Blackburn scores on the doors (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Anyone? My take was they looked a lot slicker than us and we tried to shoot ourselves in the foot with costly errors, even though we conceded 2 goals we hadn't played that badly or that good either.
Rose, Kane, O'hare and Walker looked off the pace others were slightly below their usual selves.
2nd half was a great comeback and we could have won had the penalty had been given but they could also have won it had it not been for a much improved Rose double saving goal bound efforts being cleared. I guess on reflection a draw was a fair result in the end

Tommo1993

Well I suppose at least our equaliser was coming. We actually started to play them into unforced errors and they looked so uncomfortable. Did well to get back level, just not a big fan of how we eased off and sort of let them take over for the later stages.

Skybluefaz

Anyone? My take was they looked a lot slicker than us and we tried to shoot ourselves in the foot with costly errors, even though we conceded 2 goals we hadn't played that badly or that good either.
Rose, Kane, O'hare and Walker looked off the pace others were slightly below their usual selves.
2nd half was a great comeback and we could have won had the penalty had been given but they could also have won it had it not been for a much improved Rose double saving goal bound efforts being cleared. I guess on reflection a draw was a fair result in the end
Over the course of the match I'd say Kane had a stinker. The other players you mentioned had good moments, I actually thought it was one of Rose's better games in the championship for us.

Brighton Sky Blue

Difficult to call over the whole game but...

Moore 7, helpless for either goal and top draw at the end.
Kane 7 Mismatched against Nyambe first half but much improved when switched to the right.
Hyam 7
McF 7
Rose 8 Two brilliant last ditch interventions
Dabo 7
Sheaf 6
Kelly 7
O'Hare 6 Still trying too hard I think, it will come for him sooner or later though
Gyo 7
Walker 7, needs more service to do what he does best but well taken goal.

Subs
Hamer 6
Waggy N/A

Brighton Sky Blue

Well I suppose at least our equaliser was coming. We actually started to play them into unforced errors and they looked so uncomfortable. Did well to get back level, just not a big fan of how we eased off and sort of let them take over for the later stages.

Not easy psychologically to keep that mindset once you've pulled back to parity, though it's not as though our intent died off right after equalising.

SeaSeeEffCee

Moore 7
Kane 6
Hyam 7
McFadzean 6
Rose 7 (might be higher but couldn’t tell what was him from the away end at the end)
Dabo 5
Sheaf 6
Kelly 7
O’Hare 6
Gyokeres 7
Walker 7

Hamer 7
Waghorn 6

Tommo1993

Tommo1993

Kane getting some harsh ratings. He wasn’t great first half but by no means the worst player. Second half he was decent and got a good assist, so odd to see some low ratings.

Kane was having a torrid time up against that Nyambe who was pretty tricky. I think he was a bit of a weak link today on that left side, but I think you’ll find he gets stick for simply not being Fankaty Dabo.

mr_monkey

@mr_monkey for me 5 is average and I thought Sheaf and Kane both struggled. I know this isn't positivity at all costs but I don't think it is that outrageous is it?

Just don't see how someone who gave an assist can have a 4 that's outrageous in my view (and in the second half he was a lot better than a 4)

Sheaf I'd probably agree on as as much as I rate the guy he seems to have no middle ground and is either a 4 or an 8 😂

stupot07

Game of 2 halves but over the 90 mins.

Moore 7
Dabo 6
Hyam 6
McFadzen 6
Rose 7
Kane 6
Sheaf 6
Kelly 6
O’Hare 5
Walker 7
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Hamer 6
Waghorn n/a

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueZack

Missing maatsen and Clarke salter upset the balance of the team. Also highlights how important it is that we get more options in these positions. Was always going to be difficult for dabo and kane to play on their weaker side but think dabo managed it better. Don’t think we were ourselves first half but much better second half. 2-0 down away at half time, to get a draw is a great result and shows that something special is brewing.

Grendel

Moore 7
Dabo 6
Hyam 6
McFadzen 6
Rose 7
Kane 6
Sheaf 6
Kelly 6
O’Hare 5
Walker 7
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Hamer 6
Waghorn n/a

o hare 5 - staggering without him we’d have lost

Evo1883

Moore 7
Dabo 6
Hyam 6
McFadzen 6
Rose 7
Kane 6
Sheaf 6
Kelly 6
O’Hare 5
Walker 7
Gyokeres 6

Subs
Hamer 6
Waghorn n/a

Bit miffed how sheaf and Kelly get 6 as 1 was responsible for the equaliser and 1 for one of their goals and almost another straight after .

