Birmingham incident (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

But in what way does it effect your life that the royals have privelage, and in removing the monarchy how would it positively impact your life?

Id quite like to live in a meritocracy TBH. And I’m atheist.

I like the Queen, she’s easily the best world leader and has seen a lot and comes off as very wise and a real asset to the country. That’s entirely chance though. I wouldn’t trust any of her useless offspring.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

A Somali immigrant just caused what looks to be a terrorist attack round the corner.

Quick. Let's talk about Prince Andrew.
Well, I suppose Prince Andrew is fair game but if the murdering bastard is indeed a Somali immigrant it's time to give him all the support we can. Poor chap must have underlying trauma issues.

shmmeee

Well it's true, half cast is now derogatory, must be corrected

Eh it’s just one of my triggers: virtue signalling about how you don’t like virtue signalling. Such a silly phrase, literally all communication is virtue signalling, ask the Buddhists.

I believe dual heritage is the accepted term but god knows. Everyone I know just says “half black” or “mixed race”

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Eh it’s just one of my triggers: virtue signalling about how you don’t like virtue signalling. Such a silly phrase, literally all communication is virtue signalling, ask the Buddhists.

I believe dual heritage is the accepted term but god knows. Everyone I know just says “half black” or “mixed race”
No one says " coloured" any more as I guess it's unacceptable . However, last week the Google logo had a theme to it, as it does occasionally on the anniversary of this or that. Intrigued, I looked further into it and it was the anniversary of the founding of the. " league of coloured gentlemen " here in the UK in 1933 by a Jamaican immigrant, Harold Moody.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No one says " coloured" any more as I guess it's unacceptable . However, last week the Google logo had a theme to it, as it does occasionally on the anniversary of this or that. Intrigued, I looked further into it and it was the anniversary of the founding of the. " league of coloured gentlemen " here in the UK in 1933 by a Jamaican immigrant, Harold Moody.

Person of colour is acceptable, coloured isn't and hasn't been for a long while. I find it a nonsense term (white people are a colour too) and there are definitely a small number of people within some communities who seem to change what are and aren't acceptable terms every five minutes to make themselves out to be a victim and everyone is prejudiced against them.

shmmeee

The whole “coloured is racist but people of colour is fine” thing confuses me no end.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They’ve arrested someone haven’t they? Probably won’t hear much until the trial now.

I'm not too sure. I did try and read up about it this morning but there didn't seem to be anything fresh. I think they did initially arrest someone a couple of days ago but haven't heard pretty much anything since.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The whole “coloured is racist but people of colour is fine” thing confuses me no end.
Anyone who says "persons of colour" is a bit of a knob really.

SBT

so a Somalian was the murdering scum last night in Brum. press not allowed to say it but common knowledge in Brum wonder if the left on here will stick up for him as always

I'm sure there's a good explanation for this btw

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm sure there's a good explanation for this btw

I tell you what does need some explanation though.

Imagine if a white man had gone around Birmingham and stabbed 7 black people, killing one of them. What do you think the outcome would be?

I know you are really excited that the guy wasn't Somali, but there is still a very big issue here. Some poor lad has just lost his life ffs.

Ring Of Steel

I tell you what does need some explanation though.

Imagine if a white man had gone around Birmingham and stabbed 7 black people, killing one of them. What do you think the outcome would be?

I know you are really excited that the guy wasn't Somali, but there is still a very big issue here. Some poor lad has just lost his life ffs.

Outcomes would include him being sent down for murder, and you ignoring it- you only appear concerned when its someone non-white committing offences.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Outcomes would include him being sent down for murder, and you ignoring it- you only appear concerned when its someone non-white committing offences.

Oh, here comes the brigade.

You obviously don't like it because a white guy was the victim. As usual, it will be yesterday's news pretty soon. Then thankfully you can ignore it again. Can you not imagine what would happen if the races were the other way around? You wouldn't be coming on here trying to deflect, you would be slitting your own wrists because you felt guilty about being white, whilst trying to tell everyone else how guilty they should be for encouraging such a racist attack.

Ring Of Steel

You obviously don't like it because a white guy was the victim. As usual, it will be yesterday's news pretty soon. Then thankfully you can ignore it again. Can you not imagine what would happen if the races were the other way around? You wouldn't be coming on here trying to deflect, you would be slitting your own wrists because you felt guilty about being white, whilst trying to tell everyone else how guilty they should be for encouraging such a racist attack.

lol- keep crying & doing your routine, you might strike lucky and Lurker will show up to back you up. Most other people just see you for what you are.

chiefdave

Deliberately playing stupid doesn't suit a smart man like yourself.
Not playing stupid, have no idea what you're getting at.

The police and media have been accused of treating this case differently because it concerned a Somali refugee yet it turns out he was British, recently released from prison and known to have serious mental health issues. Once he was identified he was arrested and then charged.

What is it you think they would have done differently if he was white?

For me the most pressing questions are why this incident lasted so long and ended without him being apprehended. Certainly need to look into the initial response and how the police handled it. And of course once again questions around treatment and support for those with mental health issues.

Grendel

The police and media have been accused of treating this case differently because it concerned a Somali refugee yet it turns out he was British, recently released from prison and known to have serious mental health issues. Once he was identified he was arrested and then charged.

For me the most pressing questions are why this incident lasted so long and ended without him being apprehended. Certainly need to look into the initial response and how the police handled it. And of course once again questions around treatment and support for those with mental health issues.

Mental health issues - - Jesus Christ - just hang him that will end his mental turmoil

chiefdave

Mental health issues - - Jesus Christ - just hang him that will end his mental turmoil
Are you suggesting bringing back capital punishment for this person specifically, murderers in general or just anyone who has mental health issues?

Grendel

Are you suggesting bringing back capital punishment for this person specifically, murderers in general or just anyone who has mental health issues?

I am suggesting he was in prison and not a medical institution so was not whatever he did before was under the Mental Health Act as an excuse for his actions. I am sure Mr Suttcliffe, Mr Huntley, Mr Neilson, Mr and Mrs West all had mental health issues and I would have hanged them as well

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Given that a career criminal was just killed by the police in America and we saw riots, looting, and protests. What do you think the reaction would be if the races were reversed in this situation where a white man went around the gay district killing people who were black?

I seriously doubt it would involve people trying to have an argument about Prince Andrew.

chiefdave

I am suggesting he was in prison and not a medical institution so was not whatever he did before was under the Mental Health Act as an excuse for his actions. I am sure Mr Suttcliffe, Mr Huntley, Mr Neilson, Mr and Mrs West all had mental health issues and I would have hanged them as well
For me that's two separate issues, the debate over capital punishment is a huge issue by itself.

Completely agree that mental health shouldn't be used as a get out, but we all know there are lawyers who will try anything. Of course mental health can cover a huge array of issues, some relatively minor. But we have to make sure we have a working system for those who genuinely have issues.

shmmeee

Do we know all the victims are white? I’ve only seen one reported. I mean statistically they probably are, the country being 86% ish white after all.

chiefdave

I swear, the mental health debate.

No one of sound mind stabs people!!
That's the problem isn't it? You can't say everyone who murders has a mental health issue and therefore should be excused so the issue becomes where do you put the line at which diminished responsibility becomes a valid argument.

Users who are viewing this thread