Match Thread Blackburn Rovers (A) Sat 16th October 2021 - 3pm KO (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We missed Maatsen today
I noticed that, the Kane as back up left back has been a failed gamble.

ive got no issue with Kane per se, thought he was alright when he switched to the right. But then we lost the attacking output of Dabo to an extent due to him also having no left foot

we’ve now got the bizarre situation where we have 3 right backs and 1 left back

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Also on the penalty - this is why players dive. I’m convinced Viktor tried to hard to stay on his feet. They should take this video to the EFL and say the players will stop diving when they get decisions right

Frostie

ive got no issue with Kane per se, thought he was alright when he switched to the right. But then we lost the attacking output of Dabo to an extent due to him also having no left foot

Think that's harsh. Failed gamble based on 1 half against Nyambe who is one of the toughest opponents you could put him against with his pace & skill. As I said in the match thread, he gave McCallum a torrid time last season too.

wingy

He was mom on one of the sites.

stupot07

To be fair, I love Dabo but he offered no attacking threat in the first half, he struggled to get any joy from their left back who read him well. With his extra pace he did stop Nyambe from getting forward as much when he switched.

I do agree that it was ridiculous brining in a right footed right back at a back up left back though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

He was mom on one of the sites.
It wasn’t really a criticism of either of them. Both are not the same players on the left hand side.

both were fine on the right hand side. And did their best on the left hand side, but they had the weakness of having to cut back onto their right foot when attacking.

we really need to bring in another left back in January. Maatsen is too young to rely on to play every game, he’ll probably get another suspension between now and the end

procdoc

When Kane switched to the right he got another assist so he was more effective than Dabo…

robbiethemole

In the cold light of the morning after, I feel that's one of those games where a draw feels like a win. Being 2-0 down at halftime, I reverted to type and thought that's this game gone, but this is the new and improved City!! I admit I wanted Walker and Sheaf subbed for Waghorn and Hamer/Allen, but the fight those lads showed was feckin brilliant and credit to Walker for his goal.
The old saying is win your home games and draw your aways, well we're doing the first and have 5 points from 6 aways, so nearly on a par with what's needed. On to PNE now and hoping for a change of fortune there, 19 games without a win at the place, it's gotta change, hasn't it?

SlowerThanPlatt

In the cold light of the morning after, I feel that's one of those games where a draw feels like a win. Being 2-0 down at halftime, I reverted to type and thought that's this game gone, but this is the new and improved City!! I admit I wanted Walker and Sheaf subbed for Waghorn and Hamer/Allen, but the fight those lads showed was feckin brilliant and credit to Walker for his goal.
The old saying is win your home games and draw your aways, well we're doing the first and have 5 points from 6 aways, so nearly on a par with what's needed. On to PNE now and hoping for a change of fortune there, 19 games without a win at the place, it's gotta change, hasn't it?
We rarely beat them full stop. Last win in the league was 2007, 13 matches

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree I felt o hare was poor yday

My cousin thought he was good 2nd half tho so interested to hear others thoughts

But yeah for me o hare below par yday

Over the whole 90 I gave him 6/10, his balance/footing seemed off and with each game he doesn’t ‘do something’ it’s making him over compensate in the next. That said, few stood out in the first half and it looked a bit disjointed

Garryb80

We've got brilliant away support but if this is anyone on here stay at home next time. Should go without saying that disabled supporters have got just as much right to watch the game as anyone else.

Yesterday attracted many of the day tripper brigade. Too many sherrys, and other things, and not really caring about or respecting the game.

shmmeee

We've got brilliant away support but if this is anyone on here stay at home next time. Should go without saying that disabled supporters have got just as much right to watch the game as anyone else.

Guy in the replies saying his 15 yo in a wheelchair got tipped over when we scored as well. Not good. Though from that looks like their “wheelchair section” is just the front the of stand which isn’t great either.

Colin Steins Smile

The evolution of our team has been excellent over the past few seasons. MR & AV have been really brave in creating an attractive style of play, when there are numerous other teams in both L1 & Championship who fill their teams with tall physical players and try to dominate aerially.
Its great to watch and it’s been managed by building and maintaining a really good team spirit. There’s not too many teams that mange to get a result from two nil down.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

When Kane switched to the right he got another assist so he was more effective than Dabo…
And I’m not knocking either player on the right. I like Kane competing with Dabo for the RWB slot. The lack of left foot on both players takes away their effectiveness on the other side.

Legia Sky Blue

And I’m not knocking either player on the right. I like Kane competing with Dabo for the RWB slot. The lack of left foot on both players takes away their effectiveness on the other side.

Thought Dabo was much the more effective on the left and more defensively able too. In the first half Kane was constantly being caught out positionally as Blackburn looked to play Nyambe in behind him. He looked really uncomfortable on the left, whereas Dabo is the more skilful, more adept on the ball and better able to link play on the left. If we have to play without Maatsen in future I would much prefer us to go with Kane on the right and Dabo on the left,

Users who are viewing this thread