Blackburn scores on the doors (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Saw some people having a go at O’Hare on here- weird. Good summary

Moore - 7. Kicking was fairly poor but a vital save towards the end (although it was a long way from the away end so happy to be corrected and told it was blocked)

Dabo - 7. Nullified their threat very well when he moved to the left second half

Hyam - 6 not his best game

Fadz - 5. Their first goal highlighted his lack of pace. Personally love him and would have him in the side every game but first goal today we have to accept will happen from time to time with him at the centre of the back three

Rose - 9. Fantastic and the calmest player on the ball today. Unbelievable last ditch block in injury time to hold onto a point

Kane - 6. Would’ve got a 4 if it weren’t for the assist. Clearly can’t play left side. Roasted by Nyambe all first half

Sheaf - 5. Clearly his fault for the second goal. Still, give him time. He’s going to be a good player and didn’t deserve a lot of the abuse he got today. Played well apart from the error. It seems when Sheaf makes a mistake it always ends up in a goal

Kelly - 7. Nothing to say really. Just goes about his job as he has done since league 2. Lovely hit for the second goal

Ohare - 7 was generally good. Frustrating moment when he didn’t shoot at one point but he has class

Walker - 7 hold up play was very good today. Doesn’t have the running power of Vik but seems to have bulked up a bit from last season. Proper strikers finish for our first. Still think long term that him and Vik are the answer

Vik - 7. Didn’t get into the game first half but second half was class. Great work to set up the second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAM See

Moore - 7. Kicking was fairly poor but a vital save towards the end (although it was a long way from the away end so happy to be corrected and told it was blocked)

Dabo - 7. Nullified their threat very well when he moved to the left second half

Hyam - 6 not his best game

Fadz - 5. Their first goal highlighted his lack of pace. Personally love him and would have him in the side every game but first goal today we have to accept will happen from time to time with him at the centre of the back three

Rose - 9. Fantastic and the calmest player on the ball today. Unbelievable last ditch block in injury time to hold onto a point

Kane - 6. Would’ve got a 4 if it weren’t for the assist. Clearly can’t play left side. Roasted by Nyambe all first half

Sheaf - 5. Clearly his fault for the second goal. Still, give him time. He’s going to be a good player and didn’t deserve a lot of the abuse he got today. Played well apart from the error. It seems when Sheaf makes a mistake it always ends up in a goal

Kelly - 7. Nothing to say really. Just goes about his job as he has done since league 2. Lovely hit for the second goal

Ohare - 7 was generally good. Frustrating moment when he didn’t shoot at one point but he has class

Walker - 7 hold up play was very good today. Doesn’t have the running power of Vik but seems to have bulked up a bit from last season. Proper strikers finish for our first. Still think long term that him and Vik are the answer

Vik - 7. Didn’t get into the game first half but second half was class. Great work to set up the second

O'Hare is getting a few mixed reviews on here. I love him, but he does need to have a dig more often in my opinion.

Kelly saw a chance and had a go. Result? Goal.

Would love to see Callum having a pop like Liam did.

SlowerThanPlatt

O'Hare is getting a few mixed reviews on here. I love him, but he does need to have a dig more often in my opinion.

Kelly saw a chance and had a go. Result? Goal.

Would love to see Callum having a pop like Liam did.

There was a stat the other day that he’s had the most shots in the Championship without scoring. I think there becomes a point where you have to accept he just isn’t capable of contributing goals

ms639

Moore 7 - not much he could do about the goals and a couple of class saves towards the end. Solid
Kane 5 - assist stopped him from getting a 3. Battered in the first half looked like a fish out of water, robins saved him with the switch
Hyam 6 - not his best game, one solid last ditch tackle before the end possibly stopped us losing the game
Fadz 6 - lack of pace did us for the first goal, looked like a cruise ship trying to 180 but huge in the air and an assured presence generally
Rose 8 - bit of a shaky start but saved certain goals at the end
Dabo 7 - solid and saved Kane’s blushes by switching to LWB 2nd half. Never really lets us down
Kelly - 7 decent strike for the goal and always solid, does the simple stuff 100%
Sheaf 6 - flatters so deceive does some stuff amazingly then pulls an absolute clanger too often, young and a bit naive but will come good
O’hare 7 - his end product today was a bit questionable but he’s constantly a threat and other teams know it, draws defenders and creates space for others, his average games still create opportunities for others
Vik 6 - not one of his best games ran into dead ends a lot but class feet for Kell’s goal, perhaps a little fatigued / less focussed after international duty
Walker 6 - took his goal well, great movement. Masked an otherwise terrible performance, if he can regularly pull off one moment of brilliance then who cares but jury still out

Hamer 7 - just a touch of class going forward, seeks the offensive option and always a class above on the ball

Wag-horny, horny, horny N/A

Last edited:

kg82

Kane getting some harsh ratings. He wasn’t great first half but by no means the worst player. Second half he was decent and got a good assist, so odd to see some low ratings.
Ah, it’s always the same. People have got their favourites and their boo boys. Kane and Sheaf get it from most. Sheaf today because of one pass (though I’ve no idea why Rose was firing it into him like that) even though he looked good the rest of the game. It’s a bit boring, but it’s their opinion.

TomRad85

Ah, it’s always the same. People have got their favourites and their boo boys. Kane and Sheaf get it from most. Sheaf today because of one pass (though I’ve no idea why Rose was firing it into him like that) even though he looked good the rest of the game. It’s a bit boring, but it’s their opinion.
Kane joined Sheaf and Walker on the hate list before he even played a game. Its all very odd.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Moore 7 - not much he could do about the goals and a couple of class saves towards the end. Solid
Kane 5 - assist stopped him from getting a 3. Battered in the first half looked like a fish out of water, robins saved him with the switch
Hyam 6 - not his best game, one solid last ditch tackle before the end possibly stopped us losing the game
Fadz 6 - lack of pace did us for the first goal, looked like a cruise ship trying to 180 but huge in the air and an assured presence generally
Rose 8 - bit of a shaky start but saved certain goals at the end
Dabo 7 - solid and saved Kane’s blushes by switching to LWB 2nd half. Never really lets us down
Kelly - 7 decent strike for the goal and always solid, does the simple stuff 100%
Sheaf 6 - flatters so deceive does some stuff amazingly then pulls an absolute clanger too often, young and a bit naive but will come good
O’hare 7 - his end product today was a bit questionable but he’s constantly a threat and other teams know it, draws defenders and creates space for others, his average games still create opportunities for others
Vik 6 - not one of his best games ran into dead ends a lot but class feet for Kell’s goal, perhaps a little fatigued / less focussed after international duty
Walker 6 - took his goal well, great movement. Masked an otherwise terrible performance, if he can regularly pull off one moment of brilliance then who cares but jury still out

Hamer 7 - just a touch of class going forward, seeks the offensive option and always a class above on the ball

Wag-horny, horny, horny N/A

Walker actually pulled off 2 moments of brilliance the goal that wasn't a goal and then the actual goal

PVA

Just not an ideal left back, neither is Dabo. Remember he played left back with no left sided defender (JCS) behind him

Problem is he was signed as cover for left wing back, but turns out he struggles there.

So then we end up playing Dabo there which limits his effectiveness.

I said at the time of his signing I was disappointed we didn't sign a left footer as it affects the balance too much, despite everyone saying he can play left back

Last edited:

PVA

Don't see how Rose can get anything less than an 8. He made two goal saving tackles and if a striker scored 2 goals they'd definitely be getting 8s and 9s all round!

stevefloyd

I don't think Rose had a great 1st half probably because he was trying to cover Kane too but 2nd half immense

SeaSeeEffCee

Kane joined Sheaf and Walker on the hate list before he even played a game. Its all very odd.

I had about 5 separate blokes around me shouting ‘you’re shit Sheaf’ every time he didn’t play the ball forward, starting from minute one of the game.

wingy

Kane was signed to cover LWB

Problem is he was signed as cover for left wing back, but turns out he struggles there.

So then we end up playing Dabo there which limits his effectiveness.

I said at the time of his signing I was disappointed we didn't sign a left footer as it effects the balance too much, despite everyone saying he can play left back
Re the final sentence could be explained by cashing in on Dabo,how long is left on his contract.
I'm not sure he's a great salary here, may be wrong but thought I'd read on here increase from L1 a little underwhelming.

larry_david

Kane is a weird signing in my eyes. He's got two assists already, possibly could have more and is quietly effective at rwb. But at lwb, which is where we were told he could cover, he was awful. Bear in mind we've got dabo, dacosta, pask and then Burroughs out in loan who can cover rwb, why did we sign another who can't play lwb when all we have is maatsen?

As I say, kane is quietly effective at rwb and has two assists already, how many does dabo have? So it's not a dig at kane, just into the long term signing of him. It's odd for me

Oh and o hare needs some serious confidence building on his shooting. He's actually refusing to shoot now because he's so scared he'll miss. I've also noticed he runs away from goal rather than to it. It's worrying for such a quality player. He needs a goal somehow and then I think he gets even better

shmmeee

Few harsh comments on Walker. Had our best chance first half and on another day would’ve got a hat trick (the ‘offside’ goal and if Kelly’s shot hadn’t trickled in he would have tapped it in)

rexo87

I had about 5 separate blokes around me shouting ‘you’re shit Sheaf’ every time he didn’t play the ball forward, starting from minute one of the game.

Heard some people trying to start ‘we want sheaf out’ when walking out of the ground. Unbelievable really

kg82

Few harsh comments on Walker. Had our best chance first half and on another day would’ve got a hat trick (the ‘offside’ goal and if Kelly’s shot hadn’t trickled in he would have tapped it in)
Said to my dad at HT that I thought we should take Walker and kelly off and bring on Hamer and Allen. Kelly I didn’t think was having a great game, but with Walker it was just because I thought go to the box and I wouldn’t take Vik off. Shows how much I know… both of them getting (or nearly getting) the goals!! Ecstatic to be wrong and showing, once again, us plebs literally know shit compared to MR!!

