Is it too warm?

• Yes

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

shmmeee

I thought big lads were keen swimmers?

Nearly drowned learning when I was little and avoided pools like the plague, also chlorine used to set my asthma off so always got out of swimming at school. Now I’m 39 and like fuck am I going to adult swimming classes.

fernandopartridge

There is a pub near me that sells beer to take away. Big queues this afternoon and loads sitting in the main square drinking in groups. Next Saturday will be horrendous in pubs.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

pipkin73

Haha, you wimps. It's 36c here and i'm loving it.
Mind you, all the beaches by me have bars and restaurants literally on the beach, well a step off the beach lol.
Does help if you have your own pool though, although i never use it.
Mental block, like Shmmee said i nearly drowned when i was younger so i need tempting in. Sea on the other hand, as Mc D's say "I' m loving it". Enjoy your summer lads (but social distance, not meant sarcastically), you never know when the "normal" will return.

ajsccfc

Whenever we plan a holiday I always look for somewhere hot and then once there suddenly remember that I just like the idea of heat rather than the sweaty bollockness of it all. Having to work from home in it and then having a garden facing south with zero shade, fuck this. I want winter

Nick

Administrator
Haha, you wimps. It's 36c here and i'm loving it.
Mind you, all the beaches by me have bars and restaurants literally on the beach, well a step off the beach lol.
Does help if you have your own pool though, although i never use it.
Mental block, like Shmmee said i nearly drowned when i was younger so i need tempting in. Sea on the other hand, as Mc D's say "I' m loving it". Enjoy your summer lads (but social distance, not meant sarcastically), you never know when the "normal" will return.
SBT party at yours

Ian1779

if it's the one I'm thinking of it's a cracking spot.
You can see the main beach in Newquay from it and it's absolutely rammed and that ones quiet with a pub on it and you can't help but think why don't any of those silly fuckers come over here?

There are a few places like that down there. My mum lives in St Mawgan next to the airport and as you head from there towards Newquay there’s some cracking beaches and pubs without having to go anywhere near.

Brighton Sky Blue

Whenever we plan a holiday I always look for somewhere hot and then once there suddenly remember that I just like the idea of heat rather than the sweaty bollockness of it all. Having to work from home in it and then having a garden facing south with zero shade, fuck this. I want winter

Best is Scottish summer, sunny but you won't turn into a g****on under the heat

Tommo1993

Very nice beach in Perranporth, Cornwall. Good bar on it too. Lovely wooden tables, beechwood probably.

no_loyalty

What about a beachside pub with toilets? There’s one in Cornwall that was great, beach went right up to the tables outside so you can have a pint and the kids can build sandcastles. Best of all worlds.

It's the Watering Hole on Perranporth beach, my
mother-in-law lives about 10 miles away so have been there on numerous occasions.

christonabike

Been at the school some bright spark decides too change the big fook off interactive boards for 63" tv touch screens. Bloke comes to fit them I have to drag the old boards to reception area x7 then the boxes full of crap such as old speakers and amps are then left for me to drag half way across the school. I fook off at 10 get a lift to Cambridge to buy a new car (2007 57 Golf GTi edition 30 DSG) then go see my old mum with the usual milk and paper then back at 3 pm to work wiping covid spary on tables etc. No time for beaches and as ive said why should we pay the price for these selfish fookers doing as they like.
Get the tracking off their phones and either fine them or make them watch Val Doonican videos whilst sitting in A&E looking at the work our NHS does.

Nick

Administrator
Been at the school some bright spark decides too change the big fook off interactive boards for 63" tv touch screens. Bloke comes to fit them I have to drag the old boards to reception area x7 then the boxes full of crap such as old speakers and amps are then left for me to drag half way across the school. I fook off at 10 get a lift to Cambridge to buy a new car (2007 57 Golf GTi edition 30 DSG) then go see my old mum with the usual milk and paper then back at 3 pm to work wiping covid spary on tables etc. No time for beaches and as ive said why should we pay the price for these selfish fookers doing as they like.
Get the tracking off their phones and either fine them or make them watch Val Doonican videos whilst sitting in A&E looking at the work our NHS does.
Nice, is the car for you?

christonabike

Yes mate sold the 2012 GTD as I was doing too many miles in it. Bought a 2013 van with the money I saved from not going to the pub (£3K) so sold the GTD friday wanted an old tub looked at Golf GTis and stumbled across the special edition 30 model. Full VW history DSG service and new brakes all round refurbed alloys and air con service and here I am. Its got a bigger turbo as standard so its 230 bhp half leather special seats plus alloys plus a few other bits.
Delighted with it as the cambelt etc was done too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’m not one to moan when it’s hot as it’s better than cold and rain but it’s TOO WARM.

