Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (2 Viewers)

SG21

1-0 Cov win I'll go with.

Blackburn are sort of on a freefall right now with no wins in five. Cov aren't doing great, but they're still fighting and taking points here and there. This might be one of them.

Gibbo

I assume Wilson will be preferred and that Pask comes in at right wing back. Otherwise I'd drop Max, play O'Hare further forward and bring in either James or Sheaf into a midfield three

Sky Blue Pete

The defeat at Swansea annoyed me we weren’t robbed or anything but shouldn’t have happened we were more than a match against supposedly one of the best teams in the league it puts that little bit of extra pressure on the Blackburn game which is very winnable in my opinion. We have to start converting our chances getting shots on target will help.
Yep should have been 0-0 at worst. Walker fit and Godden back will mean we score a few I hope

Sky Blue Pete

Would think Dabo will start and go as long as he can before Pask comes on. Can’t see him making us more defensive so expect Walker and Biamou up front. Will be interesting to see if hamer doesn’t start as I think he needs a rest. Test of man management though as he wouldn’t like it. Godden on bench and maybe last 15?? That might be nice especially if we are still in the game

CCFCSteve

Opposition on a losing streak and probably lacking in confidence....just hope Robins doesn’t stick one up top !

Set the team up right, no silly mistakes (a bit ask I appreciate), think we can nick a point

PUSB-We_are_going_up

As I've already said, I'd play Pask. Fankaty was nowhere near 100% fit on Wednesday - he was the same when he came back from injury last time, in that you could see he was 'managing himself' and didn't want to do any of those quick sprints he does down the line. Short recovery time, and I fear for him/us if he is left to cope with AA. Also risks red card/injury . I've said this to jinx myself, and will be happy to be wrong.
As we saw last time Dabo was coming back from injury he will more than likely play his way to fitness

Mcbean

It's a bit weird having lost 4-0 at home to a team, then saying that we should be beating them away. They have the league's second highest goal scorer, yet we have threads saying we can't see where we'll score goals from. Football fans logic for you.
Yes 🤣but H we are Coventry city fans and in my case an eternal optimist - I wouldn’t be here (and you) 34 years later without that sort of positive ness - I go into every game with that thought

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes 🤣but H we are Coventry city fans and in my case an eternal optimist - I wouldn’t be here (and you) 34 years later without that sort of positive ness - I go into every game with that thought

Agree - just found it funny that despite the number of doom merchants on here, there seemed to be a high number of positive expectations pre kick off. Leads me to believe that there will be a bigger meltdown than usual if things go awry today. My only real worry today (as is pretty obvious by my posts) is the risk of rushing Dabo back, when probably up against AA. Otherwise I'd be in the positivity gang for this one.

Grendel

Agree - just found it funny that despite the number of doom merchants on here, there seemed to be a high number of positive expectations pre kick off. Leads me to believe that there will be a bigger meltdown than usual if things go awry today. My only real worry today (as is pretty obvious by my posts) is the risk of rushing Dabo back, when probably up against AA. Otherwise I'd be in the positivity gang for this one.

It is an important game - win and we are only two points behind Blackburn. They are falling like a stone and you have to think it’s a rare away opportunity for victory

Sky Blue Harry H

It is an important game - win and we are only two points behind Blackburn. They are falling like a stone and you have to think it’s a rare away opportunity for victory

Agree G - out of interest, what are your thoughts on playing Dabo rather than Pask today? If we were playing someone without a speed merchant, I wouldn't be concerned, but I am today.

no_loyalty

Blackburn’s confidence is low so we need to start well, if we can get an early goal then I think we will win.

Blackburn 1 City 2 (Hamer, O’Hare)

Magwitch

If Dabo wasn’t fit enough he wouldn’t have played half a game. He hasn’t come out of the doctors waiting room and straight in the team, he will have trained for couple of weeks or so built & his fitness up Getting match fit is different and the only way to up that is by playing where else will he get it with DaCosta out again I’m certain Dabo will start, I think he might have started injury to DaCosta or not.

Frostie

Agreed.
Form is temporary etc etc. Also law of averages suggest that they'll snap that losing run soon, all have been very narrow defeats too.
Bookies don't often get it wrong & all of them have Blackburn as massive favourites.

That said, I fancy we can get a result & a draw would be great. I just think some are setting themselves up for more almighty meltdowns by saying it's a "must win" or even a "should win". Of course it's not given the strength of the 2 squads.

1-1

Mcbean

A win does make the rest of the weekend sparkle - witness the board after Brentford and then after the mugging at Swansea 🤣

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm guessing people don't realise, but there's this pandemic that's causing a bit of a fuss. You see, the season got compacted and players are playing more regularly than they normally would. You'd think that wouldn't matter but it really does as they haven't yet perfected footballing robots.

DaCosta has broken down like a robot.

How many games has he played? Come on mate.

better days

I suspect we'll see one or two surprises in our starting 11 today
Couple of players possibly need a rest but could come on to make an impact at some point

Users who are viewing this thread