JAM See

Some absolute dickheads support our club unfortunately. Need to hate on someone even when we're flying.

Some absolute dickheads support every club unfortunately. Need to hate on someone even when they're flying.

Fixed that for you. Just ignore the knobheads. You'll never get some people to change their minds.

TomRad85

Some absolute dickheads support every club unfortunately. Need to hate on someone even when they're flying.

Fixed that for you. Just ignore the knobheads. You'll never get some people to change their minds.
Nah we have more than the standard amount I reckon. Go on Facebook (I don't recommend it) and the Sheaf/Walker hatred is almost unanimous.

SeaSeeEffCee

Some absolute dickheads support our club unfortunately. Need to hate on someone even when we're flying.

The bloke next to me also thought Gyokeres was Waghorn in the first half so perhaps not the sharpest tools in the shed…

clint van damme

I like him but I'm coming to the conclusion our style of play doesn't suit him.

steve101

There was a stat the other day that he’s had the most shots in the Championship without scoring. I think there becomes a point where you have to accept he just isn’t capable of contributing goals
It seems that way, taking into account his lack of last season and this season so far. However, he clearly can finish going by a recent interview with Robins about what he sees in training. Maybe a confidence thing.

steve101

Kane is a weird signing in my eyes. He's got two assists already, possibly could have more and is quietly effective at rwb. But at lwb, which is where we were told he could cover, he was awful. Bear in mind we've got dabo, dacosta, pask and then Burroughs out in loan who can cover rwb, why did we sign another who can't play lwb when all we have is maatsen?

As I say, kane is quietly effective at rwb and has two assists already, how many does dabo have? So it's not a dig at kane, just into the long term signing of him. It's odd for me

Oh and o hare needs some serious confidence building on his shooting. He's actually refusing to shoot now because he's so scared he'll miss. I've also noticed he runs away from goal rather than to it. It's worrying for such a quality player. He needs a goal somehow and then I think he gets even better
Agree the Kane signing doesn't meet the real need. It is still early days but it doesn't look like he has the all round ability to be a regular starter. He has Championship experience which may help the squad but I am not sure he came to us to sit on the bench. I am surprised that Josh Reid is that far away that he isn't considered a better option playing in his natural position. Maybe we should of hung on to Newton? There is an argument that Reid is not yet good enough but neither are our other options when Maatsen can't play. Sometimes you get good enough by playing.

SlowerThanPlatt

Agree the Kane signing doesn't meet the real need. It is still early days but it doesn't look like he has the all round ability to be a regular starter. He has Championship experience which may help the squad but I am not sure he came to us to sit on the bench. I am surprised that Josh Reid is that far away that he isn't considered a better option playing in his natural position. Maybe we should of hung on to Newton? There is an argument that Reid is not yet good enough but neither are our other options when Maatsen can't play. Sometimes you get good enough by playing.
Reid is injured but seems behind Kane, Jones and probably even Shipley as left back cover

TomRad85

I disagree I think Kane was an excellent signing. I wanted Dacosta to be good but frankly he's shown to be a liability. Kane has filled in very well when needed. Did we need a left back on top of that? Possibly... hopefully we'll revisit in January if we're still flying high for a final push.

kg82

Nah we have more than the standard amount I reckon. Go on Facebook (I don't recommend it) and the Sheaf/Walker hatred is almost unanimous.

I left the Facebook group ages ago, but it’s surely just people that share a brain cell.

kg82

I like him but I'm coming to the conclusion our style of play doesn't suit him.
I know what you mean, but I honestly think that’s taking away from him. He was the one making space for himself. Not sure about the offside goal, but it was good movement. He made space and got a shot away before that. And then he scored, getting into a great position at the near post. I like all our strikers. They all have different attributes, and it’s the first time I can remember in God knows how long where we have genuine competition for places up front. Apart from Vik… absolute God!!

fernandopartridge

Kane was exposed all first half and a complete mismatch against Nyambe but what do you expect he’s a RWB. Was much better second half on his natural side and Dabo did a better job filling in on the left but it still really reduces our effectiveness down that side. Desperate for a natural lwb cover, really hope we can do something there in January.

I don’t like us with Kelly and Sheaf partnership. I don’t know if it’s that theyre too similar or what but I think we need either Hamer or Allen in there for a bit more creativity.

O Hare was really good today I though, he was one of the only outlets really and his energy is fantastic. Not sure how people can knock him.

Rose had a couple of fantastic interceptions and then one dodgy hospital ball that put them through.

Walker doesn’t look the most industrious of players which gets people riled up but his positioning and movement is excellent and that was a great finish
Kane got an assist, how much more effective can he be?

Skybluefaz

Fuck me, that's harsh on Kane, not at fault for either goal, and got an assist for our first, and only gets a 4 !!!!
What the fuck has he done to you?
He had a bit of a tough day and I thought he was poor. I can confirm he has done nothing to me. I also think he's a decent player that just had a tough assignment yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread