Blackburn Away tickets (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

To be honest, when I tot up in my head the amount of money I spend on an awayday, the ticket price isn't my biggest priority.

Factor in the travel cost, the booze and a bit of grub and I'll make a decision based on the overall cost.

£32 vs £25 wouldn't sway me one way or the other, but you're looking at the thick end of a oner for the day unless you're driving straight there (sharing petrol) and driving straight back.
Totally agree with that. Blackburn away for me: 2 tickets = £33, parking = £10, cost of driving up is 40p a mile X 200 = £80, food and drink (which won’t be much as sarnies and not pubbing it) £10. So about £133 all in. So a few quid extra on the price of a ticket makes very little difference to me personally. If I was going with mates, drinking and eating in pub, add £60? £5 extra on the ticket is minimal in the scheme of things really.

CV22SBA

Weekend booked.Train into Blackburn for midday, a couple at the wetherspoons then taxi to the Fernhurst.
Think I’m on the same train. Changing at Preston? If you go one stop further from Blackburn to Mill Hill it’s less than a 15 min walk to ground with pubs enroute.

CV22SBA

What was the initial ?
2,794 but the club tweeted about 30 mins ago to say not sold out but more tickets on the way. Makes no sense how they are selling block S02 though as we were only given S03 & S04 initially and S02 is the other side of the segregation normally.

Bugsy

2,794 but the club tweeted about 30 mins ago to say not sold out but more tickets on the way. Makes no sense how they are selling block S02 though as we were only given S03 & S04 initially and S02 is the other side of the segregation normally.

Screenshot_20211008-104507.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

Can;t see it on the club's twitter feed. Probably me !Link ?

Legia Sky Blue

Looks like a good turn out for Blackburn, but that could have a knock on effect on the Preston game only 4 days later, which must have a chance of providing our lowest away support of the season - not seen anyone even mention going to that game as yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

Looks like a good turn out for Blackburn, but that could have a knock on effect on the Preston game only 4 days later, which must have a chance of providing our lowest away support of the season - not seen anyone even mention going to that game as yet.

I would be going PNE but in staff training all day.

Evo1883

I'm going , plus 3

Londonccfcfan

We will be going to most away games. But this one is bridge too far feels like mission impossible unless we set off around 1pm.and then get home God knows at what time.

Londonccfcfan

Not much different to blackpool really
Done Blackpool midweek late summers day took a couple of days off few years ago. That's worth it.

Midweek is a killer. Unless you take time off work.

These days half the motorways are shut too after midnight.

Ifollow this one. It's also a ground we havnt done.

CV22SBA

I'll be doing both but have a feeling it will not be a massive turnout.

JAM See

I'll be doing both but have a feeling it will not be a massive turnout.
Is there a lift share type thread on here?

I can make a midweek away game but I know not everyone can.

I haven't got a car, but would be happy to chip in with fuel costs if I could get a lift.

slowpoke

Terry Gibson's perm

I rarely go to away games now finishing at 4am on a Saturday morning makes it difficult, but we are in the area next weekend and I am off so perfect. I will try to watch the Preston game on my phone but my work are trying to stop us using them the miserable fuckers.

pusbccfc

Will be interesting to see if we sell the extra 1000. Still a week to go and the bandwagon could comfortably build.

I'd imagine a lot would fancy it on the day when they wake up and remember 4000 are going.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

For me as a Manchester based Sky Blues vs it's a relatively easy double header few days.

Blackburn experiences , real lows and highs there. 1980 cup defeat and a thumping 4-0 away match defeat. A real highs of 5-2 win in early 90's and fa cup win in late 90s in Huckerby and Whelan era. I took I've seen another defeat there too.

Preston , all bad memories. Desperate, humiliating and promotion ending 2002 4-0 defeat after travelling down from Edinburgh. Chris Hussey dreadful last minute defending in a late unnecessary loss. Attending in a 1-1 purely to protest about SISU and being in a very divided toxic away crowd. Being outside Deepdale last year behind closed doors before game which ended up a defeat.

No chance of winning at Preston, I can dream but highly unlikely. I hope the fans are well behaved at Blackburn and celebrate at least a draw. Gosh that 5-2 win game was one of the best away wins ever.

Sick Boy

Done Blackpool midweek late summers day took a couple of days off few years ago. That's worth it.

Midweek is a killer. Unless you take time off work.

These days half the motorways are shut too after midnight.

Ifollow this one. It's also a ground we havnt done.
I used to travel a lot from Brighton, the M1 seems to have had works going on for literally 15 years non-stop now.

Sky Blue Pete

I remember listening to the radio report on that 2-5 win at Ewood Park in 1993 and Allan Green (the commentator not the ex-city player) expressing complete shock that Coventry could inflict such a pasting on the mighty Blackburn. I took an instant dislike to him.

Interestingly enough, we’re unbeaten in our last six visits to Ewood.
Went that night with about 200

Users who are viewing this thread