Match Thread Birmingham match thread (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I did put bets on. Got 12/1 before their first goal on them qualifying. Got 10/1 before their second goal on qualifying. Their second goal was a fluke. But yes let's hammer the lads for a fluke. It seems to be what you are doing. Let's forget about everything else.

Or we can point out that the bloke who scored should never have had acres of space in the last minute to do that? Same with the one who took on multiple players to put the cross in for the equaliser.

The first equaliser he was practically on the byline, even take a foul and kill some time and let us re-shape.

Ring Of Steel

Not really, there's not much worse than 2 last-minute equalisers and losing on penalties. Especially when both goals were pretty preventable if we didn't let them get a cross in.
You obviously haven't been to the same away games I've been at where we're thrown in the towel after 5 mins and got battered from pillar to post for 90 mins. That is a lot worse.

Astute

The moment we conceded in the very last minute of normal time and then did the same in extra time?

Of course people are going to be annoyed at the way we lost the game.
So who has said they wasn't annoyed at the time? I would have kicked the cat if I was at home....and if I had a cat. But now I am at home I wouldn't...... even if I had one and was into hurting animals.

Nick

Administrator
exactly. Complete loss of persepctive. Its seemingly ok when other teams field reserve teams for cup games indicating how little they care, now we're going around distraught that we aren't going to get the chance to get smashed up the M69 between 2 of the biggest games we've played in years, after having outplayed a team from the division above apart from about 90 seconds.

It's not a loss of anything, nobody left the game happy last night.

I'd say the difference in perspective is listening to it on CWR.

Ring Of Steel

So who has said they wasn't annoyed at the time? I would have kicked the cat if I was at home....and if I had a cat. But now I am at home I wouldn't...... even if I had one and was into hurting animals.
I can't say I was 'angry' tbh- philosophical about it for sure but more angry at the deficiencies around putting chances away than at the overall performance.

Astute

Or we can point out that the bloke who scored should never have had acres of space in the last minute to do that? Same with the one who took on multiple players to put the cross in for the equaliser.

The first equaliser he was practically on the byline, even take a foul and kill some time and let us re-shape.
Would love to see you run about for 2 hours and still cover every blade of grass.

It was a fluke. Get over it.

Ring Of Steel

It's not a loss of anything, nobody left the game happy last night.

I'd say the difference in perspective is listening to it on CWR.
Nope, it was the same game, the same things happened. I would have been feeling exactly the same had I been there. Its disproportionate to get so wound up about that game when you consider all the games where we've been destroyed, and what is ahead for us in the next few weeks.

Nick

Administrator
Would love to see you run about for 2 hours and still cover every blade of grass.

It was a fluke. Get over it.

I'd have taken a yellow to kill time and stop the counter-attack miles before he had time to put the cross in.

Nick

Administrator
Nope, it was the same game, the same things happened. Its disproportionate to get so wound up about that game when you consider all the games where we've been destroyed, and what is ahead for us in the next few weeks.

It's really not the same is it? Everybody at the game was pretty annoyed / angry / pissed off.

Checking the scores on Teletext wouldn't have the same feel to it.

Ring Of Steel

Not many were walking out overjoyed, pretty much everybody was pissed off with the way we lost it.

Did you predict 2 last-minute equalisers for them and a loss on penalties? You should have put a bet on if you saw that happening.
btw who was overjoyed? I haven't read all the posts but I didn't see anyone celebrating. Plenty with a balanced view of things but I haven't come across people jumping up and down.

Ring Of Steel

If our players always made the perfect decision and never made a mistake even after 2 hours of football, they wouldn’t be our players that long.

It happens. We did better than anyone expected. It was bad luck and that’s all.
Agreed- apart from I fully expected us to play really well.

Nick

Administrator
Not really sure what Teletext has to do with anything tbh

If you can't see why listening to Clive and Oggy get confused about what's going on differs from being at the game then is there much point trying to explain it to you?

You didn't predict the outcome at all. It is the way in which we lost that annoys people, the same as Shrewsbury and when we have drawn against Oxford, Posh etc.

