Bin Strikes (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

I'm bound by those rules and see no problem at all with binmen going home once they've finished their round, apart from pure spite why would somebody care?
cool, but you are not everyone.

If you put it to poll most people would not support a strike based on this, most people would have a reaction like Nick

That is just people for you

Nick

Administrator
You get paid more for performing more tasks than you are contractually obliged so it'd still be a thing

Not sure how you would define the exact number of tasks per contract as opposed to hours though. (In wider industries).

Surely if everybody at work is finishing a few hours early every day then everything is done and there isn't any need for over time?

SBAndy

Not sure how you would define the exact number of tasks per contract as opposed to hours though. (In wider industries).

Surely if everybody at work is finishing a few hours early every day then everything is done and there isn't any need for over time?

Few things:

1. It would be impossible to implement across every job as each have different needs/aims. A shop till worker will be needed on a time metric as the workload doesn’t ‘go down’ as you complete a task (i.e. serve a customer).

2. Overtime is a bit of a sham anyway in my opinion. I know people personally who will slow-play the working day knowing they will get OT opportunities as a result. OT is only really a solution when workload spikes unexpectedly.

3. As per my post above, it doesn’t matter to me, you or anyone how long a task takes if it’s done and done correctly. Couldn’t give a flying fuck if Evo is the Lewis Hamilton of the bin man world and his crew complete their round in 3 minutes. Crack on.

Evo1883

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying change your contract, management say carry on as you were anyway, everybody's happy.

The only thing thay will change from today is I will have to leave 90 minutes later than I currently do

Tommo1993

Honestly lads I love my job good pension 4 days a week always home at night with the kids and decent pay ..I'm good , @Tommo1993 will tell you , its a good place to work

I miss it a lot mate. Gutted they couldn’t contract the last of us for a little bit longer. Just couldn’t live on that uncertainty.

Evo1883

I miss it a lot mate. Gutted they couldn’t contract the last of us for a little bit longer. Just couldn’t live on that uncertainty.
They're all getting council contracts over the next few weeks .
Tom White going pretty much

shmmeee

When I was a teen I was told there’s a waiting list to become a bin man, is that true? Is it a hard job to get into?

Evo1883

When I was a teen I was told there’s a waiting list to become a bin man, is that true? Is it a hard job to get into?

Well if I'm honest not many people leave that get contracts , it's hard to get council contracts normally , many blokes been there between 10 and 40 years

No waiting list though

Users who are viewing this thread