Match Thread Birmingham City (H) - 7:45 Tue 23rd Nov (5 Viewers)

larry_david

I guess having calmed down a little, two clean sheets in a row is great.

Our attempt at scoring a goal however, was not

Delboycov

Disappointing result.. Decent performance tbf.. We battered them without putting the final nail in and the positive is that of the last 4 games against them we really did look a class above tonight. Make no mistake they were hanging on and we need a couple of final jigsaw pieces. Worrying we didn't finish them off though and I do think this is probably the start of our descent to mid table obscurity. Just hope I'm wrong!

larry_david

Disappointing result.. Decent performance tbf.. We battered them without putting the final nail in and the positive is that of the last 4 games against them we really did look a class above tonight. Make no mistake they were hanging on and we need a couple of final jigsaw pieces. Worrying we didn't finish them off though and I do think this is probably the start of our descent to mid table obscurity. Just hope I'm wrong!
Tbf it was half chance after half chance by the end. I fear I'm going to have nightmares about walkers chance.

covcity4life

Still say that Hyam as good as he can be defensively is not good enough on the ball and once JCS is fit should be out of the side
I like them both. Jcs on left. Rose is playing well at mo but I don't see hyam as needing to be dropped urgently. 4 good centre backs. Maybe that's why we are 4th in the league....no wait one must be bad!! The table is lying!!

Mr Panda

I'm left frustrated again by lack of action from the subs bench. The wing back roles in this system are the most hard running up and down the pitch, why not bring on Kane to add something in the final third? Dabo hasn't got it.

Not a fan of having neither Sheaf or Hamer on the pitch either for any length of time - we lose finesse

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
A missed opportunity
But not the end of the world
Absolutely. The conviction on here that the thing you didn't do is better than you think you did do is amazing.

Evidently Walker didn't get any call at the end and just tried to put it in the danger zone. What a ball from Fadz though.

Some of our passing in the first half was sumptuous. If Maatsen has scored, it would have rivalled any of Citeh's sweatyist goals!

Was a red. If he'd done that when Maatsen was shepherding it out for a goal kick, everyone would have been screaming for a red. The 'last man' is a red herring.

Overall, frustrating yes, awful/abysmal no.

Terry Gibson's perm

A team that is the image of their manager dirty and cynical.

It was nice to see the player get sent off he made the foul and must have thought a nice yellow there, it’s about time we saw this kind of stuff.

Troy Denney needs to pack up absolutely useless the fastest he moves is to the ref to appeal for things.

pusbccfc

Their “robust ticket check” worked well didn’t it… it was worse than ever in 14/15/16

Tbf I've never had my ticket checked by police 3 times. Never seen anything like it, complete overkill.

The issue is that they've blocked off block 13. That was a bit of an overspill before.

Sky Blue Pete

Gyokeres should score 1-0 all day. Godden finishes one of those three chances in added time. Thought guokeres was good second half, Ohare disappeared and pretty sure sheaf carrying a knock for Kelly to do 90. Walker should have been on for Hamer and Allen for Kelly. Nowhere near as attacking as he should have been but we still should have won it at the end. Maatsen brillaint game mom

CCFCSteve

We were anything but exceptional - we ran out of ideas and had no real plan at all in the second half - the keeper was hardly tested all night

Thats a bit harsh. Just in the second half there was the decent effort by Godden (good save). Vik and Walker should’ve hit the target at the end (Vik should’ve scored). Great play by Vik putting Hamer through, poor finish at keeper. Vik brought down when going through on goal. Maartsen brought down when going through. Some poor final deliveries/not clinical enough but we were by far the better team and should’ve won

Agree with posts about subs though. If sheafs fit he should’ve been on, Kane should’ve been on for Dabo at some stage and Walker at least the last 15-20.

Users who are viewing this thread