Birmingham incident (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Not according to that girl on Five live .
More groups/gangs of mates, multi ethnic .
Racial slurs being thrown around.
She reckons gun shots too.

Having now heard that interview I think you're right.
I remember when Brum town centre was safe as houses and a night out there was a welcome change from the mayhem of Cov city centre

Sbarcher

Social division,racial division,religous division, the world is becoming ever more extreme.

Evo1883

Just gonna leave this here for the pearl clutchers

View attachment 16802
From the same article as that image, there isn't many positives to take from that article you got the picture from (bbc article)
So violence (which can be telling somebody to fuck off) has gone down, but violence resulting in injury is on the rise, in 1995 major clampdowns were in process on drugs and football hooliganism for example IMG_20200906_102546.png

Last edited:

shmmeee

From the same article as that image, there isn't many positives to take from that article you got the picture from (bbc article)
So violence (which can be telling somebody to fuck off) has gone down, but violence resulting in injury is on the rise View attachment 16804

Ita a localised rise though, the trend is still down And still well below the peaks of the 80s/90s.

No rise is good, obviously. But I’m not sure the whole “it’s all gawn to the daaags” rhetoric is valid.

Evo1883

Ita a localised rise though, the trend is still down And still well below the peaks of the 80s/90s.

No rise is good, obviously. But I’m not sure the whole “it’s all gawn to the daaags” rhetoric is valid.

Football hooliganism in the 80s and early 90s will have played a massive part in those numbers tbh, and the huge dance and rave scene taking over (drugs)

shmmeee

Football hooliganism in the 80s and early 90s will have played a massive part in those numbers tbh, and the huge dance and rave scene taking over (drugs)

Im not sure football violence peaked in 1995 did it? Late 70s early 80s I’d have thought.

Nick

Administrator
In terms of the race stuff, we went out last year and ended up in a bar in the Arcadian which was full of Yardies. There was about 5 or 6 white people in there (3 of them were us) and we had a great time. We stood out like a sore thumb but we got to drink rum from paper cups and involved with some proper grime and reggae.

Not an ounce of trouble and actually felt more relaxed than we would around the little chavvy pricks you would have had in Ikon.

If anything, I'd say this was more gang beef than anything.

Evo1883

View attachment 16805
From a BBC article
Police forces across England and Wales have been criticised for not recording hundreds of thousands of crimes reported to them each year.

Inspections of force databases have found offences, including violent and sexual ones, have not been counted towards official figures.

One force, Derbyshire, was found to have not recorded about 30,300 crimes a year , more than a third of the total in its area.

What is the difference between reported and recorded crime?
When an offence is reported to police, officers may have investigated it fully but it only counts towards Home Office figures if they "record" it as a crime.

Recording crime means the police can work out where, when and how often crime is happening as well as how to respond, what resources to put in and how to support victims.

Has under-recording affected crime statistics?
In 2014, a report by the UK Parliament's Home Affairs Select Committee said there was "strong evidence" of under-recording, which was exaggerating the rate of decrease in crime.

Police forces throughout England and Wales were found to have an " utterly unacceptable" rate of accurately recording crime .

The then HM Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC), now HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS), estimated almost one-in-five crimes were not being recorded.
Screenshot_20200906-104346.png

shmmeee

From a BBC article
Police forces across England and Wales have been criticised for not recording hundreds of thousands of crimes reported to them each year.

Inspections of force databases have found offences, including violent and sexual ones, have not been counted towards official figures.

One force, Derbyshire, was found to have not recorded about 30,300 crimes a year , more than a third of the total in its area.

What is the difference between reported and recorded crime?
When an offence is reported to police, officers may have investigated it fully but it only counts towards Home Office figures if they "record" it as a crime.

Recording crime means the police can work out where, when and how often crime is happening as well as how to respond, what resources to put in and how to support victims.

Has under-recording affected crime statistics?
In 2014, a report by the UK Parliament's Home Affairs Select Committee said there was "strong evidence" of under-recording, which was exaggerating the rate of decrease in crime.

Police forces throughout England and Wales were found to have an " utterly unacceptable" rate of accurately recording crime .