You've also given sheaf the same as vik , who was outstanding second half .

Sorry but to me it's bizarre
Definitely a different game watched to me I think the only rating i agree with is Rose

steve101

Moore 7 (a couple of great saves. Just let down by a poor decision coming to punch which would of ended in a goal if not for Rose)
Dabo 7 (our best attacking outlet first half)
Kane 6 (struggled in and out of possession but great assist)
Hyam 7 (positive coming out with the ball. Looked flat footed first half. Better second half including great tackle in penalty box)
McFadzean 6 (caught out a few times due to lack of pace)
Rose 8 motm (a bit rusty in parts but two goal saving blocks. Can't see how you could drop him next match)
Sheaf 5 (his general performance is too often let down by crucial errors)
Kelly 7 (broke up the play well and great effort leading to own goal)
O'Hare 7 (disappointing quality first half but much more threatening after the break and as always put in a great shift)
Gyokeres 7 (not in the game first half and then became the threat in the second)
Walker 7 (he certainly is our most natural finisher along with Godden)

Hamer 6
Waghorn 6

robbiekeane

Kane was exposed all first half and a complete mismatch against Nyambe but what do you expect he’s a RWB. Was much better second half on his natural side and Dabo did a better job filling in on the left but it still really reduces our effectiveness down that side. Desperate for a natural lwb cover, really hope we can do something there in January.

I don’t like us with Kelly and Sheaf partnership. I don’t know if it’s that theyre too similar or what but I think we need either Hamer or Allen in there for a bit more creativity.

O Hare was really good today I though, he was one of the only outlets really and his energy is fantastic. Not sure how people can knock him.

Rose had a couple of fantastic interceptions and then one dodgy hospital ball that put them through.

Walker doesn’t look the most industrious of players which gets people riled up but his positioning and movement is excellent and that was a great finish

Brighton Sky Blue

Walker doesn’t look the most industrious of players which gets people riled up but his positioning and movement is excellent and that was a great finish

Said it often, he's a poacher who isn't going to do much hard running or lead the line. He's there to put chances away which more often than not he does.

stupot07

Bit miffed how sheaf and Kelly get 6 as 1 was responsible for the equaliser and 1 for one of their goals and almost another straight after .

You've also given sheaf the same as vik , who was outstanding second half .

Sorry but to me it's bizarre
Definitely a different game watched to me I think the only rating i agree with is Rose

You're welcome to post your own scores.

Evo1883

You're welcome to post your own scores.

Ofcourse I'm welcome too , but they are up for critique or agreement .. I mean it's your opinion , I just don't agree with it

Reactions: COV

COV

Kane was exposed all first half and a complete mismatch against Nyambe but what do you expect he’s a RWB. Was much better second half on his natural side and Dabo did a better job filling in on the left but it still really reduces our effectiveness down that side. Desperate for a natural lwb cover, really hope we can do something there in January.

I don’t like us with Kelly and Sheaf partnership. I don’t know if it’s that theyre too similar or what but I think we need either Hamer or Allen in there for a bit more creativity.

O Hare was really good today I though, he was one of the only outlets really and his energy is fantastic. Not sure how people can knock him.

Rose had a couple of fantastic interceptions and then one dodgy hospital ball that put them through.

Saw some people having a go at O’Hare on here- weird. Good summary 👍

slowpoke

Kane getting some harsh ratings. He wasn’t great first half but by no means the worst player. Second half he was decent and got a good assist, so odd to see some low ratings.
Just not an ideal left back, neither is Dabo. Remember he played left back with no left sided defender (JCS) behind him

covboy9

Trying to work out who’s fault for first goal but sometimes you gotta say well played, I’m really not sure if Blackburn are any good or not

they are wildly inconsistent

we badly need a cover left wing back

Delboycov

Ohare actually weak link in team atm

away I’d play Hamer sheaf andkelly if playing with two strikers
I used to post on here all the time and still read the forum most days but this is the post that has made my blood boil enough for me to log back in after years away! "Weak link"?!!!

Did you watch the 2nd half at all? He was pivotal in instigating our comeback with everything that we did well coming through him including winning several tackles he had no right to win and turning defence into attack. I despair at the lack of football knowledge shown by some of our fans! Only a matter of time before one of the assaults on him results in him being out for a time and then you will realise how little you know!

Users who are viewing this thread