Match Thread Blackburn Match Thread - 27th Feb - 3PM Kickoff - Ewood Park (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

We're exactly the type of team you'd want to be playing on the back of a 5 game losing streak.

Just don't have a killer instinct to take advantage of poor form or fragile confidence.

Time we brought in Johnny Lawrence and John Kreese into the coaching staff.
Has MR invited you to give the pre match team talk, edgy? Motivational speaker and all that?!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd take the draw right now. Given their form is a winnable game and I hope we go into in that frame of mind.

Think we can score against them but got to be mindful of a ball to Armstrong if we press high - our defence isn't the quickest.

TomRad85

Not average xG it isn't. His xG is higher but played more games.
Not sure I get this stat. XG is expected goals right? So surely its normal a striker would have one of the highest XG in the squad.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Dabo vs Armstrong for speed is droolworthy

As I've already said, I'd play Pask. Fankaty was nowhere near 100% fit on Wednesday - he was the same when he came back from injury last time, in that you could see he was 'managing himself' and didn't want to do any of those quick sprints he does down the line. Short recovery time, and I fear for him/us if he is left to cope with AA. Also risks red card/injury . I've said this to jinx myself, and will be happy to be wrong.

Otis

As I've already said, I'd play Pask. Fankaty was nowhere near 100% fit on Wednesday - he was the same when he came back from injury last time, in that you could see he was 'managing himself' and didn't want to do any of those quick sprints he does down the line. Short recovery time, and I fear for him/us if he is left to cope with AA. Also risks red card/injury . I've said this to jinx myself, and will be happy to be wrong.
Unless he starts with Dabo, with the intention of replacing him with Pask as soon as he tires. With the extra subs now that is quite possible.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I know 'pies' can be a clique within football fraternity , but from a personal opinion some 'hutch'/open window at what seemed like a normal house near Ewood used to sell the best pies ever. Not sure what I would offer for one of those pies and just one point from the game but 'put it this way' it would be a hell of a lot.

C'mon City you can do it (hopefully) !

Great_Expectations

Optimistic of a win, but it would be typical City to loss to a team on such poor form.

RWB is the issue for tomorrow with DaCosta injured again (his injury record with us is starting to frustrate me). I don’t think a half fit Dabo is better than a fully fit Pask, or worth risking. It would mean we lose our attacking intent through both wing backs (attacking is not McCallums strength), but if we play through the the middle more as we did against Brentford then that mitigates the issue somewhat.

I would keep the rest of the team the same. I am a Sheaf fan, but him and Kelly (or James) isn’t offensive or creative enough so Hamer has to start despite a few waywood games.

Strikers weren’t involved enough last game, but with Baka low on confidence and Gyokeres not really the right partner for Walker, I imagine it’ll be Biamou and Walker again.

Expecting another big game for O’Hare who has picked up even more recently.

Mowbray was such a breath of fresh air when he joined and the football we played and positively around that period was incredible. But I can’t look past the downward spiral and the fact he bought players like Andre Wright to the club. Shame to see him sacked if we win, but such is football.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Optimistic of a win, but it would be typical City to loss to a team on such poor form.

RWB is the issue for tomorrow with DaCosta injured again (his injury record with us is starting to frustrate me). I don’t think a half fit Dabo is better than a fully fit Pask, or worth risking. It would mean we lose our attacking intent through both wing backs (attacking is not McCallums strength), but if we play through the the middle more as we did against Brentford then that mitigates the issue somewhat.

I would keep the rest of the team the same. I am a Sheaf fan, but him and Kelly (or James) isn’t offensive or creative enough so Hamer has to start despite a few waywood games.

Strikers weren’t involved enough last game, but with Baka low on confidence and Gyokeres not really the right partner for Walker, I imagine it’ll be Biamou and Walker again.

Expecting another big game for O’Hare who has picked up even more recently.

Mowbray was such a breath of fresh air when he joined and the football we played and positively around that period was incredible. But I can’t look past the downward spiral and the fact he bought players like Andre Wright to the club. Shame to see him sacked if we win, but such is football.

DaCosta is a total injury crock really. How many injuries is that this season?

We might have had bad luck, but many of our new signings have spent significant time in the medical room.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's a bit weird having lost 4-0 at home to a team, then saying that we should be beating them away. They have the league's second highest goal scorer, yet we have threads saying we can't see where we'll score goals from. Football fans logic for you.

johnwillomagic

Rovers play 4-3-3 I would be tempted given injuries to ditch the wing backs and go 4-3-3 I would go with this - whether Robins does this remains to be seen I suspect he will stick with 3-4-1-2.

Wilson

Dabo Osti Fadz McCallum

Hamer Kelly James

O'Hare Walker Gyo

Subs: Marosi, Pask. Rose, Sheaf, Shipley, Allen, Eccles, Biamou, Baka

mark82

It's a bit weird having lost 4-0 at home to a team, then saying that we should be beating them away. They have the league's second highest goal scorer, yet we have threads saying we can't see where we'll score goals from. Football fans logic for you.

Yeah, but they're on poor form and the result at home was a bit of a freak result due to the red card early on.

ccfc92

Have to be going for 3 points tomorrow.

They're in disarray, we have had decent performances recently, hopefully it clicks for us.

mark82

DaCosta is a total injury crock really. How many injuries is that this season?

We might have had bad luck, but many of our new signings have spent significant time in the medical room.

I'm guessing people don't realise, but there's this pandemic that's causing a bit of a fuss. You see, the season got compacted and players are playing more regularly than they normally would. You'd think that wouldn't matter but it really does as they haven't yet perfected footballing robots.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm guessing people don't realise, but there's this pandemic that's causing a bit of a fuss. You see, the season got compacted and players are playing more regularly than they normally would. You'd think that wouldn't matter but it really does as they haven't yet perfected footballing robots.

Agree - you only have to look how many players are crocked around the different teams to see how players have been affected. To be honest that's why I'm concerned about playing Dabo tomorrow (if he does) rather than a fit Pask. We play M'boro again midweek and in my opinion it's really asking for trouble with a player who has had a couple of recent injuries. Hopefully the management/medical team will manage him properly, but watching how cautiously Dabo played against Swansea (reminiscent of his previous return from injury) suggests he is an accident waiting to happen.

cc84cov

Agree - you only have to look how many players are crocked around the different teams to see how players have been affected. To be honest that's why I'm concerned about playing Dabo tomorrow (if he does) rather than a fit Pask. We play M'boro again midweek and in my opinion it's really asking for trouble with a player who has had a couple of recent injuries. Hopefully the management/medical team will manage him properly, but watching how cautiously Dabo played against Swansea (reminiscent of his previous return from injury) suggests he is an accident waiting to happen.
Same with Kelly but needs must I’m sure Dabo starts tomorrow

CanadianCCFC

That's why for this game I'd start Pask (fit) as Dabo was clearly not up to speed yesterday and AA could have a field day if we get that bit wrong. Pask, for any other faults, is quick. I also don't want Fankaty to risk injury / getting sent off. Fankaty, fully fit, I wouldn't be concerned about as he is a clever player, but not being 100% fit is not what you want facing Armstrong. Save Fankaty for Boro.
I’d play Pask at CB, he won’t be much help against Armstrong if he’s wide in a RWB position. I’d drop Hyam though idk who’d play on the left of the 3. Don’t think it’ll happen though.

shmmeee

Don’t think we’ll win. The more teams lose the less likely they’ll lose the next. Blackburn will be going out to make sure they don’t lose again and stop the rot.

1-0 Blackburn.

Users who are viewing this thread