The then HM Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC), now HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS), estimated almost one-in-five crimes were not being recorded.
View attachment 16806

From my FullFact article ;)

The police data is generally bad at telling us anything about trends over time. Not only do they not record all crime that actually happens (some crimes often go under-reported to the police), they’ve been subject to a lot of changes over the years in how the police count the data. The one thing it is more useful for is for crimes that happen very rarely and cause a high level of harm, like knife crimes or murder. But even in the case of knife crime, it’s still very unreliable.

The Crime Survey is much better at telling us about trends, because it’s always had a consistent methodology and can pick up crimes that go unreported to the police.”

Evo1883

From my FullFact article ;)

The police data is generally bad at telling us anything about trends over time. Not only do they not record all crime that actually happens (some crimes often go under-reported to the police), they’ve been subject to a lot of changes over the years in how the police count the data. The one thing it is more useful for is for crimes that happen very rarely and cause a high level of harm, like knife crimes or murder. But even in the case of knife crime, it’s still very unreliable.

The Crime Survey is much better at telling us about trends, because it’s always had a consistent methodology and can pick up crimes that go unreported to the police.”

So the way police record crime has changed over time, could be a main contributing factor... Also with football violence, the main crackdown came in the late 80s early 90s... Meaning more arrests and charges that is my point about football violence, then we have to factor in the meteoric rise of drug use in that period which will have had an impact on violent crime.. It's a fair assumption I think
I may be wrong, but there is no way England is safer especially in major cities than it was 25 years ago... No way

Last edited:

wingy

Did it suggest some folks got ejected out of somewhere.
Then it sounds like either they returned 1.5 hrs later , don't know if to venue or came across those from the original beef .
Is it right that someone has died.
The girl on radio/telly definitely thought the racial insults were inter group which may have been mixed and that a gun was discharged at least twice and a victim in that vicinity.

The Lurker

Something don’t add up here. Take a step back and look at the facts

1) it’s not gang related as the victims were random

2) the stabbing rampage went on for 2 hours

3) no-one arrested

yet the police rule our terrorism Or hate crime! The police messed up last Night in Brum. How can someone with all the cctv about now manage togo on a stabbing rampage for 2hrs and not get caught.WMP are a disgrace

Evo1883

Something don’t add up here. Take a step back and look at the facts

1) it’s not gang related as the victims were random

2) the stabbing rampage went on for 2 hours

3) no-one arrested

yet the police rule our terrorism Or hate crime! The police messed up last Night in Brum. How can someone with all the cctv about now manage togo on a stabbing rampage for 2hrs and not get caught.WMP are a disgrace

Are they saying 2 people killed one and injured 7, I saw a video of 1 man being arrested this morning by police, I'm guessing with a second being hunted...they believe 2 people are responsible?

The Lurker

Are they saying 2 people killed one and injured 7, I saw a video of 1 man being arrested this morning by police, I'm guessing with a second being hunted...they believe 2 people are responsible?

The video doing the rounds of armed ob nicking someone wasn’t related to last night. but nothing reported by WMP. WMP are one of the most corrupt police force in the uk. something is not right

wingy

I'm wondering if one side cleared off to get tooled up then returned as there may have been a gap of 1.5 hrs.

The Lurker

I'm wondering if one side cleared off to get tooled up then returned as there may have been a gap of 1.5 hrs.
it’s not gang related. the victims are not gang related and randomly attacked. that cara interviewed put 2+2 together and got 7.

Evo1883

it’s not gang related. the victims are not gang related and randomly attacked. that cara interviewed put 2+2 together and got 7.

So il just say what you're saying, they are trying to cover up a terror incident?

The Lurker

So il just say what you're saying, they are trying to cover up a terror incident?

100 percent. What else could it be? What would you call someone who goes out to stab people on a night out for no reason? to inflict killing and terror to people. amazing how no information about the suspect. No photos no description nothing. yet still on the run

The Lurker

so a Somalian was the murdering scum last night in Brum. press not allowed to say it but common knowledge in Brum wonder if the left on here will stick up for him as always

Users who are viewing this thread