Bit warm (1 Viewer)

Is it too warm?

• Yes

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

Terry Gibson's perm

Got sent to Leyland last night at the last minute got into bed just before 5am so far had the bin men wake me up and then a delivery driver fortunately the parcel was for meand now some fucker is jet washing his drive

ajsccfc

Argos are great. Word of warning though, don't use one in your bedroom. Once you turn it off, the room will be hotter than if you didn't use it, as running it will give off heat, even if only a little bit.

Also:

Guess it's time to put that pack of frozen peas in front of it...

At this rate I'm not turning them off until December when the extra heat will be a bonus anyway!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Mentalist!

I know, but I feel the cold really badly. Hands, feet and nose like ice unless it's about 20-25 degrees. Over the weekend I was sitting in the shade and had goosebumps. Even at nights at the moment I've still got a thinish blanket over me and feel comfortable.

Have to admit not havng to wear a shirt-tie/trousers etc is making it more comfortable though.

mrtrench

We have a large garden, half of which is soft fruit, vegetables and greenhouses. It's a nightmare trying to keep up with the watering.

Me too. I shudder to imagine our water bill. We've got so many courgettes that I cannot keep up with them despite giving them away - and a butternut squash that's nearly three feet long. Best potato harvest ever too. The veggies seem to liking the weather.

skyblueinBaku

Me too. I shudder to imagine our water bill. We've got so many courgettes that I cannot keep up with them despite giving them away - and a butternut squash that's nearly three feet long. Best potato harvest ever too. The veggies seem to liking the weather.
Is it the plant or the squash that's 3 feet long? We only have 1 courgette plant this year and the runner beans are doing OK. I haven't dug up my potatoes yet, but every day we have to pick tomatoes. The sweet peppers are coming along nicely. However i must say that in general it's not been a very good year in the garden so far.

mrtrench

Is it the plant or the squash that's 3 feet long? We only have 1 courgette plant this year and the runner beans are doing OK. I haven't dug up my potatoes yet, but every day we have to pick tomatoes. The sweet peppers are coming along nicely. However i must say that in general it's not been a very good year in the garden so far.

The squash. I just measured it - 70cm so 2.3 feet, was guessing before. I buried about 1,000 cm cubed of wormery produce before planting, maybe that's why? I don't do runner beans but my french beans are doing well - second crop ready.

IMG_20200812_163705_resized_20200812_043801663.jpg

Ring Of Steel

Its 24 degrees here which is about as good as it ever gets, still clammy & sweaty though & just feel lethargic, god knows how I'd deal with 30+ degrees...

skyblueinBaku

The squash. I just measured it - 70cm so 2.3 feet, was guessing before. I buried about 1,000 cm cubed of wormery produce before planting, maybe that's why? I don't do runner beans but my french beans are doing well - second crop ready.

View attachment 16411
Bon appetit!

skyblueinBaku

Just this minute started pouring down here and thunder. @skyblueindorset it'll be with you soon as it's moving west.
Not a drop of rain yet. It's a pity because we are getting desperate for some decent rainfall.

Sbarcher

Hell of a downpour here just North of Oxford. So torrential couldn't see buildings 50m away. Just sat on the balcony taking in the cool air, lovely!

fernandopartridge

We've had big storms on consecutive nights, the one on Tuesday night went on for 2 to 3 hours. Last night was, shorter but really heavy rain, huge droplets. It's a bit fresher today and much more bearable.

Sbarcher

Need to take sun tan lotion with me when fishing tomorrow.

Evo1883

Felt it today
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread