wary of bringing their children to a game for fear of being caught up in trouble? Genuine question, this. I'm happy to see the error of my ways in the face of some actual justification outside of mentioning loyalty and tradition or what have you.

What happened against Fester at Earlsdon was unacceptable...end of.

ajsccfc

Football's definitely skyrocketed price-wise, regardless of who can still/now afford it. When you look at some season ticket prices in the top division it's obscene.

Is it Germany where it's still relatively sensible?

There is no association between Cov and Blues....there is a business interest, and therefore some friendship, between a few individuals, that's all.

Believe me, Blues do not see Cov as a threat, in any regard.

CUS Wyken

What happened against Fester at Earlsdon was unacceptable...end of.

Out of curiosity.... How many 'innocent' people were injured that day? The police even stood there and watched it unfold. I see uneducated further up the thread. Too many are brainwashed by the media, that's uneducated. End of the day you see more trouble up town on a Friday/saturday night. Doesn't mean drinking should be banned from town centres.

- football violence is rare in Coventry and England overall. I think there is certainly worse things going on in life and the country.

LloydyCCFC

Jesus Christ we are shitting ourselves! Lets call in some help from the villa boys, or even better the Green Street Elite :facepalm:

stupot07

Difference is an overpriced concert ticket is once a year if that. Football is a weekly cost. Factory workers on less then £7 an hour can't afford a football ticket especially if they own a house, car, kids etc... Whereas 25 years ago they could.

To be fair everything has gone up in the last 25 years - the average house price was about £44k it's now £166k, gallon of petrol cost £1.70 it's now around £6, etc

ajsccfc

Then surely 80% of folk at the weekend in town will be nicked? Difference is football fans are easy target for police to up there arrest figures. Bit like car drivers easy pickings

There's no way in hell 80% of people are being disorderly. It's Coventry, not Mogadishu.

Changeyourface

Football's definitely skyrocketed price-wise, regardless of who can still/now afford it. When you look at some season ticket prices in the top division it's obscene.

Yes but they never got rid of terracing, hence the low prices, big crowds and great atmosphere. Thankfully it looks like the SPL are introducing safe-standing.

Out of curiosity.... How many 'innocent' people were injured that day? The police even stood there and watched it unfold. I see uneducated further up the thread. Too many are brainwashed by the media, that's uneducated. End of the day you see more trouble up town on a Friday/saturday night. Doesn't mean drinking should be banned from town centres.

- football violence is rare in Coventry and England overall. I think there is certainly worse things going on in life and the country.

CUS, I am with you on this one, mate...you know that....and you raise a good point about the OB (who have just as much, if not more, to answer for with regard to aggro at football)....why did they place greater significance on filming the incident, rather than protecting innocent members of the public at Earlsdon???

Football fans are policed unlike any other section of society...the way we are treated on a Saturday afternoon, particularly away from home, is nothing short of a disgrace...no wonder it kicks off with such over-zealous and heavy handed policing.

ajsccfc

They've got that fan ownership rule there too. Maybe when more clubs begin to collapse football will become a little more grounded again, although I can't see it any time soon.

CUS Wyken

To be fair everything has gone up in the last 25 years - the average house price was about £44k it's now £166k, gallon of petrol cost £1.70 it's now around £6, etc

Exactly and that has priced many out of owning a car, first time buyers etc... Same as football. Normal hard working folk getting priced out. Rich get richer... The poor get poorer

CUS Wyken

I do try to avoid both as much as possible nowadays.

Same as mate but it's got worse, especially the sky dome. Attitude everywhere you go.. I stay local myself and maybe head to scholars And then oak. haha see some right states at 4am in there. Makes me feel normal

ccfctommy

Same as mate but it's got worse, especially the sky dome. Attitude everywhere you go.. I stay local myself and maybe head to scholars And then oak. haha see some right states at 4am in there. Makes me feel normal

Oh no. Hopefully you didn't see me in there. I was twisted Saturday just gone! :laugh:

torchomatic

I remember going to Old Trafford for the first time. It was £1.25 to get in for away fans.

CUS Wyken

Oh no. Hopefully you didn't see me in there. I was twisted Saturday just gone! :laugh:
I was in there the Saturday before... God knows how many jagers by the end of the night.... I done the classy joints that night my local the Devon and then the Jag haha.

ThisManHere

Are the two fat chav twins still running around with the Legion? Horrible little fuckers.

What about 'Big Kev' ? Didn't he have a bash at cage fighting and get battered?

EleanorRigby

Been reading this bollox about crews from Brum coming over for "business" let them come any serious disorder will be filmed studied and in about 2 months time old bill will be knocking their doors at about 5am one Sunday morning and they will be taking over the cells about to be vacated by the dummy Brummy looters.

CUS Wyken

Are the two fat chav twins still running around with the Legion? Horrible little feckers.

Twins are good lads and as for the other lad, great lad and He's a class act on the cage fighting circuit.

EleanorRigby

On the eve of a Birmingham fixture I remember, in fact witnessed a well know Coventry based gammy eyed so called Zulu being warned off on a Friday night while working the doors at the Parrot, by the one of the guys who formed the Legion, this was early 80s. Was one of the most peaceful Brummy derbies i had been to

CCFC123

i was talking to a brum fan and he tells me they dont have a mob following them anymore and its just a few idiots like at most clubs and as for these zulu's they dont exist anymore.

is this a wind up thread?

ccfctommy

Are the two fat chav twins still running around with the Legion? Horrible little feckers.

I went on a lads holiday with them several years ago. That was an experience.

CCFC Germany

Quite affordable.
Between 150,- and 250,- GBP per season ticket in German second division.

Mr pot

Well I've got three 11 yo's coming Saturday with us, parking down Lythalls Lane near the CTSC. I hope Bedlam Lane doesn't live up to its 'name'. I've got to walk over that rec ground to get to the stadium. Hope the morons don't congregate there.

I missed it about 3 years ago when it kicked off - where was the trouble based then?

Users who are viewing this thread