Making me drink my cider too quickly.

Dunno if I'm getting old but even I've been sitting in the shade. Yet somehow indoors in a T-shirt I've got goosebumps on my arms! Can't stand the cold and anything under about 20 my feet, hands and nose are like ice.

Nick

Administrator
Yes mate sold the 2012 GTD as I was doing too many miles in it. Bought a 2013 van with the money I saved from not going to the pub (£3K) so sold the GTD friday wanted an old tub looked at Golf GTis and stumbled across the special edition 30 model. Full VW history DSG service and new brakes all round refurbed alloys and air con service and here I am. Its got a bigger turbo as standard so its 230 bhp half leather special seats plus alloys plus a few other bits.
Delighted with it as the cambelt etc was done too.
Get a dump valve on for the retro feel. Tssshhhh

pipkin73

I could probably sort out cheaper prices for people if a large booking. Can't sort out flights but maybe for accommodation.
Dunno if I'm getting old but even I've been sitting in the shade. Yet somehow indoors in a T-shirt I've got goosebumps on my arms! Can't stand the cold and anything under about 20 my feet, hands and nose are like ice.
you've done my head in with that. one of my friends used to say the same. I just can't remember why it was in the end and which friend it was.

pipkin73

SBT party at yours
I know it was a flippant statement, BUT i do know some of the hotel owners. If you ever wanted to come over in a group i might be able to sort something. For small groups they wont entertain you, although with Covid and numbers being down you might get a good deal and Wizz air are doing flights from 22GBP from Luton airport during July.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I could probably sort out cheaper prices for people if a large booking. Can't sort out flights but maybe for accommodation.

you've done my head in with that. one of my friends used to say the same. I just can't remember why it was in the end and which friend it was.

Not to worry. Had the docs look at it but nothing particularly untoward they could find. Obv thought is circulation but didn't seem to be a problem. Got slighty low blood pressure and 'thin' blood, but not to the point of being anaemic.

If you remember though feel free to share.

Nick

Administrator
I know it was a flippant statement, BUT i do know some of the hotel owners. If you ever wanted to come over in a group i might be able to sort something. For small groups they wont entertain you, although with Covid and numbers being down you might get a good deal and Wizz air are doing flights from 22GBP from Luton airport during July.

Are you Wayne Lineker? ;)

Liquid Gold

I properly love the heat, think I'm part lizard. Love just getting outside and enjoying ti with some drinks, it's hard to sleep but nothing a fan and a couple industrial strength Valium won't fix.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Currently in Amsterdam. Been 30c for two days and spent all day in the sun yesterday.

Couldn't even leave the hotel room today, absolutely fooked. Started raining and is stormy now and it's so nice.

Find it funny that we always complain about the weather then as soon as it gets hot it is just a nightmare. 30c in Northern Europe seems unbearable compared to when you're in the med.

mrtrench

I've an awful story to tell about the heat. Both my wife and I feel fucking shit about it and we're struggling with guilt and sadness and God knows what. It doesn't involve humans but it's bloody terrible, so hiding behind a spoiler. Don't look if you are troubled by a very sad story.

Two nights ago a cockerel suddenly died in the hen house. We have two hen houses - one for large battery hen rescues and one for bantam pure breeds. This is the latter. We were sad that he'd died and tried to understand - we'd never had a healthy chicken die like that before. I concluded that it was a stroke or a heart attack - it can happen. Last night, we put them all to bed as usual. My wife says that one cockerel was really reluctant to go. This morning I went to let them out as usual at around 7:30 and all but one were dead. Pale combs; some of them lying on their backs having fallen off their perches; one next to the water. We didn't understand and were obviously devastated. Diseases don't hit that suddenly: they all looked healthy when we put them to bed. I even considered a venomous snake or spider having escaped and found their way into the house. I eventually worked it out having googled relentlessly. They had died of heat exhaustion. We recently moved their house next to our house to hide it as we are trying to sell and move. It's a red brick house. We think that the heat radiating from our brick house overnight killed them. My wife has been inconsolable all day as she was the one who put them to bed - and forced the reluctant cockerel in there. She says she feels so guilty because they trusted her and yet she lead them to their death. I feel awful because I should have figured out the risk sooner. We both miss them terribly - such lovely chickens: friendly; trusting and with wonderful personalities. We both feel shit and have been mourning all day. Needless to say, we are buying another hen house (cannot put another hen in there again) and Cleo, the one remaining hen, is in the house and cool with us tonight. RIP: Squirty; Agatha; Speckles; Baby P; Bertie and Mr. P.

SkyBlueDom26

Not that bad tonight finally abit cooler! Been on the sesh though so god knows when I’ll fall asleep

Users who are viewing this thread