Birmingham don’t want us (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

We have no choice but to accept it for what it is. So many of our fans on here seem to take this viewpoint as a personal slight on our team, but it is not. So much of being a football supporter is shared moments and experiences, and celebrating those good times together, particularly when they have been so rare. While our supporters will have a rightful glow about our performances this season, we will not have the equivalent of the Wolves game from the 60's, the cup final in the 80's or our recent Wembley play off game, to cherish and reminisce about in the future when we look back on this season. This team deserved to have that moment in time.
If we get promoted without finishing the season, we'll be very lucky.
There are easily enough games left for us to have slipped up and not been promoted.
You can say we have been denied the celebrations of becoming league champions, but we well might not have finished top or even in the top two.
It will be forever unknown where we would have finished.

D

Deleted member 4439

If we get promoted without finishing the season, we'll be very lucky.
There are easily enough games left for us to have slipped up and not been promoted.
You can say we have been denied the celebrations of becoming league champions, but we well might not have finished top or even in the top two.
It will be forever unknown where we would have finished.

I doubt very much that Mark Robbins and the team will regard themselves as being 'very lucky'. To the contrary, given the quite amazing form of the team since that first win away in December, and the fact that they were winning or at least taking a point off all of their nearest rivals - not to mention the basic stats around pts, games in hand, games lost etc - I suspect they in fact think themselves very unlucky not to have been able to play out the season to its final, pretty certain conclusion.

Speedies_Chips

I doubt very much that Mark Robbins and the team will regard themselves as being 'very lucky'. To the contrary, given the quite amazing form of the team since that first win away in December, and the fact that they were winning or at least taking a point off all of their nearest rivals - not to mention the basic stats around pts, games in hand, games lost etc - I suspect they in fact think themselves very unlucky not to have been able to play out the season to its final, pretty certain conclusion.
It's not that difficult to get his name right is it?

Users who are viewing this thread