Match Thread Birmingham match thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
A Blues fan I work with said that we were the better team, also said he was impressed with our right winger Bakayoko.

I know him and Dabo have nearly the same hair but which did he mean?

no_loyalty

I know him and Dabo have nearly the same hair but which did he mean?

I thought he meant Dabo at first, but he said Bakayoko the lad who scored your first goal.

Nick

Administrator
Also, £30m talk for Bellingham is stupid. Over 2 games he was pretty anonymous. For that money and all the hype you would expect him to be running it.

Sky Blue Pete

Ohare or somebody else takes out their player on the byline there and then argue with the ref a little bit and the free kick is effectively going to be their only chance remaining. Even just 2 hands in his back and push him out of play and boot the ball away. It's 90+2 minutes.

They did it to us in the first game.
Yep I agree and it seems so easy I think he thought he could nick the ball

cc84cov

Also, £30m talk for Bellingham is stupid. Over 2 games he was pretty anonymous. For that money and all the hype you would expect him to be running it.
It’s a joke he’s got potential maybe but he shown nothing against mason or McCallum

lifeskyblue

Thought he had one good surging run first half...left Kelly standing. But that’s all I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

I have criticised closing down for their 2 goals and I have also criticised our sitters that were missed (over the 2 games).
Correct.

Criticised our players that played well both games against a side that are a level above us. What if.

What if I wasn't born in Coventry? I might have had a football club that didn't fail most seasons. What if I was born a girl? I would be a lesbian.

Nick

Administrator
Correct.

Criticised our players that played well both games against a side that are a level above us. What if.

What if I wasn't born in Coventry? I might have had a football club that didn't fail most seasons. What if I was born a girl? I would be a lesbian.

Mason didn't play the first game.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the negatives from a match as well as the positives rather than just happily clapping.

Astute

Mason didn't play the first game.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the negatives from a match as well as the positives rather than just happily clapping.
Positives? When did you point them out?

Mason? Where did I mention him?

All you have done is point out the negatives. Didn't see you as a glass not only half empty but a glass that has never got wet inside person.

Nick

Administrator
Positives? When did you point them out?

All you have done is point out the negatives. Didn't see you as a glass not only half empty but a glass that has never git wet inside person.

Have a look through the game.

Bakayoko played very well
Marosi made good saves
Dabo played well (aside from slipping on his arse a lot)
Biamou played well aside from slipping on his arse
MacFadzean was actually pretty solid

Im not just going to blindly be all rosy in a match we ended up losing after conceding twice in both stoppage times.

Astute

Have a look through the game.

Bakayoko played very well
Marosi made good saves
Dabo played well (aside from slipping on his arse a lot)
Biamou played well aside from slipping on his arse
MacFadzean was actually pretty solid

Im not just going to blindly be all rosy in a match we ended up losing after conceding twice in both stoppage times.
Through the game?

How about since the game? Nothing in retrospect. Looking for someone to blame. Arguing about the last goal being a fluke. Bloody hell. Most would have taken where we are before the season started. Now some like yourself want more. The players are doing well. They took Birmingham as far as they could without winning. Yes it is a pisser we lost. I get that. But I don't think our players should get hammered like you do. Luck was against us. If they hadn't got that fluke on 120 minutes we would have all been saying how much we deserved to win.

Nick

Administrator
Through the game?

How about since the game? Nothing in retrospect. Looking for someone to blame. Arguing about the last goal being a fluke. Bloody hell. Most would have taken where we are before the season started. Now some like yourself want more. The players are doing well. They took Birmingham as far as they could without winning. Yes it is a pisser we lost. I get that. But I don't think our players should get hammered like you do. Luck was against us. If they hadn't got that fluke on 120 minutes we would have all been saying how much we deserved to win.

Posted it in the ratings thread as well?

Which players have I picked out individually and "hammered" them? Im hardly at the Bakayoko hate levels by pointing things out.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Had to leave the game at half time of extra time, due to the last train back to Chester being at 22:50 pm... sped back to the station, knowing I couldn't miss it.... next thing I got messages saying Biamou has scored with a couple of minutes to go, celebrated, ran in M&S bought some own brand cans for the journey back to celebrate... by the time I sat down on the train, my phone updated saying we had lost 4-1 on penalties.... fucking gut wrenching feeling.

Then had a rail replacement coach, 52 seats all to myself from Crewe to Chester. Didn't get back home until 1.30am and had to be up at 6am for work.