Astute

I'd have taken a yellow to kill time and stop the counter-attack miles before he had time to put the cross in.
And given a free kick away that would have given them a chance to get arranged for a dangerous attack?

I can see it. Someone tackled him. Gave away a free kick. They scored from the free kick. You would have been on your high horse blaming the player for giving away the dangerous free kick as there wasn't much danger from the position he was in. Because it would have needed a fluke goal to go in...........

Nick

Administrator
And given a free kick away that would have given them a chance to get arranged for a dangerous attack?

I can see it. Someone tackled him. Gave away a free kick. They scored from the free kick. You would have been on your high horse blaming the player for giving away the dangerous free kick as there wasn't much danger from the position he was in. Because it would have needed a fluke goal to go in...........

It would have given us chance to get back to defend it properly rather than it being a fast counter attack. It was on the byline and would have also wasted a bit of time, it would have effectively made it the last kick of the game and a clearance would have seen the ref blow up.

A free kick in that position wasn't too much different to a throw in.

Adge

It's really not the same is it? Everybody at the game was pretty annoyed / angry / pissed off.

Checking the scores on Teletext wouldn't have the same feel to it.
What the hell am I reading here? You need to get a bit of perspective here squire. Of course people were gutted at the end due to the nature of the way we went out, but not the way we played etc.
The reception the team got when leaving the pitch tells you everything you need to know.
It’s often said on here “we need to forget that we were in the Premier League”,maybe on this occasion you should remember that.

Nick

Administrator
What the hell am I reading here? You need to get a bit of perspective here squire. Of course people were gutted at the end due to the nature of the way we went out.
The reception the team got when leaving the pitch tells you everything you need to know.
It’s often said on here “we need to forget that we were in the Premier League”,maybe on this occasion you should remember that.

It's nothing to do with being in the Premier League or expecting to win.

It is the manner in which we lost. The same as when we lost to Shrewsbury or got a draw against Oxford.

Adge

It's nothing to do with being in the Premier League or expecting to win.

It is the manner in which we lost. The same as when we lost to Shrewsbury or got a draw against Oxford.
The manner in which we lost? Yes-a lottery on Penalties.

Astute

It would have given us chance to get back to defend it properly rather than it being a fast counter attack. It was on the byline and would have also wasted a bit of time, it would have effectively made it the last kick of the game and a clearance would have seen the ref blow up.

A free kick in that position wasn't too much different to a throw in.
So a throw in is as fast and powerful as a free kick? Desperate measures now I see.

Nick

Administrator
So a throw in is as fast and powerful as a free kick? Desperate measures now I see.

Did you see their throw ins with how much spin they had on them? They were hitting the penalty spot from pretty much any throw in in our half.

You put this out and it wouldn't have been that much difference between a throw or a free kick.

EP_0wKeX4AIoIap

Ring Of Steel

If you can't see why listening to Clive and Oggy get confused about what's going on differs from being at the game then is there much point trying to explain it to you?
Then stop trying, I'm not ever going to be convinced I need to be in a massive strop criticising after that performance. Disproportionate.

cc84cov

O’Hare & Mason both at fault for goals left sided we looked weak

Nick

Administrator
Then stop trying, I'm not ever going to be convinced I need to be in a massive strop criticising after that performance. Disproportionate.

I have criticised closing down for their 2 goals and I have also criticised our sitters that were missed (over the 2 games).

Nick

Administrator

Ohare or somebody else takes out their player on the byline there and then argue with the ref a little bit and the free kick is effectively going to be their only chance remaining. Even just 2 hands in his back and push him out of play and boot the ball away. It's 90+2 minutes.

They did it to us in the first game.

Sky Blue Pete

By the way clarified with our safety officer that ends was decided by toss of a coin and who took theirs first

Unlucky again

Nick

Administrator
By the way clarified with our safety officer that ends was decided by toss of a coin and who took theirs first

Unlucky again

Doesn't it usually work that whoever wins the toss gets to pick the end or to go first? If they pick to go first then we pick ends?

no_loyalty

A Blues fan I work with said that we were the better team, also said he was impressed with our right winger Bakayoko.

Users who are viewing this thread