Was it worth it? Absolutely. Just wish we had buried our chances, we should have been 2 or 3 goals out of sight.

Hats off to everyone that backed the boys last night, focus back on the league now.

Attachments

• IMG_1412.jpg
    IMG_1412.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 29

Adge

I thought so but I checked the rules and it’s two separate coin tosses
Correct-one for the choice of ends and one for who goes first/second.
Only reason the safety officer would get involved if there was disorder or some other misdemeanours. Lets be honest-if the Pens we’re down at the Cov end, we as fans would have been doing exactly the same.

Ring Of Steel

Only reason the safety officer would get involved if there was disorder or some other misdemeanours. Lets be honest-if the Pens we’re down at the Cov end we as fans would have been doing exactly the same.
I am at a loss to understand this obsession with which end, fans behind the goal & all this nonsense, it would have made absolutely zero difference.

Ring Of Steel

Posted it in the ratings thread as well?

Which players have I picked out individually and "hammered" them? Im hardly at the Bakayoko hate levels by pointing things out.
Its more the general meltdown going on, which ignores where we are, the games ahead, the performances we put in over the two games and just comes across as weird & misplaced.

Adge

I am at a loss to understand this obsession with which end, fans behind the goal & all this nonsense, it would have made absolutely zero difference.
Only time the referee would get involved regarding changing the ends chosen by the player winning the toss is if the area where the kicks were being taken was waterlogged etc. Then he would go down the other end.

Nick

Administrator
Its more the general meltdown going on, which ignores where we are, the games ahead, the performances we put in over the two games and just comes across as weird & misplaced.

Meltdown? Pointing out I am pissed off at the way we lost?

I will be there on Saturday and if we concede in the last minute I will be fuming but if we win in the last minute I will probably piss myself with excitement.

All of cant be annoyed, nicey nicey stuff reminds me of schools giving out medals for people coming 3rd.

Ricketts

Only reason the safety officer would get involved if there was disorder or some other misdemeanours. Lets be honest-if the Pens we’re down at the Cov end, we as fans would have been doing exactly the same.
Thats changed since my reffing days then..

It used to be a toss for choice of ends. The 'loser' would kick first.

Adge

Thats changed since my reffing days then..

It used to be a toss for choice of ends. The 'loser' would kick first.
Yes it did. Think it changed about 2 years ago-definitely wasn’t in the last update regarding the Laws of the game.

robbiethemole

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, Lots of positives ie no silly mistakes, or rash challenges like of late. The only issue I saw was Mason looked very tired in extra time, but not suprising given his lack of game time. The second equaliser from Bela was a sliced cross, so very flukey. Overall not one of the lads let us down!!, Max and Baka ran their bollocks off, and walking back to the car amongst the Blues lot (coat tightly done up covering my top), I nearly laughed out loud at how many think they're going to turn Lesta over easily. Deluded wankers

David O'Day

We were better team
Flukey 2nd equaliser
Glad we don't have to get dry boned by Leicester at a cold Incesterdome on a cold Tuesday night
Glad it's Bolton on Sat after the extra time

Johhny Blue

Thinking about last night’s game with a hangover mix of pride and disappointment, one thing is clear. This team has taken a look in the mirror and decided ( with apologies to Hans). I AM A SQUAD.
We now know that we can stare down any team in this division and say “My bench is bigger than your bench”

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think that's an odd way to do it - one team could get all the advantages of choosing ends and whether to kick first. Team that wins the toss should get either choice of ends or whether they want to go first. Then the other team gets the choice of the other. I'd probably even forego the coin toss and say away team gets first choice.

But last night with the Brum fans piling over behind the goal, surely that would be something for the safety officer to say "this is clearly causing an H&S issue. The penalties will be down the other end".

Covkid1968#

I left just before the Blues goal. The first one never leave early but 2 hour drive so wanted to get going... I just couldn’t see Blues scoring. As I left I heard the roar...

on reflection I’m glad we are out... leics would have been a major distraction. 100% focus for the run in.... let’s get the feck out of this shitty league

wingy

Think these guys have a more valid gripe than anything we feell, but I 'could' be wide of the mark .
Early days yet but I think Rickets will turn out to be a successful manager in the higher leagues in the future.

NortonSkyBlue

Think these guys have a more valid gripe than anything we feell, but I 'could' be wide of the mark .
Early days yet but I think Rickets will turn out to be a successful manager in the higher leagues in the future.
I think he is on course to be a premier league manager in future.

Users who are viewing this thread